home

Author Topic: funniest thing you've seen in warhammer  (Read 8324 times)

Offline Rightnow

• View Profile
Re: funniest thing you've seen in warhammer
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »
Back when I played TK my prince in a chariot charged a unit and broke it. Then the chariot got shot out from under him by a bolt thrower. He didn't get hurt, got up and charged the warmachine crew. He whipped them and held. A giant moved in his direction and he charged the giant and whipped the crap out of the giant.

I used to run a TK chariot horde and my king lost his chariot as well. He charged the front of a unit of Saurus warriors and fraught them for three turns by himself! The game ended and he was still alive with one wound.

Way back when I played High Elves a hero in a chariot was causing nothing but problems for the wood elf payer I was up against. He had the reaver bow and was gunning down two to three elves a turn with it. Finally the WE player shot the chariot out from under the hero. He took a hit, made his armor save and got up to shoot more elves. He lasted for two more turns as he gunned down more and more WE and was hit by arrow after arrow but kept living. He helped brake a unit and single handedly caused three units of WE archers (back in the day of units of five) to panic off the board.

Offline Captain Tineal

• You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2007, 09:07:03 PM »
Back when I played TK my prince in a chariot charged a unit and broke it. Then the chariot got shot out from under him by a bolt thrower. He didn't get hurt, got up and charged the warmachine crew. He whipped them and held. A giant moved in his direction and he charged the giant and whipped the crap out of the giant.

I just picture this scene of this skeletal warrior rumbling along in a chariot, smashing through a unit of enemies, only to have his chariot blown to pieces as he breaks through the other end, tumbling to the ground, soemersaulting to his feet, and then pausing to give the crew of the BT an evil glare before he breaks into a sprint in their direction, slaughtering them mercylessly, then, as he's finishing off the last crewman, he looks over his shoulder, sees a giant rumbling towards him, then breaks into a mad run straight at the giant (much to the big brute's surprise) and then killing the giant in a scene much like in LoTR where Legolas kills the Troll in the mountain.

Damn... thats F'ing epic right there.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline Wyzer1

• ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »
I was thinking the same thing... nice story!

Too bad it wasn't an arch lector though  :biggriin:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Patch

• What would Chuck Norris do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2007, 09:55:31 PM »
Here's a one from a couple of weeks ago. I was up against a Night Goblin army - he had 5 blocks of infantry, three units of wolf riders, two doom divers, two rock lobbers and a bolt thrower, all lead by Skarsnik. Each of the night goblin units had three fanatics each....

I took swords, spears, crossbows, handgunners, unit of outriders and two units of pistoliers, plus two mortars, a helstorm and a Steam Tank.
My wizards pretty much shut down any spells he cast, but I was really keen on keeping him at arms length (I suspected what his units held). I charged the Steam Tank into one of the units, which decided not to flee, and the STank duly managed to get hit by 9 fanatics...
It lost three wounds, and won the combat.
In the same turn, the three artillery pieces managed to get a bullseye on two of his other units.
Nice game.
The (less than) triumphant return...

Offline Rightnow

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2007, 06:49:58 PM »

I just picture this scene of this skeletal warrior rumbling along in a chariot, smashing through a unit of enemies, only to have his chariot blown to pieces as he breaks through the other end, tumbling to the ground, soemersaulting to his feet, and then pausing to give the crew of the BT an evil glare before he breaks into a sprint in their direction, slaughtering them mercylessly, then, as he's finishing off the last crewman, he looks over his shoulder, sees a giant rumbling towards him, then breaks into a mad run straight at the giant (much to the big brute's surprise) and then killing the giant in a scene much like in LoTR where Legolas kills the Troll in the mountain.

It wouldn't have worked without the supporting cast though. I had one or two liche priests near him at the end and the king at the beginning. Thanks to heals, movement and smiting the prince kept going and doing damage. The giant probably would have gotten the prince, but I used the movement spell to charge him, the prince had a GW, and did three wounds in combat. The giant did two back, but thanks to the heals and smiting he cut the sucker down. It'd be pretty scary seeing an undead prince moving too fast to be natural carving his way through everything and seeing his wounds heal instantly.  :icon_twisted:

Offline brother ducat

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2007, 10:59:54 PM »
A few things -

20 Gnoblars , taking out 5 choas knights who charged them. 1 from a stand and shoot, 1 in hth, and other three from pursuit , capturing their banner, and a table quarter in the process.

The dwarf shooty army playing wood elves. For every forest the wood elf player placed, the dwarf player placed another hill. He ended up with a total of eight woods and 7 hills on the board.

A game I had against the same dwarf player. I took a Giant, he killed it with a stone thrower on first shot of the game. It was on the left flank of my force. Every unit I had on the table failed its panic checks except for my flagellents(imune) and one unit of 9 spearmen detachment. from being deployed mostly to the left of the table, all my models were now on the right side, with his dwarfs camped on the top left, and out of LOS. All my units rallied, except for one, and I managed to come back for a drawn game.

This same game leads to my cannon crew, who managed to make it back to their cannon for shooting on the sixth turn, where it promptly misfired and blew up.

Offline Von Breden

• Remembering the Eccentric
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2007, 11:38:31 PM »
First shot ever with a cannon... Misfire, may not fire for two turns :icon_rolleyes:. In the third turn, they were engaged in hand-to hand, and then, the army was already in combat, so no shots for my cannon anymore...
Quote from: Siberius
I never noticed your height on account of your fabulous manly imperial beard.

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline Merrick

• I say!
    • http://www.facebook.com/WinHereWinThereWinWinEverywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2007, 10:19:01 AM »
Ooooh, where do I start?

Last funny thing that happened I was playing the new High Elves, my Helstorm Rocket Battery fired at a chariot (I had no other real targets, before you think it was a bad choice  :icon_neutral:), missed completley, but scattered onto an already wounded High Elf mage...blasting him to oblivion  :happy:

And there was my first ever cannon shots. In a large Skull Pass game, I fired at a line of 5 Gobbo Spider Riders that was threatening a large dwarf artillery line 2 tables away. I promptly killed them all.  :lol:
Next turn, it killed a unit of 5 Chosen Knights and Exalted Champion which had taken out a unit of 10 'nilla Knights, and overran so far down the flank that my cannon had a perfect shot.  :::cheers:::

Offline redflag

• An Orc Elector Count!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2007, 02:05:09 AM »
    I just played a game with my Orc and Goblin army.  On my first game today against another Greenskin army my Shaman on a Chariot (level 1 with 2 dispel scrolls) killed an wolf chariot on a charge then overran into the flanks of my Orcs which were engage in close combat with another group of orcs.  My shamen killed 6 of my orcs from impact hits and five of my opponents orcs from impact hits, the wolfs killed another ork.  Then my shaman on a chariot proceeded to run down my opponent's orcs as he broke from combat.  My shamen then proceeded to charge a bolt thrower and latter rescued my Warboss  and his regiment of orcs who were locked in combat with orcs and an orc chariot by charging into the rear of the combat killing another six orcs and removing rank bonus.  After running down a second regiment of orcs my shamen was finally killed by massive amounts of magic being thrown at him by an Orc Lord shaman and his goblin shaman groupies.
    On my second game against a dwarf army , my opponent fired a cannon at my Shamen on a chariot (level 2 in honor of his 650 points of carnage from the last game) my shaman crawled from the wreckage of his ride and proceeded to cast Mork Wants Ya on a tooled up Dwarf Lord killing him.  The game ended for a lack of time however my shaman in two games killed close to a thousand points of models in two games.  Who ever said goblins are not to be feared never meet my goblin hero.  His motto is "Is there no one else?"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 02:21:57 AM by redflag »

Offline Siberius

• The Minotaur Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2007, 12:24:21 PM »
My all time crowning Warhammer moment was a few years back when I managed to kill Tyrion with one shot of a hobgoblin bolthrower. In fairness, the guy I was playing was so distraught that he forgot to use that thing that can bring him back to life... but for 40 points of pathetic warmachine it was quite the catch....

Made up for all those times he thrashed me with his banks of H.Elf repeaters in one swift moment  :biggriin:
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline 07mad

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »
Last night I was playing a 2v1 battle And I saw a single troll Kill a unit of Glade Riders, A unit of dryads, a unit of waywatchers and a detachment of Swordsmen. Sad thing is the damn creature never lost a single round of combat  :Ohmy:

Offline Barbosa

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2007, 04:47:36 PM »
I recall a Green Knight making about 30 High Elf spearmen run from the table...funny little elf's! :biggriin:
"Black powder weapons are not a crutch...but they can be good reasons for Elves to use crutches!"

Offline Rikard

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »
After a long and drawn out 3 way game (1000 points per side) i decide on a final attack on my friends Blood Dragon thrall with my last remaining swordsmen. They charge into his unit of zombies and completely massacres the old geezer even though he had an armour save of 1+. :biggriin:
Kung

Offline the blind knight

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2007, 08:39:36 AM »
My funniest has to be against orks.Anyway the Battle was going horrible and it was a masacre.By turn 4 i only had my 3 maneaters and 13 greatswords with BSB.At this point he became arogant and charged with  everything he had left(some 1250)at my greatswords(we barely managed to put them all in base contact with the unit.Knowing all i can do wasdie figting i challenged his general with my bsb.I would like to say at this point that the maneaters were 10(in charging distance) inches from the battle.Anyway after he rolled 60 dices he managed to kill all the greatswords and it was for the challenge.I went first and rolled 4,4,4 so i told him he needed to pass his toughness or he automatically loses A wound.He rolled 6,6,6 :icon_mrgreen:.So we decide i lost the battle by a milion points so i needed insane courage to continue fighting.First i rolled a 6,5 but my second roll was 1,1.The look on his face was unbelievable.Anyway my turn the ogres charge do all the wounds(all 15 of them)and of course my bsb got turn apart in this round.But the ogresbreak two units and until the end managed to turn a masacre in to a small loss
I is Inquisitor.I is can burn you.