home

Author Topic: Where my necrons at?  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Where my necrons at?
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:46:36 PM »
So, checking the games workshop website, I saw that the Necron Warrior Ark Phalanx (12 warriors, ghost ark and three scarab swarms) is "No longer available". Since I had my eye on them for a while now, I wanted to ask if anyone knows whether they're gone forever, or if this is a temporary thing? Seems odd, since the "troops + transport" deal is still available for a number of other armies, like the orks.

I suppose it doesn't matter a lot- it's a ten euro discount to buy the boxes separately, but if they're bringing the combined box back then I'll wait before purchasing. Still got 85 models to assemble and paint before my backlog's finished anyway ;).
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
Re: Where my necrons at?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:48:26 PM »
Probably just doing away with the boxed sets from last edition that are older.  Those may not be as usable under 8th?
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:19:44 PM »
Maybe their moving to try and keep the get started boxes as the only long term bundles. Have the other stuff be just temp.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 01:25:42 PM »
Ah, that's too bad- would've liked to spend the 20 euro discount on something else (could've paid for part of an annihilation barge).

By the way, quick question about the annihilation barge. The website says it comes with a 25mm round base- does that mean it comes with a free necron lord if you assemble it as an annihilitation barge (rather than a command barge)? Would be nice to have another lord running around :).
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 11:07:19 AM »
Yes.  If you make the annihilation barrge, the lord model can't fit.  They were thoughtful enough to give you a base to park him on!
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 06:35:34 AM »
Oh that's great :). I already have one from the Get Started box, but a second lord certainly couldn't hurt!