home

Author Topic: Talabec Border (US Regional Organization) Attack Port Maw/Morr's Gate!  (Read 56362 times)

Offline dWhisper

• Members
Re: Talabec Border – United States - Regional Organization
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2007, 12:45:33 PM »
I might be able to get a few things in, since I have an opponent building a small O&G force. Not sure how much he's into fluff though...
I'm a little girl with pigtails!

Fear the STank!

Offline Johan

• Members
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »
Absolutely, we should definitely spar off against the Orcs.  I see a lot of this forum vs forum fluff-fighting popping up for Nemesis Crown.  Who knows?  Maybe it will become a popular trend in the future, and a major part of any summer campaign.  It's definitely a neat way to involve the greater Warhammer community.

Offline rha celt

• Members
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »
Yor Nosredna gathered his commanders and champions around his table " Men of the Empire a large force of Orcs has set forth a challenge. They seem to think we are not ready for the summer campaign season. Sharpen your blades, check your powder, and groom your horses,  in the morning we move on the little greenskins."  This weekend begins our first of several mega battles. !0,000 points a side.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Ansel

• Members
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2007, 01:40:36 PM »
I'm in. I should be able to play a battle this weekend against the Greenskins! What is it we are supposed to do after we battle then?
"The problem in my last battle was that my detachment was too detached!"

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2007, 01:42:00 PM »
Good showing gents.  I'm gathering some info as we speak and I'll let you know what's up.  If anyone in my command staff would like to help out that would be awesome.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2007, 02:36:38 PM »
Right...

Listen Up, lads!  This is from Warboss Goomb...

I was thinking about the following:

1) If you have a couple generals interested, we could have our guys and your guys pair up, talk amongst themselves and come up with a gameplan for individual stories.

2) We could write a small piece, then you all could post up a piece, then we could go again and so on (a la a RPG). This makes the most sense to me (and you obviously). 

3) Other ideas?

The prize for my guys is the same. We will vote on the best story or exchange, and the winner gets to name our initial command center/staging area.

I think the overall rules about not killing off generals are a good idea overall, Wissenlander, unless there is an agreement. It just doesn't make too much sense and gets people riled up.

As far as timeframe, that is the one piece I did not parcel out to the boys.  I know this is a holiday weekend, so a lot of people are doing family things.  I think by June 4 we could have something in place (assuming we get things worked out). 

As far as intersite fluffing pre-campaign activities, we have a NC fluff forum set up on Da Path, we could host it there for the RPG style stories.  Otherwise, my guys could post up on Da Path, and I could pass their materials to you to post here.  You would do the same....  That is a bit messy, but it would work.

As for the naming.  You can win the chance to name the unknown fort gentlemen!

Let me know what you think.

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2007, 03:15:19 PM »
Sounds great!  Who do you want to pair up with the Greenskin authors?
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »
Simplicity sake more than anything.  If we get a good showing out of this, trying to mention every name would be difficult and someone would get left out.  If we pair off it'll be easier to communicate and I think a better story can flow from it.  Thoughts?

not together.

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 03:55:04 PM »
I'm not sure how well my fluff will cooperate with our overall objectives.. Maybe I can tool around with it, I think the whole "burn the forest" thing might work well with extorting funds from small villages. (As long as that's ok with you). I'll try and keep my characterworking towards out objectives, but I can' make any promises.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 03:58:00 PM by Sherminator1 »
Quote from: Dendo Star
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 04:15:40 PM »
As long as you put in the vital components I think you'll be ok, for example:

Herr General Helstrom,

I have no doubt that you have heard the rumors of my exortation of the small hamlet outside of Mattengard.  I assure you these are just accusations and have nothing to do with the truth.

My men encountered a goblin warband as they were requisitioning goods and services from the villagers, and in the struggle part of the woods caught fire and I hate to say that part of the hamlet was destroyed as well.  For defense of their lovely little hovel, the villagers granted myself a reward that I dared not take.  After some insistance on their part I reluctantly accepted.

My men are now camped on the north end of town awaiting further orders.

Signed,
Prince Lector Ferdinand III von Caroburg

I just ask that you plug our campaign objectives as much as you do your own. :wink:

not together.

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »
Splendid little bit there. :happy: I think you've caught my charater perfectly, and I will certainly plug the objectives of the many over my personal objectives. Unfortunately there are just some times when you must choose between good and awesome.
In America, God makes gas prices cheaper because we slaughtered plenty of native savages.

Offline Tanker

• Members
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2007, 12:51:47 AM »
Interested upon hearing the rumors of the halfing prison in the area, Olaf Backfat, the Stegadon Slayer, Tyrant of the Orceater Tribe of Ogres has been retained (and his Tenderiser, too) to help clear the way of nasty little greenskins (the halflings have provided some tasty recipes...)

I have about 3000 pts of Ogres, practically speaking I'll be playing 2250 games. I would suspect a number of the games I play will be against one of the leaders on Da Warpath's site - Demolisher, a Black Orc Warboss. So, we might have some good fluff opportunities there.

My army is rather nasty w/ 3 Butchers (probably the hardest army I run) and likes to mix it up w/ the greenskins - thus the green tint to my Ogres' skin.
"The early bird may get the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese." - unknown

Offline Ansel

• Members
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2007, 02:40:48 PM »
I should also let you guys know that I am playing both Empire and Orcs in the NC campaign. No worries about me spying, I just want to get a ton of gaming in where I get a break from teaching for two months. It shouldn't be a problem to get games in with either army. I wanted to let you guys know; I have already told the folks at Da Warpath.

Offline ChrisLS

• Members
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2007, 05:26:08 PM »
Hey, folks, sorry to get to the party late.

My general is Rheinhardt Knutsson, the Arch Lector of Nordland.  He and his acolyte, Adolf Hessien, have been pushing for a crusade against the Beastmen of the Great Forest for years, but Elector Count Gausser always had another excuse not to support them.  With the Nemesis Crown being found in the forest and KF calling for the Empire to recover it, Knutsson has finally prevailed upon the Elector to give him some modest support.  Unfortunately, one of the conditions for that support was to send a Bright Wizard from the court along with the troops to ensure the Crown, if found, would be handled properly (ie not destroyed out of hand by "Sigmarite fanatics").  The wizard in question is one Werner Knutsson - the disinherited youngest brother of the staunchly Sigmarite Knutsson family.

Arch Lector Knutsson's primary goal is to purge the Chaos mutants from as much of the Talabec Borders as possible.  He is more than willing to share the common command post of the unknown Fort as a secure base of operations, but his focus will be to strike out into the wilds of the Forest and destroy the children of Chaos wherever he finds them!

I'm aiming for about 2250 points, with a couple blocks of State Troops and Flagellants, along with Huntsmen and a brick of Greatswords (I'm using the Teutogen Guard - awesome models!) with pistolier and a little artillery support.  I've also thrown Lumpin Croops' Fighting Cocks into the mix just because I can!
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »
Count Ruprecht von Baermark of Talabecland, reporting for duty.

My family has a long and esteemed history in Talabecland, although so far we have always unfortunately been overlooked for the Electorship. I look forward to proving my esteem in combat against whomever comes looking for the crown.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 08:33:36 PM »
This is from Warboss Goomb:

Good to see you lads lining up for our little Pre-Campaign exercise.  My thought is that it will be a good opportunity for members of both forums to have some fun with fluff.  As Wissenlander was indicating before, this doesn't have to be a novel (unless you make it one).  I envision my guys creating something like this: 

One of the ragged goblin riders crashed through the underbrush, scattering the flock of birds who were feasting on the berries in the thicket.  The birds flew high into the air above the dark, ominus woods, clearly marking the location of the scouting party.

"Zog it, Kboz!  Youz 'ill bring down da whole umie army on us!" cried Boss Snaggaz.  "Dis ere forest es like a jungle: too thick fer uz ta move.  Weez gots ta move toward dat road ova dere."

Kboz, Snaggaz and the other goblin riders spurred their mounts forward toward the road and halted as the reached the bottom of the ditch where the water from the rainstorm the night before pooled.  Dismounting for a minute, the goblins allowed the panting wolves a brief rest and drink.

"Oi, dere ain't no land ova ere fer a base.  I don know wat da big boss iz tinkin," mumbled Kboz.

"Weez ain't been goin long enuff yet, ya maggots!  Wan da new Big Boss ta krump yaz good?" roared Snaggaz.  "Weez ill keep goin til I sayz..."

The relative silence of the wood was shattered by a lone horn from somewhere up the road.

"Shiz!" cried Snaggaz.  "Mount up!  Iz dem umies!"

The goblins did not wait for a second command as they jumped onto their wolves and moved quickly across the road and into the pine trees on the opposite side....

At this point, perhaps one of your Empire scouts (pistoleers or outriders) would jump into the story and provide the Empire perspective....and this could go back and forth for a while.

Over at the Path, the lads are looking for a suitable location for our command center and supply dump (and I do mean dump in a fine greenskin fashion).    On Da Path, the best fluff gets to name and pick the spot.  I am not sure what Wissenlander is planning for you all, but good luck.

As far as the logistics, Wissenlander, do you want my guys to post first and I can PM you their parts?  Do you all want to team up right away?  I was thinking we could conclude this by June 8th or so.

Goomb

So far I've got:
dWhisper
Johan
Rha Celt
Dendo?
Ansel?

Ansel, I'm not sure which side you want to write for, so that's your call.  Dendo, I'm not sure if you wanted to write any fluff or not.

The greenies have:
Dragoneye
Ansel?
Angelos
Snagafang
Klinktastic?

Klinktastic will be out of country for a while and will do what he can, but no promises.

Pairing off would probably be the best thing to do, it will be easier I think.  Let me know what you guys think though.  And if anyone else wants in let me know.  We can work something out, so don't worry about that.

I would encourage anyone who wants to sign up at Da Warpath only because it'll be easier on all of us.  We can start a new thread once it starts regailing the stories, but since the orcs are putting it on, it would be easier for it to be in one place.

Oh, and the winner gets to name the unnamed fort.  So that's your prize.

And again, let me know of what you guys think!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 08:39:29 PM by wissenlander »

not together.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 08:45:25 PM »
Leave me out for right now.  Maybe another time, heheh.

I absolutely love this idea.

Dem greenskins know how to pen a proper tale!  :happy:  I'm actually really geared both sides get to make some fluff like this.  Keeping everything over at Da Warpath is a really good idea - simple and easy for us and all involved.

Go on over to Da Warpath, boys.  Make Sigmar proud.  :-D  Help pen an Epic with da Greenskins!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 08:47:32 PM by Dendo Star »
I'm in college!

Offline Tritoch42

• Members
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 11:35:16 PM »
Well it looks like I'm a little late showing up to this board, but I just wanted to throw out a quick intro... Aldric von Geldenstein and his Averlander army will be fighting the good fight in the Talabec Borders :) Thought it'd be good to check in and whatnot.

Offline Ansel

• Members
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2007, 09:43:10 PM »
Would it be possible to play each of my armies against separate opponents and report one to each site? If not, I am leaning more towards my Empire Army. They need more fine tuning.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2007, 10:08:02 PM »
Well it looks like I'm a little late showing up to this board, but I just wanted to throw out a quick intro... Aldric von Geldenstein and his Averlander army will be fighting the good fight in the Talabec Borders :) Thought it'd be good to check in and whatnot.
Not sure what exactely I am supposed to do, but my Averlanders are in the fight as well (and there almost entirely painted! Yippie!)
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2007, 11:06:10 PM »
All any of us are required to do are have battles and report them on the official Campaign site.  :happy:  Also, write fluff if you like. 

And Ansel, you are free to do whatever you please!  Heheh. Of course, I am partial to you only reporting Empire wins, heheh.

Don't worry boys, this party is just getting started.

I'm in college!

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2007, 07:05:14 PM »
I am Goomb, Admin of Da Warpath and regional commander for the WAAAGH Green Tide about to sweep through the Talabecland Borders.  Yep, I sometimes lurk in the shadows too.

Just to keep all of you informed (Wissenlander was doing a bang up job, but I figured I would add my 2 cents): I have released the greenskin scouting parties into the Borderlands in hopes of locating a base of the operations and command for the WAAAGH Green Tide.  I have two bosses writing as we speak, and they will be posting their fluff in the Nemesis Crown Fluff Forum over at Da Warpath.  You may add your stories after our bosses finish their installments.  Please, one Empire scouting party per greenskin scouting party.

Come out and play.  Catch us if you can!

Good luck!
Goomb

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2007, 07:08:39 PM »
Those are the worst possible things to hear an Orc say.

"Come out and play".
I'm in college!

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2007, 07:09:16 PM »
Get 'em boys!  Seriously though, if anyone wants to then go ahead.  It'll be first come first serve so act fast!

not together.

Offline Sherminator1

• Members
  • NOT Tim Curry.
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2007, 08:16:02 PM »
I'd like to. What does this entail?