home

Author Topic: Right, everyone stop playing....  (Read 7112 times)

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
Right, everyone stop playing....
« on: August 19, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »

Right, stop playing Age of Sigmar, it's too silly.

This started off as a perfectly good apocalyptic battle between the forces of Order and Chaos, but now it's just gotten silly.  Nobody loves a good lore piece more than I do, except Fog of Waagh and some of his friends.  Oh yes, and GamesPoet.

Anyway, this game is entirely too silly.  Between the absurd character breaks, the retcons, and the beard measuring this game has become a silly affair instead of the stiff-lipped strategy game it should be.  Look at this "Malerion", that's not even a proper elf king.  Go on, clear off!

Now, when I say "cut", I want us to go back to a good, clean game.  One with proper armies and lore that doesn't read as though it was written by a sexual deviant in the midst of a 13 hour binge consisting of huffing spray paint and fondling 40K figurines.  Now...

wait for it....

cut!
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
  • Be better then a man, join the waagh effort!
Re: Right, everyone stop playing....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 02:41:18 PM »
Scream WAAAGH and let slip the Boars of war!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »
obvious troll is obvious
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 06:14:01 PM »
Don't feed the Toro-ll.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:15:21 PM »
Nailed it.
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 11:27:39 PM »
Did you really have to start a new thread for this, considering your previous 'critique' thread (http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,50953.0.html) is still pretty fresh?

I am sure everyone who regularly comments on this forum will agree that it's been pretty civil in the last week or two, regarding people who want to play AoS and those who don't, so can I just ask what the point of this is? Given the entire lack of a constructive basis to this, beyond random trolling, you do know it will only end badly, right?  :eusa_wall:
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 11:33:30 PM »
Have to agree there, Toro...

...though I can't pass up the opportunity to say:

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 11:49:48 PM »
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2015, 12:12:35 AM »
Did you really have to start a new thread for this, considering your previous 'critique' thread (http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,50953.0.html) is still pretty fresh?

I am sure everyone who regularly comments on this forum will agree that it's been pretty civil in the last week or two, regarding people who want to play AoS and those who don't, so can I just ask what the point of this is? Given the entire lack of a constructive basis to this, beyond random trolling, you do know it will only end badly, right?  :eusa_wall:

My last thread wasn't a critique, however it might have come across; I was genuinely and completely baffled by what was going on with my beloved fantasy and the rumors and news about the new game.  It was utterly confusing and I was lost as to what, exactly WAS going.

This thread was an attempt to express my feelings on it in a humorous and good-natured manner instead of being the whiny type that just runs in and screams "Everyone, stop having fun immediately!  If you're not having fun the same way I do you're WRONG!!!!!!"  Of course, the best place to discuss AoS is in the AoS subforum, no?

The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 12:40:47 AM »

My last thread wasn't a critique, however it might have come across; I was genuinely and completely baffled by what was going on with my beloved fantasy and the rumors and news about the new game.  It was utterly confusing and I was lost as to what, exactly WAS going.

This thread was an attempt to express my feelings on it in a humorous and good-natured manner instead of being the whiny type that just runs in and screams "Everyone, stop having fun immediately!  If you're not having fun the same way I do you're WRONG!!!!!!"  Of course, the best place to discuss AoS is in the AoS subforum, no?

Of course it is the place to discuss Age of Sigmar, as you know, given the fact you already very recently made a thread about your views on it. (http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,50953.0.html) At no point did I suggest your view isn't valid. I did, however, say that creating multiple threads for more or less the same result (AoS: Booo!) ends up coming across as pretty redundant (as can be seen by the general reaction of many others here tbh). I also believe you are quite aware it will create a drama, which the forum has frankly, had way too much of recently. So again I ask - was there really any point in an extra thread?
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 04:16:10 AM »
I don't get it. Where is the drama. So he doesn't like AoS. I don't see why that has to personally offend you. He said nothing negative about you, simply about AoS, and did so in a rather silly way.

I suppose there might be drama here, but only if people want to look for it.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 08:49:40 AM »
I don't get it. Where is the drama. So he doesn't like AoS. I don't see why that has to personally offend you. He said nothing negative about you, simply about AoS, and did so in a rather silly way.

Can you let me know where I mentioned personal offence please? Was it when I said you are perfectly entitled to your view, but simply asked why there was need to remake the same post that, more or less, already existed?

And as far as your hint that I am seeking drama...that's worthy of Fox News. As far as I am concerned, I am one of the people who seem to actually want to peacefully post about the Empire on this forum, hence why I posed the question: 'why the need for these redundant posts that inevitably cause this sort of conversation?'

And also, I wonder why you picked out my reply alone? (considering about 7 people before me referred to this entire thread as one big troll.) It's pretty obvious I am not in the minority here.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 09:15:47 AM »
It's late where I'm at so I'll have to sketch a picture of me getting bit in half by a troll later.

I agree with Alexis here, this thread is not a discussion but a post to rile people up(that seems the very definition of a troll to me) and he certainly wasn't showing any drama about it only questioning why he bothered.

There, I fed this absurd thread to aid a friend. I'll have no more part in this. Just remember:

You can swear off playing a game.
You can tell people you hate their game.
But you never tell them that they should swear off playing the game because you hate it.

"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 09:32:11 AM »
The only thing this thread now needs is for zerotwentythree to post up his now trademark beating the dead horse clip, then I think we would all happily move on as the best of friends.

:smile2:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2015, 11:44:24 AM »
I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY
I don't know, but I'm beginning to think this post sums it all up.  But then again, I've routinely thought Monty Python is such a hoot.

My sense is that this thread is just in the wrong spot, and had it been posted somewhere else other than the W:AoS area, it could be better.

And as for this post ...
Have to agree there, Toro...

...though I can't pass up the opportunity to say:

... it reminded me of this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 12:33:00 PM »
Even if it is nothing but a troll, all you have to do is let it go.  :eusa_wall:

As to the idea that he was actually telling anyone to stop playing, well that's just silly. All I can figure is that you guys are to young to know that bit.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 12:33:54 PM »
Even if it is nothing but a troll, all you have to do is let it go.

Cold never bothered me anyway.

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 01:19:15 PM »

As to the idea that he was actually telling anyone to stop playing, well that's just silly. All I can figure is that you guys are to young to know that bit.

That response is too ridiculous to bother seriously replying to, all things considered, although I will just quote you earlier:

Well done, you found your drama and managed to be pretty patronising in the process
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 01:23:09 PM by Alexis »

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 01:25:24 PM »
I made an elephant, u guise.

Offline Fog Of Waagh

• Members
  • Be better then a man, join the waagh effort!
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »
I've come for an Argument please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
Scream WAAAGH and let slip the Boars of war!

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 10:58:40 PM »

But I was just getting into it!  We can't go off topic yet!

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 11:18:49 PM »

One of the best Monty Python sketches, for sure! I'm actually watching 'Ripping Yarns, the testing of Eric Olthwaite' right at the moment too, which is also hard to beat.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 01:34:01 AM »

"This isn't an arguement, this is a contradiction."
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2015, 02:25:41 AM »

"This isn't an arguement, this is a contradiction."

This rather sums up the entire pro and anti AoS arguments I've seen, don't you think?

"AoS sucks"

"No it doesn't"

"Yes it does"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2015, 03:59:04 AM »
Your all wrong.

I'm right.