home

Author Topic: Anything you always wanted to know from the Perry twins?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
Anything you always wanted to know from the Perry twins?
« on: January 07, 2019, 06:26:57 PM »
Looks like the Perry twins are going on podcast. And, you can put in questions.

http://eefl.freeforums.net/thread/1436/new-whfb-podcast?page=2&scrollTo=28685

or if you can't be bothered to sign up on another forum, post here and I will copy-paste over.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
Re: Anything you always wanted to know from the Perry twins?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 10:11:19 AM »
Totally missed this. Your question is a good one. I too would like to know more about the design process and the decisions that made all the Perry sculpted Warhammer human miniatures possible (Bretonnia, Empire, DoW). That other guy asked this already: their take on 3D sculpted miniatures - I'm quite curious about that.

Do you know when the podcast will be online?

PS.: When this forum was much more active, we should have approached the Perrys and should have commissioned a Warhammer-Empire.com collector's miniature (or 2 even - one from each) in celebration of WHFB, the Empire, the Perrys themselves and this community. I'm rather sure they would have been up for it. But I am afraid that we have too few people left here to finance such a thing nowadays.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »
I would have thought mentioning the Perrys would stir up a bit more excitement among the grognards still on here. But, it is what it is. I am not sure there is a deadline for questions. These podcast guys are very much too cool for school so who knows.

A special warhammer-empire miniature sculpted by THE best warhammer Empire sculptors would have been quite something indeed. A missed opportunity to discuss as we sit in our rocking chairs and remember the good old days.

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 01:43:04 PM »
That's great to hear. I have great admiration for the Perry's, both for their GW-related efforts and their historical stuff. I have to give the podcast a listen.
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 04:03:33 AM »
I wouldn’t know what to ask.
I imagine getting asked about how
Long it took to sculpt proficiently with his left hand has been asked many times before, and other than that I imagine they are a fairly open book?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 11:12:17 AM »
I've read more about the Perry brothers than about any other sculptors. So many questions answered. And they have their own company and Facebook group and stuff. They have made themselves very accessible. I couldn't come up with a question they wouldn't have already answered.  :-)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 02:03:44 AM »
I guess at some point everything is said and done and known about the good old Empire.  :icon_cry:

Here is a link to the podcast:
https://soundcloud.com/eye-of-horus-podcast/elector-counts-episode-2-the-perry-brothers?fbclid=IwAR0Pgck-tyV-IWSh9BCGAcZplY3qNbeo1cerjMwdgaAzHK65xIrvFMh7gMI

Note: haven't checked it out, judging from their episode-1 it will include foul language. lots of it.