home

Author Topic: Free Peoples in GH2017  (Read 478 times)

Free Peoples in GH2017
« on: August 25, 2017, 03:08:11 PM »
The General's Handbook 2017 is now up for pre-order.

The warhammer-community site has already shown off a number of cool new changes, both in points, new allegiance abilities and artefacts.

See it herehttps://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/23/reeces-freeguildgw-homepage-post-3/

What are you most excited for?

I think it's particularly cool that greatswords and demigryph knights are now battleline units if you remain within the free peoples allegiance, letting you take an entirely mounted and armoured freeguild army if you wish. I also like how the ally rules will now let me take a hurricanum in my 2k list without breaking allegiance.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
Re: Free Peoples in GH2017
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 04:31:19 PM »
That's a huge bonus above👆
I really like the ascetics of the Demi gryphs. Really fits in nicely with the new world. More so than the old I think. I also really like the card deck that's coming. Pure genius. The Grearswords are really going to find their element now and although not new, the +1 to hit within 14" of a hero is fantastic 3+3+ -1 rend is nice for a 1 wound trooper.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 10:23:15 PM »
the great companies ability looks great also giving a better utility in supporting then the warscroll single ability does
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:42:58 PM »
the great companies ability looks great also giving a better utility in supporting then the warscroll single ability does

I had forgotten to mention the great company. I'm still trying to get my head around it but it sounds fantastic. If I'm right, parts of it act like detachments with counter charge/shoot. That sounds good.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 01:16:11 AM »
The detachment system is back, but am I correct that the "sleeves" aren't limited to being half the size of the parent unit? For instance, 20 Freeguild Guard and two sleeves of 30 or more archers?     

What about the battalion warscrolls? I went with the Empire one, as I don't want to buy Demi-Gryphs...

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:45:46 AM »
yeah only requirement now is that you have to have 1 unit of guard of 20 or more bodies and 2 supporting of 10 or more of any kind of free guild unit.

not sure about the battalions
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989