home

Author Topic: AoS chaos.  (Read 9081 times)

Offline scrubber

• Members
AoS chaos.
« on: September 06, 2015, 09:34:00 PM »
I am looking to expand my growing army for End Times. See the Bloodreavers as just more marauders which is great, get two distinct tribes.
My question is are the Bloodreavers in the starter set, the same as those in the £35.00 UK box set?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:38:05 PM by scrubber »

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: AoS chaos.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:47:37 PM »
No, the Starter set has only one option to build them with reaver blades and the overall look seems to differ also.
Besides the Starterbox has 20 with 1 command set, box has 20 with more interchangeable parts
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »
Good to know! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 10:55:37 PM »
The starter set models are very very convertable, though. Great poses. You could get a good bit of variation with a few mutations/weapon swaps
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 08:44:28 PM »
Thanks Stealth Knight. So is the difference between the reaver axe and meatripper axe, that one is single and the other double handed.

Has anyone else wondered why there in a box of 20 bloodreaver at £35 and a horde of 40 at £70. No saving for larger number and presume costing more to print another size box.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 12:23:46 AM »
Horde of 40 would be sent as 2 boxes.  Most web bundles don't save you anything other than a few mouse clicks.

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 04:10:13 AM »
Yep, that's been the way most bundles have worked for years now.

Offline Syn Ace

• Members
  • Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 07:15:48 AM »
Yeah, GW bundles have mystified me for quite some time. Usually zero savings at all.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

— Popularly but incorrectly attributed to William Gibson

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 10:53:50 AM »
At the prices they charge, it seems  they might sell more figures if they had a slight reduction on their bundles.  If a person likes the figures.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 11:45:01 AM »
their seems no logic in the prizing at all.. most packs for Stormcast are 0 savings to be made, but if you look at the Sylvaneth pack it actually saves you 43 Euro..

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »
The Sylvaneth bundle with 3x Treemen and however many Dryads plus a brachwraith comes in a box for that bundle, and is in store.  It's not just a quick way to order a pile of other boxes. 
I still think a bit of a discount for buying multiples would make the price more tempting

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 10:32:10 PM »
Ordered my first box of bloodreavers today. [using internet, not GW prices.] Anyone interested in swopping my round bases for square ones?

Is the Khorgorath the name of the creature or the type of monster. What would is it's equivalent have been in the old world.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 12:25:30 AM »
Ordered my first box of bloodreavers today. [using internet, not GW prices.] Anyone interested in swopping my round bases for square ones?

Is the Khorgorath the name of the creature or the type of monster. What would is it's equivalent have been in the old world.

Type of monster.  No equivalent I can think of.  It's somewhere between a chaos spawn and a daemon prince, but neither.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 12:43:38 AM »
Agreed, it's the type of monster. The one in the starter kit has it's own separate name. I think it's more like a khorne centric spawn. At one point in the starter booklet I think they mention that most of those monsters are predator animals that have wandered into Khrones realm and been forcibly mutated.

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 10:28:53 PM »
So far I have come up with the following Chaos items to use in "Endtimes".
Khorgorath will be a Khorne chaos spawn and use their stats.
Bloodreavers reaver axe will be warriors of the Skaramor tribe. Here not sure if just using marauders is right, as this tribe was stronger and more violent.
Bloodreavers meatrippers would be skullreapers. Stats in Archaon book 2.

Quick question. Can we now show the stats for the old warhammer game or not  :icon_question:

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 09:58:44 PM »
Ouch those new Chaos models are a tad expensive for a single figure £18 UK. Whereas the Aspiring Deathbringer is only £11.
And howcome Skarr and Valkia made it through End-times having been slain ?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 10:02:08 PM by scrubber »

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 10:05:15 PM »
Yeah, quality isn't cheap.  :cry:(not stopping me though, going to get some Stormcasts soon)

Missed your last question about old warhammer stats. I don't see why not, we're all warhammer fanatics here. :smile2:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 10:47:55 PM »
Ouch those new Chaos models are a tad expensive for a single figure £18 UK. Whereas the Aspiring Deathbringer is only £11.
And howcome Skarr and Valkia made it through End-times having been slain ?

As far as I know all Deamon(likes) are going somewhere when defeated. There was a little fluff bit about it in one of the bigger books (first deamon defeated by the stormcast)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 10:58:47 PM »
Indeed, regular daemons and those who rise to daemonhood become apart of chaos. Only very few things can kill them permanently,  when slain by lesser means the daemons just return to the realms of chaos.

With AoS, the playing field has been balanced somewhat with the Stormcasts, Seraphon and Nagash becoming the god of death. Now there are four armies that are hard to keep dead, though the stormcasts are still in danger of having their souls devoured by daemons.

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 11:31:50 PM »
Stormcast already lost one of their Celestants due to the Reality Splitting Axe from Khul (Jactos Goldenmane)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 12:45:37 AM »
Ouch, tough luck. If every stormcast is a reforged hero then a champion like that must be near un-replaceable. 

Offline scrubber

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 10:44:49 PM »
Mr Khorgorath has arrived and he has one of my favourite GW hates. Them bleeping skulls. So he's off to see Doctor Greenstuff for cosmetic surgery, may also get head transplant while there. Once bandages off will take some pictures.

Update 29th september.
Mr Khorgorath went under the knife today, problems great than feared. Standing was painful with the bad case of nappy rash, that prevented him from walking properly, so maijor surgery undertaken today and the leg has come off. This means his recovery time may take longer.
No flower or grapes please they give him wind.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:50:36 PM by scrubber »

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 12:06:05 AM »
Hahaha, I hear that!

I got a special project in-store for mine. Lots of skull covering and blue paint will be involved when I finally get around to it. Oh, and making a red cape big enough for him.

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 07:36:34 AM »
Hahaha, I hear that!

I got a special project in-store for mine. Lots of skull covering and blue paint will be involved when I finally get around to it. Oh, and making a red cape big enough for him.

does it also involve a v shaped icon with an S in it?  :engel:

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2015, 04:35:57 AM »
Hahaha, afraid not. :-P

I'm working on three Bretonnian projects with my spare time.
Bretonnians- regular Bretonnians on square bases for multiple games.
Kingdom of Verre- Bretonnians on round bases that will be lead by a Lord for each realm. (Got life, fire and heavens so far)
Hyrule Bretonnians- my side project of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf. I'm working on three phases of Ganondorf right now with the last being his demon king form, Ganon.(this will be Khorgorath's role. I'm also converting a force of stormcast into his iron knuckle army.)

Fun times ahead for me. :smile2: