home

Author Topic: Great generals in fluff (not in game!)  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Divineshadow

• Members
Re: Great generals in fluff (not in game!)
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 03:46:12 PM »
Kurt Helborg - For having the most impressive 'tache and balancing that insanely massive but cool winged helmet on his head!!!  :biggriin:

Fun aside he did turn things around in the Storm of Chaos and kicked some goblin and ogre butt in Rieksguard.

About to read Swords of the Emperor, so I suppose he manages some incredible feat there too ;)

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 04:54:43 PM »
Or not. Is the extent of Cathay actually defined somewhere?

The Celestial Empire of Cathay is mentioned as being massive in the Nagash trilogy.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
So to my elves.

Malekith the Witch king- The real evil baddie in the WHFB universe. He is also a sharp militry mind and proved this both before and after his fall from grace. Heck, he was even best chum with Grombrindal!

Caledor I - The elven prince who managed to rally a federation and raise an army against Malekiiths disciplined and battle hardened Nagarythians. He ended up kicking Mallie and his buddies away from Ulthuan.

Tethlis the Slayer - Phoenix king who cast out the dark elf after their first return. Even the dark elves gurdgingly give him some creed. A meticilous planner and organizer aswell as charismatic field commander. Planned an invasion of Naggaroth before his untimely and misty demise.
He also laid the foundation for the militia system by ordering all citices to have muster fields for military training.

Prince Mentheus of Caledor - General under Phoenix king Morvael under the second dark elf invasion of Ulthuan. He managed to halt the attackers by the Griffon gate. Mentheus then organized the militia system were all male highh elves serve iin one of the regiments and spend some part of the year under arms. He turned the tide and pressed the Dark elves back, finishing with laying siege and finally storming the dark elves last stronnghold on Ulthuan, Anlec. Sadly, Mentheus perished in the fighting. However, Mentheus also penned a number of books on warfare and tactics that are preserved in the Library of Hoeth as some of the finest books on tactics and warfare.
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!