home

Author Topic: Week 4 offensive plans  (Read 7907 times)

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Week 4 offensive plans
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »
Ok, so to finalize this plan.  Let's see if I've got this right.

We strike out from our defended positions, leaving these fortified positions lightly guarded (but in good shape) and strike towards the woods in a purging effort.  Take out anything evil or anything that moves suspiciously.  Meanwhile, gunboats move up the rivers for fire support and to complete the strangle hold on transportation in the Great Forest.

Does that sound like a good plan?  Any last minute changes?
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
I know this is a serious campaign discussion - but I have a question.

Can greenskins even swim?  Are they like primates and unable to due to lack of significant body fat?

Ok, so to finalize this plan.  Let's see if I've got this right.

We strike out from our defended positions, leaving these fortified positions lightly guarded (but in good shape) and strike towards the woods in a purging effort.  Take out anything evil or anything that moves suspiciously.  Meanwhile, gunboats move up the rivers for fire support and to complete the strangle hold on transportation in the Great Forest.

Does that sound like a good plan?  Any last minute changes?

I'd buy that for a dollar.
I'm in college!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »
That sounds good to me, is it too much to mention the shipping of materials and labour for the roads in this as well?
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 01:46:53 PM »
I didn't think they could swim.  But with the right amount of floaties and noodles anything can float. :wink:

I don't think it's much to ask for Veldemere.  It would show that this isn't happening in a vacuum even though these campaigns often do, ie.  everyone arriving in the Great Forest unchecked and unhampered. :roll:

not together.

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 04:47:05 PM »
It should be more than gunships on the river - transports, too, lots of them, laden with reinforcements and with reassigned armies.  These ships take troops into the fighting and evacuate civilians when necessary.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
I like. :-)  Here's the updated version:

We strike out from our defended positions, leaving these fortified positions lightly guarded (but in good shape) and strike towards the woods in a purging effort.  Take out anything evil or anything that moves suspiciously. 

Meanwhile, gunboats, accompanied by transports, move up the rivers for fire support and to complete the strangle hold on transportation in the Great Forest.  Transport vessels unload fresh reinforcements and to evacuate wounded/civilians where necessary. 

What is it exactly that you want mentioned about commerce Veldemere?  We could put in something about sending logs downstream to be collected at a specific staging area, but that might clog the waterways.

not together.

Offline Michael W

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 07:23:55 PM »
I know this is only the Talabec Borders, but just a conceptual layout...

Red represents Imperial forces, green the orcs. 

Like it, not like it?  Yes, no? 

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 07:27:16 PM »
I like it.  I think we can strike in any direction really and have the desired effect.  If we post in every report that we're on the offensive trying to kill anything that moves (well almost) and looking for the crown it shouldn't matter much where we report at.  I think this strategy works well in the US, what about the other regions?

not together.

Offline Michael W

• Members
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007, 07:44:39 PM »
Nearly every region has borders defined by waterways, and the Talabheim Road runs through the heart of the entire Forest.  Our maneuverability is assured.

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007, 05:17:26 AM »
Don't forget, we have a dodgy little "port" east of Morr's Gate where dem piratez have been based.  As far as greenskins swimming, you can't see if they can if you are laying at the bottom of the river in your shiney tinny armor.

Come on up river, you gits.  We will leave a zogging rocket battery lit for ya!  The rankings do not dampen our lust for spillin yer blood and burnin you out.

WAAAGH!

Overlord Goomb
Talabec Border Cruzaders

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007, 09:24:18 AM »
I like. :-)  Here's the updated version:

We strike out from our defended positions, leaving these fortified positions lightly guarded (but in good shape) and strike towards the woods in a purging effort.  Take out anything evil or anything that moves suspiciously. 

Meanwhile, gunboats, accompanied by transports, move up the rivers for fire support and to complete the strangle hold on transportation in the Great Forest.  Transport vessels unload fresh reinforcements and to evacuate wounded/civilians where necessary. 

What is it exactly that you want mentioned about commerce Veldemere?  We could put in something about sending logs downstream to be collected at a specific staging area, but that might clog the waterways.

I was meaning more that roads require shingle, fortifying buildings takes rocks, troops need food. Not so much commerce as support arriving by water, meaning the rivers are almost constantly in use, also lending more support to our road building and fortification fluff.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 04:29:19 PM »
The orcs know about this plan and I just informed the Brets about it as well.  They may even join in, but it's way too early to tell as of yet.

The question came up regarding locations to attack.  My response was that wherever you are currently 'stationed' would be a good place to strike from, around.  I don't necessarily think we need specific locations to attack at this point since it's a broad idea.

Maybe somewhere down the line we could mount an offensive against certain enemy strongholds such as Morr's Gate/Gork's Maw in the Talabec region?

not together.

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »
Could be quite fluffy, Wissenlander. :icon_biggrin:  Imagine, an Empire force laying siege to a greenskin force.  What a world, what a world!  I will reserve the rest of my comments for a conversation on MSN.

Our orders will be posted today.  Barring any changes, we will be focused on bottling up transportation around Morr's Gate/Gork's Maw and on the roads and rivers, taking slaves and trying to right our sinking ship in the region.   

Good luck!

Goomb

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »
Well i will try to hold an enflamig speech in the Leopoldscloister to rally the citizens and strike against the Dark Elves scum who tried to take away imperial families.

Offline General Lee Stupid

• Members
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 09:15:52 PM »
Patch, would you and those familiar with this awesome Ironclad please write up some fluff and/or mention it in your reports?
I could help with that if you'd like. 
Faster than a Cheetah on cocaine

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »
Please do!  Include it in you reports or submit the fluff here or to you regional Commander even.
I'm in college!

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2007, 11:06:50 AM »
We could include reports of the Imperial Ironclad paddlesteamer that was used during the Storm of Chaos. One of the best bits in the campaign
Yaaaarrr! Them was happy days!

My scurvy crew had a few goes at the Engineers Guild steamboats during SoC. Here's a little taster, mate:

The first volley sent Orcs diving for cover behind the gunwales.  Splinters of wood exploded around them as bullets buzzed passed their ears.  Kap'n Rukbadruk looked out through a new hole in his boat and scowled.  How were they supposed to fight that thing?  The Orc pirate hulk, Hogwasha, had a single captured cannon and the goblins working it only managed about one shot every three attempts.  The Empire Engineer Corp Gunboat had several cannon on each broadside plus fore and aft rotating metal turrets armed with Hellblaster Volley Guns.  The fore-turret had just fired and created holes through the crude wooden prow, the sails and a few of the Boyz.  Suddenly the Engineer's paddle-wheels started working in opposite directions, churning the brown river-water: they were bringing the port broadside to bear!  Four great cannon and the aft-turret volley gun would soon be blasting the Hogwasha at close range.

For what felt like the hundredth time he growled "Is it ready yet?" at the Orc Bully in charge of the goblin gun-crew.  "Erm… maybe?" shrugged the Bully, he didn't like saying no to the Boss.  "Well, try it then!"  Rukbadruk roared.  The goblins flinched but put a lighted taper to the touch-hole.  Nothing happened.  They looked at each other nervously, then at the Bully.  The Bully looked at Rukbadruk, who opened his mouth to curse the poor Orc.  Before he could say anything a huge explosion sent them all sprawling to the deck.  At first Rukbadruk thought it was the cannon, but it hadn't moved.  As he picked himself up he looked round his crew, a dozen or more of them were pointing at the Gunboat.  He turned and saw smoke and flame billowing from the rear turret: the volley gun had misfired!  It looked as though it had taken out a whole section of the boat's rear as well, men were shouting and crying out and trying to help their injured ship-mates.

Rukbadruk looked back at his excited crew with a huge grin on his face.  "Right Ladz, lets give 'em a taste of Orcish steel.  Follow me!"  with that he jumped the rapidly shortening distance between the two vessels and about forty Orcs did as they were told.
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

Offline General Lee Stupid

• Members
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2007, 05:31:58 PM »
I am just a bit curiouse to how you would like me to write it, maybe how+where it was created, its exploits?  Also is there any fluff to go off already?
Faster than a Cheetah on cocaine

Offline BigDAWGSnaga

• Members
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2007, 03:58:56 PM »
Double post
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:34:35 PM by BigDAWGSnaga »
BigDAWG
"Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski! Condolences! The bums lost!"

Offline BigDAWGSnaga

• Members
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2007, 04:00:13 PM »

Zoggin gitz! Weze Orc Pirates were da furst onez to claim da rivers! And yose umie gitz are supposed to be da smart onez? And when weze gitz Port Maw woikin, den its noffin but troubles fer yose skumgrodz! Kaptain Blacksquig will meetz yose gitz steel and kannon to steel and cannon anytime fer a round of river krumpin! Waaaaaaaagh! :icon_mrgreen:

I apologise, the Orcs had considered it, perhaps a little crudely but we can still rule the waves!

Welcome BigDawg.
[/quote]

Thanks Veldemere! Been a stretch since I was able to post, sorry for the delay! :-D
Thought I could stir the pot a bit and get Wissen ready for our battle in a few weeks with some reports from the Talabec Borders:

The glow of lights from the town illuminated the dark flowing Talabec River. Many of the folk were going about business best left to the dark confines of the night. War was here and the taverns were overflowing with warriors and townsfolk alike. Parched throats were quickly quenched and more beer and ale were consumed to help chase off the cooleness of the night air and the chill of tales from the battlefront.

Kaptain Blacksquig, Orc Pirate and Slaver, watched the activity through his well worn looking glass. The wood on the spyglass was cracked here and there, worn smooth from the old Orc's gnarled hands, but lovingly polished with oils and elbow grease. It was one of the Kaptians most prized possessions, and he kept it close. The lights of the town provided just enough light to see by, the Blacksquig herself had slipped soundlessly into the narrows of the town's jetties. All across the deck, Orc Pirates waited in numbers, crude choppas and boarding hooks wringing in their hands. The ship herself bobbed silently in the water, only the occasional sound of groaning wood belaying her prescence.

Blacksquig surveyed the docks and noted with satisfaction that only a single Ironfist was berthed. Beyond the docks were rows of warehouses holding supplies and powder stores. Smiling to himself, the Kaptain turned to his Orc warriors.

"Ladz! Make ready the Kannons and hoist da kolors!"

The crew scrambled to get to the midships, knocking over one another in their haste to reach the long guns first. Even as the firing ports were flung open, an army of Snotlings were yanking hard on the rusted pulleys, raising the giant, grinning Skullz & Crossbones to the high mast.

On land, the shouts of the Orcs were heard by sentries and sailors alike. Even as they scrambled from the bunks, the men of the Empire saw the black shape of the Orc Hulk in the darkness.

"FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" bellowed Blacksquig. As one the kannons from the Blacksquig spoke their terrible devestation. Fires exploded out of the mouths of worn kannons, streaking through the night sky to impact with the land. Several shots hit the Ironfist, smashing into her below the waterline and causing the doomed craft to lurch to its side. Another lucking shot hit the powder stores, blossoming the night sky with a thunderous explosion. Flaming debris rained down on nearby building, causes more blazes to break out. Soon an entire block was engulfed in a wall of fire, even as the Orcs were reloading their gunz.

"Hit em again ladz! Dont be lettin any of da gitz live to tell da tale!"

A second salvo of heavy shot rained down on the burning docks, shattering wood and sending humans cartwheeling into the air. Soon the wreakage of the Ironfist sank beneath the dark waters, her fires going out in a sizzling hiss of water. All around the burning buildings were catching their neighbors on fire, adding to the growing inferno. Humans ran like ants in a blind panic, some forming bucket brigades, some looting and others running for their lives!

Kaptain Balcksquig smiled again, seeing the destruction wrought by his crew of brigands. Even as the town continued to consume itself in cleansing fire and smoke, the Blacksquig raised anhcor and drifted off into the darkness up river, leaving the town to her fate....
[/quote]
BigDAWG

Offline BigDAWGSnaga

• Members
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
Annuver one! Sorry!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 02:35:06 PM by BigDAWGSnaga »
BigDAWG