home

Author Topic: Fireforge Minis?  (Read 1583 times)

Offline adso113

• Members
Fireforge Minis?
« on: February 11, 2018, 06:20:04 PM »
Hey, all, I've been looking at fleshing out my Bretonnians for a while now and found Fireforge Games. While I found them some time ago, it looks like they've added some fantasy minis to their range at really reasonable prices. I looked in the minis comparison thread and there wasn't anything about them going back to 2014. Has anyone, especially in the US, ever done any business with them? Do you get your models in a reasonable amount of time? Do they go through regular distribution channels so I can get them at an LGS? For anyone that has purchased any of their models, how do you like them? How do they stand next to GW models? Should I not mix them in with GW minis because of size/ aesthetic differences? Any advice and information would greatly appreciated.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Re: Fireforge Minis?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:13:44 PM »
I quite like the Fireforge minis and there are a number of places in the US to order them (Ebay or other LGS). I've never ordered directly from Fireforge though have bought stuff from a games store in the UK as prices were cheaper on a mixed bunch of Frostgrave and Fireforge stuff I was ordering. As for size the plastic kits will be smaller than the GW minis both 6th-8th Plastics or even the 5th edition Metals. Oddly though minis from their resin range are about spot on to GW scale, I've been working at turning Russian Militia types into Kislev Streletsi and they come out on par with the metal Kossars for size.

If I did not have a large number of Bret metal infantry I certainly would be using the Fireforge foot sergeants for my Men at Arms.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 11:01:45 PM »
I haven’t got any, but am constantly considering them. Mainly the mongols, however i think they woukd work great as kislev horse archers too. The Teuton ramge look fantastic. I have no experience or comparisons to share, however I share encouragement!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 11:31:03 PM »
Fireforge's medieval figures could work well for Bretonnians.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline adso113

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 04:45:13 AM »
Thanks for the advice S. O. F., I'll definitely keep it in mind when I finish off my Bretonnians in a few months.