home

Author Topic: Are new skeleton warriors in the works?  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Condottiero Magno

• Members
Are new skeleton warriors in the works?
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:56:15 AM »
Anyone know? Never liked the version that came out in the 90s, preferring the 80s ones, but never purchased more than 10, before these went OOP - really wanted that Skeleton Army box.  :icon_sad:

The now discontinued skeleton warriors in the webstore, were they re-boxed 90s ones, with a new command group or brand new - stopped keeping track after 6th Edition? ATM, I'm using Mantic's skeletons, as they're almost proportionately sized to Empire and Bretonnian humans...

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: Are new skeleton warriors in the works?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 06:17:22 AM »
They're likely being repackaged with a price change and round bases.

I doubt we'll see new undead until much later this year or next year(it's clear Nagash is plotting something). Besides a likely Destruction warband to go with ShadeSpire, AoS rumors are new dark elves and Skaven this year to go along with a new global campaign focusing on Slaanesh's capture.

"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:43:13 PM »
There has been a preview of some new Sepuchural Guard, but for Shadespyre which is dues late this year.

It could be a mistake on the website.  While "Sold Out" usually means something has gone for good, it could be an admin error, and that it should be marked as "Temporarily Out of Stock".   If it's still the same way after a week or two, then it could well be sold out.

Even then it could just be sold out in it's current form, as Baron suggested, quite a few of these have been shortly before re-packaging for Age of Sigmar on round bases.  I would possibly expect that to go along with a Battletome though, and there hasn't been much of a hint that anything has been coming for Deathrattle, though I wouldn't rule it out entirely.   

Over the next week, we'll start to see some new leaks for the next month, as we get closer to the preorder date for the new White Dwarf for May

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 12:14:29 AM »
Repackaged but sadly no better deal.

Quote from: Cataphract 709691 9317521 null
Does it have anything to do with this?

The new title is interesting,  though. That could mean a new Death battletome is close at hand.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 12:49:27 AM »
Definitely like the name. Always liked the word revanant.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:03:51 AM »
I've never been a fan of the skeleton hornblower, although I like the other skellies. That said we could certainly use some new ones, and the other ones above look awesome.

Offline Condottiero Magno

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 05:48:55 AM »
There has been a preview of some new Sepuchural Guard, but for Shadespyre which is dues late this year.

It could be a mistake on the website.  While "Sold Out" usually means something has gone for good, it could be an admin error, and that it should be marked as "Temporarily Out of Stock".   If it's still the same way after a week or two, then it could well be sold out.

Even then it could just be sold out in it's current form, as Baron suggested, quite a few of these have been shortly before re-packaging for Age of Sigmar on round bases.  I would possibly expect that to go along with a Battletome though, and there hasn't been much of a hint that anything has been coming for Deathrattle, though I wouldn't rule it out entirely.   

Over the next week, we'll start to see some new leaks for the next month, as we get closer to the preorder date for the new White Dwarf for May

Had assumed, based on prior "Sold Out" notices, such as with Empire Knights, that the figures were discontinued...

Still not available on the US webstore...

Had assumed it was the repackaged thick skeletons of the late 90s, but based on the below pic, it's about the same size as the Mantic ones and so could mix and match parts for greater variety...

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 06:01:42 AM »
I've seen pics going round showing the new box

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk