home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 667750 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #3325 on: August 05, 2019, 06:05:17 PM »
It should have been in the CT  ………………. and now it is  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #3326 on: August 05, 2019, 09:59:55 PM »
It should have been in the CT  ………………. and now it is  :engel:

:::cheers::: Thanks. Not sure why I could find it one day, but not the other.  :eusa_wall:

It caused me to go pledge on the Third Breakfast campaign.  Bad me! :icon_lol:

I'm in on that one too.  Im already reconsidering whether I planned for enough archers or whether I need to increase my pledge.  :engel:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #3327 on: August 05, 2019, 11:55:04 PM »
At first I signed up for early bird raiders level.  Then I said, "what the heck, going to need more than that to make proppa units!", and then I upped my pledge to an early bird garrison level.  Might buy a few add-ons on top of that, but we'll see.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3328 on: August 06, 2019, 07:48:27 AM »
I have already got loads of his stuff, so I am mainly looking at the new figures which are quite a small part of the KS. I suppose I will have to pledge something and then boost it when we see exactly what other new units get added.

I am not sure I like the concept of not being able to plan how much you will invest, or at least get some idea, from the start.

I wonder if he is motivated for a 'relaunch' due to Warlord's forthcoming Halflings for Erewhorn (or whatever it's called  :engel: )
I've looked at their £150 starter deal, but it's hard to see the detail or get a size comparison.
As this thread proves there can be quite a difference in figure size with halflings.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #3329 on: August 06, 2019, 02:53:04 PM »
I'm mostly in the KS for the new figures too. I'm still waiting on an order of the old figures from earlier this year, which should round out all of the regiments I've already started.

I wonder if he is motivated for a 'relaunch' due to Warlord's forthcoming Halflings for Erewhorn (or whatever it's called  :engel: )
I've looked at their £150 starter deal, but it's hard to see the detail or get a size comparison.
As this thread proves there can be quite a difference in figure size with halflings.

Given that some of the reward levels reference playing in "Nowhere" that's a possibility.  :icon_lol: (reverse the word  :wink: )

I should take a new halfling comparison photo when I get a chance.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3330 on: August 06, 2019, 04:00:35 PM »
I got to dig out the halfmen I got after the first breakfast.  Never made it to the second breakfast.  I was already too full.

The third breakfast seems to be better timing.  I'm after halfknechts mostly, and a few cavalry I missed, plus a couple of artillery pieces.

Not sure how the newer figures with the pledge levels triggering their production, but I may need to add those on afterwards.  Maybe.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #3331 on: August 06, 2019, 04:44:20 PM »
Seems like there are more halflings being released than proper human fantasy miniatures.  :closed-eyes:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3332 on: August 06, 2019, 05:31:32 PM »
 :icon_lol: :icon_exclaim:

And GW is discontinuing some of their best ones. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3333 on: August 06, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »
So, is the glass now halfling full or empty?
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3334 on: August 07, 2019, 10:49:14 AM »
The third breakfast seems to be better timing.  I'm after halfknechts mostly, and a few cavalry I missed, plus a couple of artillery pieces.

Not sure how the newer figures with the pledge levels triggering their production, but I may need to add those on afterwards.  Maybe.

Messaged Kawe yesterday - Page is a bit out of date - the Stretch goals are unlocked up to the Halfman Hoplite.

Some of the new figs should be pictured soon. (The bowmen pic is existing figures actually) and the War Wagon and old Cannons sound like they are going to also be available.

I suspect I will pledge basic level and then add value for the new stuff at Pledge Manager time.
Some of the new units at C$5 are  very cheap - KS Bargain time  :biggriin:

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #3335 on: August 07, 2019, 11:03:20 AM »

Fidelis of Sigmaringen, Master of Puns h.c.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3336 on: August 07, 2019, 11:30:37 AM »
The pun is mightier than the sword.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3337 on: August 07, 2019, 11:54:05 AM »

Messaged Kawe yesterday - Page is a bit out of date - the Stretch goals are unlocked up to the Halfman Hoplite.

Some of the new figs should be pictured soon. (The bowmen pic is existing figures actually) and the War Wagon and old Cannons sound like they are going to also be available.

I suspect I will pledge basic level and then add value for the new stuff at Pledge Manager time.
Some of the new units at C$5 are  very cheap - KS Bargain time  :biggriin:
Yes, I might get the war wagon too.

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
« Reply #3338 on: August 08, 2019, 12:16:42 AM »
I got one of the early bird army pledges. Im also waiting for my shipment of undead halflings from ttcombat. Ttcombat is having another kickstarter launch this Friday. Its going to focus on elves and tomb kings, plus more halflings. Depending on what goes on there I may have to up my pledge for westphalia.  Also there are a ton of pictures for the ttcombat halflings on their kickstarter called halflings and friends.  One of the pictures show a scale next to a halfling. The model was 19mm tall. Ttcombat made the halflings that are going to be part of the warlords launch.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #3339 on: August 08, 2019, 05:00:05 AM »
Seems like there are more halflings being released than proper human fantasy miniatures.  :closed-eyes:

Oathmark, Frostgrave, Fireforge... And there's plenty of historical figures that work well too. Warlord's landsknechts, Perry WoTR & HYW for plastics. A few older manufacturers if your're into metal, and a few newer & smaller manufacturers if you don't mind resin.

:icon_lol: :icon_exclaim:

And GW is discontinuing some of their best ones. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

Not sure why the militia set was ever cancelled. Didn't sell as many of those as they sold of he giant chickens or Empire magic-wagons I guess?

:icon_lol:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #3340 on: August 08, 2019, 05:09:41 AM »

GW seems to be phasing themselves out of largescale production and mainstream/generic fantasy and instead positioning themselves as a smaller manufacturer of niche fantasy figures. Like they're shedding their mass market success to downsize & follow in the footsteps of Privateer Press or Wyrd Games. Mantic, Warlord, Northstar (Oathmark & Frostgrave), Fireforge, etc. provide the large scale mainstream fantasy figures now.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3341 on: August 08, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
I'm planning to snap up whatever boxes of the older Empire figures I can find.  Might pick up some of the others too.  Before none of it is being sold.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #3342 on: August 08, 2019, 11:14:37 AM »

Oathmark, Frostgrave, Fireforge... And there's plenty of historical figures that work well too. Warlord's landsknechts, Perry WoTR & HYW for plastics. A few older manufacturers if your're into metal, and a few newer & smaller manufacturers if you don't mind resin.

I'm extremely picky and none of those work, either because of their scale and/or the design. But it's not like I don't own enough miniatures already, which I will probably never get painted up in my life time.  :roll:

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3343 on: August 08, 2019, 11:49:57 AM »
To paraphrase Caesar: Victor, pictor, picky...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3344 on: November 18, 2019, 06:19:27 PM »
New Goblin Wolf Riders for Oathmark - plastic.  due Jan 2020

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:22:35 PM by Midaski »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3345 on: November 18, 2019, 07:12:36 PM »
Not sure if I like the faces or not from those views.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #3346 on: November 19, 2019, 05:36:47 AM »
They're cool looking models for sure! Tempting.

Not sure if I like the faces or not from those views.

I can see what you mean. I might want to sculpt real pointy noses for them. Yet I also like the snouty ones, less the piggy ones. The sprue seems to have more heads I find passable.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #3347 on: December 21, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »
https://fireforge-games.com/northern-kingdom/370-folk-rabble.html

Fireforge folk rabble up for preorder, available Feb 2020. I didn't get in on the Kickstarter, but this was the kit I really wanted.

I think it will fill a big gap in the market. I've got misc. metal civilian figures (and a couple of cheap PVC) from a variety of manufacturers, but a multi-part plastic kit will be a good way to build a mob of civilians/levy with a lot of variety on a tighter budget. I assume this wil be great for conversion opportunities.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3348 on: April 02, 2020, 04:30:24 PM »
No fitting models for the Empire, but most other races:  https://lubart-miniatures.com/

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3349 on: April 17, 2020, 09:50:21 AM »
New Oathmark plastic Elves Light Infantry sprues.