home

Author Topic: Hear ye, hear ye ! Eurobasheeeeeeeee  (Read 26938 times)

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
Re: Hear ye, hear ye ! Eurobasheeeeeeeee
« Reply #375 on: May 22, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
This sounds like it was fun again... stupid America and me for moving here!
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #376 on: May 22, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
My short report :

HE army : 60 spearman with general, mage (and BSB?), 40 ish Phoenix Guard, 15 Sea guard, two Icebirds and a FireMageDragon.

Mine : Shitload of zombies, skeletons, flavoured with a couple of Vampires and Necromancers, topped off with a Terrorgheist, Vargheists and some war machine hunter dire wolves (useless against his big blocks, but....)

Game started well enough, thanks to my vanguard and his movement, two of my wolf units can front and flank charge an Icebird and CRkill him.
After that, he gets his fliers in my flank, halting my advance and forcing me in protection mode.

I managed to kill the Seaguard eventually, but was unable to get enough spells off to make my army work, let alone damage his.

The Lore attribute for High Magic is however what thwarted me most, his Spearelves having a 5+ and his PG a 3+ Ward save most of the time...

I should mention I was playing an all comers list, and it will be worked on, but still, not easy to get any points from this build (Oh, his fliers were to far away from my Terrorgheist to scream them to death, as I committed him to the wrong flank. After that, it was game over.

Would love a rematch though.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #377 on: May 22, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »
Yes. Dwarfs need a new army book right now!

Though I did OK with my boring gunline list.

not when their unit champions can beat a high elf arch mage on dragon in single combat  :icon_rolleyes:
(true story, ask Novogord)
Indeed, my Longbeard Veteran (Disguised as an Scottish Dwarf) defeated an Dragon Mage on a Sundragon. He charged my unit in the back, but I challenged his mage with my Veteran. No hits, vs one wound. I'm still wondering what that little fellow said to those fancy ears.
They didn't pursue after battle, they just marched on to the elf battle line.
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.