home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 111620 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2018, 02:52:17 AM »
Ok, here are another 20 clanrats. That makes 40 of them, 20 plague monks. I broke up the giant rat ‘command squad ‘ and the wee sword rats into their own bases to make 20 for the extra hit and attack. , 2 rat ogres, 3 packmasters and 2 units of 10 gutter runners. That’s my entire skaven/ beastmen Army now assembled. I threw in some tzeentch for some hitting power although I think they should be able to swarm the farmstead defenders. Pretty hopeless - like the budget and monthly bills. You know who’s going to win. I think I started buying the beastmasters  and the beastmen last  September so it’s been awhile but I made it. I will probably set up my order army of elves and empire defenders and see if I bought the farm. The only unpainted and unbuilt order units I have now is another steam tank (metal), hell blaster volley gun, 20 plastic flagellants, 19 more sisters of Sigmar, and 10 shadow warriors.

The rats join the front lines

A little change of venue for a bit. Valhallan mortar units . Hopefully they will hit better if they are painted. Some snipers and the old school sentinel will be in praetorian colours.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2018, 03:48:28 AM »
Keep finding stuff. Looking for an inquisitor, these were all tucked into a drawer. Looks like I have some more empire stuff do do. Also found though not pic’d was a game day deamon slayer and the 2007 white dwarf.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2018, 05:53:52 AM »
Lucky you!

If you aren’t interested in those witch hunters, i can help by taking them off your hands... :happy:
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2018, 12:16:29 PM »
Lucky you!

If you aren’t interested in those witch hunters, i can help by taking them off your hands... :happy:

To be honest, I’m not sure which ones are the witchhunters. If you like, I’ll keep one for the team and you can have the rest for postage. I’m sure they will go to a good home.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2018, 05:45:32 PM »
@warlord - I followed a strange procedure and read the labels. Found the hunters. Make your pick and I’ll keep the other.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2018, 12:23:36 AM »
What a great little find. Some nice metal in there. I can't wait to see how you have the wizards painted up, I always liked those sculpts.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #181 on: February 19, 2018, 05:28:37 AM »
Thanks Gankom. It was litterly like finding a lost treasure. The elector count on griphon is underway now. His warscrolll is now a general on a gryphon which I think is pretty cool. That bird will be a challenge though but I think it will make a nice centrepiece. I also dig out the sisters of sigmar. I thought I had 20 but actually 21 have appeared. I made one into a warrior priestess somewhere back up the thread but now the rest of them have just as good a sculpt. Was originally going to run them as greatswords in a sigmarite army but that never got off the ground so maybe just greatswords again? Any suggestions?  I was maybe thinking of the hammerhall blue & White colours. Not sure.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #182 on: February 19, 2018, 01:52:10 PM »
Thats very generous Artoban! Are you sure? I quite like the sword one, if you are willing to part with it. What can I give you in return? I have 10 crossbowmen or maybe 5 plastic knights panther? I have heaps of other stuff too, but just on the weekend I pulled those out and realised I don’t need them anymore... let me know. I have other stuff too, let me know if there is anything you are missing...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2018, 02:12:52 PM »
@warlord - the swordsman witchunter is now yours. It just has to make the treck around the world.  The knights panther sounds awesome. Let me know if the shipping is expensive. I’ll just send this guy out and don’t worry about the bill if you like. Pm your cordinates and I’ll get him travelling 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2018, 02:51:15 PM »
I think this is the last of the loot but you never know. I bought these so long ago I forget what and who they are. Any ideas?  They look like general status.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2018, 03:11:00 PM »
I once found a treasure trove like that as well.  Very fun!

Hold on to one each of those halberdiers on the left, if you're ok with that, and I'll send payment.

As for your question, the figure on the left is a Knight of the White Wolf if I recall, and the one on the right is one of the three Valten figures.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
@GP - those halbediers are yours. I’ll set them aside.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2018, 03:18:51 PM »
Are there two wizards in that mix?  One looks like Gandalf, and maybe the other has a claw.  Warlord got the prize with that one Witch Hunter with the sword, but I might take the one with the torch and axe, and willing to pay as well.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2018, 03:34:20 PM »
Just to confirm. These 5 halbediers are yours. These are the wizards and the other witchhunter. I was going to keep the witch hunter as I don’t have one but always wanted one. Didn’t know I had him. I actually like him more than the sword guy. 😸 The wizards are up for grabs if you like.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »
I think this is the last of the loot but you never know. I bought these so long ago I forget what and who they are. Any ideas?  They look like general status.

The figure is the mounted warrior priest of Ulric
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:50:25 PM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2018, 04:55:17 PM »
Wow👆Nice find. Hope to do him justice. I had an opportunity to buy 20 tuetogen Guard and I turned it down. In a bag, in front of me, very good price. What an idiot. This priest would have been a good leader.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
The Ulrican priest is a great one, I have him as well and he looks great leading some white wolves into battle. The other horseman is the middle iteration of Vulten I believe. I used him as an archlector for a long time, or even just as a priest on warhorse.

The wizards are both pretty old. The gandulf looking one is a lore of shadow wizard and the other one a lore of amber/beast I believe, although I usually saw them used as lore of life more often. Their fantastic sculpts.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2018, 06:27:37 PM »
Ah!  I hadn't contemplated all of the halberdiers, yet that might be a good idea for gifts to my nephews.  And the two wizards would be great!  Enjoy the witch hunter, that figure has started to grow on me, and if I end up with one some day, he might become a mercenary leader or perhaps an Estalian from Bibaldi.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2018, 06:37:39 PM »
I know what you mean. He also carries a pistol and on his Warscroll their is an allowance for shooting. So the wizards are yours as well.
As far as payment goes, don’t pay a penny more or even less if you like. The fact they will reside in your care is more important. You can pm anytime with details an no pressure either. They have been sleeping along time - a little longer won’t hurt. 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2018, 02:56:28 PM »
It's the Ar-Ulric himself! Really nice find Artoban, I'd keep most of those minis. Most of them are really rare models. :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:16 PM »
It's the Ar-Ulric himself! Really nice find Artoban, I'd keep most of those minis. Most of them are really rare models. :blush:

I’ll have no choice but to do him justice. I’ll try not to speed thru 😺 it’s a fault of mine. Anything I start, whether it’s a project at work or hobby or damn near anything, all I want to do is finish it and get on with the next.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2018, 03:05:56 PM »

I’ll have no choice but to do him justice. I’ll try not to speed thru 😺 it’s a fault of mine. Anything I start, whether it’s a project at work or hobby or damn near anything, all I want to do is finish it and get on with the next.

I hear you brother, that's why it's so hard for me to get anything done... :unsure:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2018, 08:46:50 PM »

I hear you brother, that's why it's so hard for me to get anything done... :unsure:

Nah it's not the ar-ulric... sorry

This is the ar-ulric (not mine, but got one)

these are the mounted an non-mounted priests of Ulric (earlier pcture is of the mounted one is mine in wrong color scheme)

and mine on foot with proper paint job
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2018, 09:04:39 PM »
Thanks Steg ! I somehow missed your first pic of your mounted priest. Still a cool sculpt. Might fit in with my witch hunter, flagellant group I think I’ll form up for an escellated skirmish or path of glory band. Kinda thinking on the fly here but maybe the sisters of Sigmar will join in. And my old war alter.....getting carried away again. The old sigmarite army resserected. There used to be pictures of an army
like that years ago. Beautiful bit of inspiration. I think it was in the white dwarf
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:37:22 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2018, 12:21:28 AM »
I've been had! Still, this is a great sculpt. Don't part with it fam.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:23:34 PM by Xathrodox86 »

Gneisenau