home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...  (Read 71678 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2018, 09:37:09 PM »
And I found the foam cutter! Yes! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2018, 09:45:46 PM »
Been working on some Bretonnian mercenaries (they exist in my low-ish fantasy version of the Warhammer world) ready for potential battle in my campaign, and a photo story at some point.

Just noticed I haven't painted the musician's horn. Oops ... there's always something.

Nowadays I have pictures for stories in mind, so with these I kit-bashed and converted to make as many as possible into spearmen (more than the box contained) and also as many as I could into jogging poses so that they can feature in a story of the company just moving around.

Also nearly completed a wagon with a driver in the same livery, and several civilians with more stories in mind.

Meanwhile, this is my current to do pile, as well as several more civilians etc that I'll do when I need them for stories.

10 Skeleton Horse
25 Estalians to bulk a smaller band into a regiment
16 marching militia pike for story reasons, and maybe as extra back ranks to make a pike regiment even bigger
30 landsknecht mercs 'cos I just had to have them!

And having made the mistake of looking at web shops I am actively trying to stop myself buying some lovely standing archers for the Brets and another 16 peasants to bulk out the mob-militias desperately fielded in times of dire need.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:43:27 PM by Padre »
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2018, 09:51:16 PM »
Awesome Padre, just awesome. :::cheers:::

In doing some unpacking of boxes, after having moved last fall, I'm finding cool stuff, and the more I move towards my vision of setting up some more of my space for hobbying, the more creating, gaming and story telling I'll be able to do. :icon_cool:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2018, 10:02:34 PM »
Really nice Padre. Those jogging spearmen are great. You talk about a missed horn. Almost every standard I have remains black. I should just knuckle down and use transfers. I have no faith in my ability to do banners after seeing the masterpieces around here.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2018, 10:23:31 PM »
I usually find a banner design I like, shrink it, mess about with it using MSPaint, then print it and glue it on. I have to change the banners as the campaign proceeds, so I have to take this route.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 11:52:42 AM »
As everything I paint is for the campaign now, and the campaign is both battles and picture stories, I always have to put some models aside for conversion when I make a box, that way I get both a fighting unit and a few blokes having a chat!

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
Great to see one of these threads up and running again, I've managed them in the past so I know it's a big commitment to take on ;)

I'm not setting any goals for April beyond "move closer to finishing my Space Marine army". It's tantalisingly close, but I have so much else going on that I don't think it'll happen this month... lovely to see what everyone else is up to, though  :eusa_clap:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 12:27:42 PM »
I usually find a banner design I like, shrink it, mess about with it using MSPaint, then print it and glue it on. I have to change the banners as the campaign proceeds, so I have to take this route.

I had made a comment but never sent it. This sounds like a good plan. Do you shrink it on a printer till the right size then cut and paste ?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
Yup. I use MS paint to make the image and it's reverse to line up (sometimes not a mirror image, just the other side) usually with a little gap to accommodate the flag pole, then I paste it several times on a MS Word page, each one a different size, in the hope that when I print one will be the correct size. I dab glue on (usually pritt stick type stuff) then fold it leaving a loose area around the pole, then I slide it on, nip it all closed, trim the edges and sometimes use a felt tip of the right sort of colour to remove the whiteness at the very edges.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 01:49:02 PM »
This sounds great!  I never thought of the ms paint. I will attempt this and show results.
Thanks very much!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »
Penguin ... finish painting 40 crossbowmen, 40 pikemen, 6 demigryph riders, and 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns, 2 steam tanks

Crossbowmen and pikemen finished! Yay!  :-P

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 11:15:25 PM »
Posted in my plog, finished the ogre. Making solid progress on the first giant.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2018, 02:28:00 AM »
Can add warboss on a boar and the great shaman to the list. Finally getting off my walk down memory lane and back to w’ork!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2018, 01:07:45 PM »
For Padre ... were you counting all those figures as ones you're aiming at for April :icon_question:

- - -

Yesterday I started creating the scenery for the 2 4'x6' tables I'm responsible to finish by Apr 29th.  I need more insulation foam!

- - -

Updating!

Tally for April Goals
GP ... scenery for two 6'x4' tables, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen, 10 WW1 28mm French
Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber & crew, 20 ardboys, 2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars
Penguin ... finish painting 40 crossbowmen, 40 pikemen, 6 demigryph riders, and 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns, 2 steam tanks
023 ... finish 1 giant left half painted, 2 new giants, 1 ogre.
Warlord ... ?
SOF ... do something wargaming hobby related
Silvero ... 8 players for Guildball, basecoat and bases done, Finish Terrorgheist, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, basic layers for Luminark/Hurricanum, Ariel, & 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs, 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks, 6 Space Wolf Inceptors, basecoat a Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain & Apothecary.
JAK ... maybe enter painting contest on Aelf, see what’s required to continue with City Watch.
Realjuan ... Build, GreenStuff fix and prime all my Haqqislam Infinity Army.
Naitsabes ... building 20 Reiksguard, painting some pikemen, an Iron Daemon.
Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Finish Death Watch Squad 1, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, Take more pictures, update painting plogs, Take pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun.
Shadespyre ... move closer to finishing my Space Marine army

Completed goals are bolded.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 11:04:21 PM »
Okay! Finished some stuff and did an extra character as well. Here's my current goals and finished total.

- Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Finish Death Watch Squad 1, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, Take more pictures, update painting plogs, Take pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun.

Hopefully I can take even more pictures in the light tomorrow. Especially of the finished Deathwatch squad and maybe some older finished models. I also put some leatherwork up on my plog and might see about digging more stuff out.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2018, 12:50:20 AM »
30 arrer boys GP! I’m finding this a grind but it will go on!

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2018, 01:56:30 AM »
30 twin choppas! 20 ardboys and 2 chariots to go.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2018, 11:48:37 AM »
All my focus has been on the scenery in time for Apr 29th.  Still working on it and planning on doing more today!

Also, I bought a new game mat made by Frontline Gaming ... Grassland 1.  It seems to be a more brilliant green color than in the picture on their website, but it does look good, and I like it a lot!

I almost bought the Tundra mat, but in seeing them from the guy carrying these locally, it is darker than the website shows it, and not really my preference.

- - -

Updating!

Tally for April Goals
GP ... scenery for two 6'x4' tables, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen, 10 WW1 28mm French
Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber & crew, 20 ardboys, 2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars
Warlord ... ?
Silvero ... 8 players for Guildball, basecoat and bases done, Finish Terrorgheist, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, basic layers for Luminark/Hurricanum, Ariel, & 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs, 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks, 6 Space Wolf Inceptors, basecoat a Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain & Apothecary.
JAK ... maybe enter painting contest on Aelf, see what’s required to continue with City Watch.
Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Finish Death Watch Squad 1, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, Take more pictures, update painting plogs, Take pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun.
Shadespyre ... move closer to finishing my Space Marine army

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2018, 01:18:45 AM »
2 chariots! Just the ardboys and the basing of the the old old twin choppas.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2018, 12:15:13 PM »
Towards my goal, I painted my Space Marine Drop pod.

I also accidentally painted the same ogre wot 023 did. I hadn't planned to, but it still counts, right?  :wink:

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »

Finished 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns, 2 steam tanks. Now I need to finally deal with demigryphs!  :smile2:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2018, 08:41:18 PM »
Updating ...

Tally for April Goals
Warlord ... ?
Shadespyre ... move closer to finishing my Space Marine army (Drop pod), OOP Empire Ogre

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2018, 04:08:47 PM »
Well since my last update I have not touched anything. Not a thing. I'm either constantly waiting for the weather to clear up enough to let me spray paint, or on the good days I end up running around madly doing errands. My paints and models are just waiting on the table. Watching me. Always watching me, and judging...

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2018, 06:29:43 PM »
My paints and models are just waiting on the table. Watching me. Always watching me, and judging...

...and they are a patient lot. They can keep it up for years.

I got the Reiksguard built, sashes and all. And a pikeman...which is not quite pikemen as was the original goal. The Iron Daemon still haunts me, which is only fitting.

The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 01:28:34 AM »
Very impressive!👆

Well the bloodbowl bases came in so I can wrap this. 2500 pts of green headed madness. Some of each unit was painted previously or some basic paints but they are now complete. The last of the ardboys are done. This is the most painting I’ve ever done in one month and will now probably slow down a bit. I have only some dwarvesvthat I forgot I have, spider riders, and some shadow warriors to do now. Zygmund gave some direction for bases and I picked up some shade, flock and static and will play with it a bit.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020