home

Author Topic: New 'Marienburg/Nuln' Themed Army  (Read 1127 times)

Offline adam81

• Members
New 'Marienburg/Nuln' Themed Army
« on: February 16, 2013, 12:15:46 AM »
Hi guys,

I've posted a couple of times asking for advice to do with building an empire army and i've now got hold of a copy of the forge world Tamurkhan - The Throne of Chaos book, firstly I the idea and the different characters in the book and the different fluffy parts so with that in mind i'm looking at building a Marienburg & Nuln Combined Army:

i'm starting at 1500 points (working up to 2500)

So 1500 points:

Lords
Wizard Lord                                   200pts
Arch Lector                                    137pts (barded warhorse/Great weapon/sheild)

Heros
Captain Edvard Van Der Kraal          120 pts

Core
Swordsman x28                              228 (full command) Wizard/Captain here
Handgunners x10                            90   (detachment)
Halberdiers x15                               90   (detachments)

Inner Circle Knights x9                     255 (full command) Arch Lector here

Rare

Volley Gun                                      120
Steam Tank                                     250

TOTAL                                        1490

The character is the main addition at this point he is the leader of a group of mercanary swordsman called Mananns Blades, I like the idea this group of cut throat mercanaries and the modelling idea is to use the forge world models and add in a couple of ogre's and rare models to represent the random hired guns.

Anyway any thoughts? How would this list play?

Cheers for looking

Offline csjarrat

• Members
Re: New 'Marienburg/Nuln' Themed Army
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 11:28:55 AM »
well you're pretty light on troops tbh, you'd need to make sure you pin the big nasties with the stank, but you'll find that you'll need its cannon in the first few turns if against any army with warmachines, monsters or chariots.
you might find you get more mileage out of taking a cannon as an artillery piece and spend the rest of the points on getting more troops, as ytou wont be able to hold many combats with those few.
it might be worth considering dropping the lvl4 to lvl2, most people wont be able to take a lvl4 so a lvl2 should work fine
Compared to the state troops they are a gentle handjob on a friday evening - jaggedjimmyj in ref to knights

Offline adam81

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 11:27:43 PM »
Does anyone know of any workable army lists from: Tamurkhan - The Throne of Chaos book???

If i drop the steam tank (well at this points level and get a cannon that would free up 130 points, so 140 points in total? Am i better upping the swordsman unit and either taking a unit of shooty guys or upping the detachments??

I also like the idea of using a Luminark of Hysh i like the fluffy idea of Marienburg being a rich port and having the most expensive/trained troops. Also has anyone used the land ship from this book i think its 300 points (so 50 more than the steam tank).

Cheers for the advice guys?

Offline csjarrat

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
up the swordies mate, you need more bodies on the field. shooty infantry units arent very good so i'd avoid focusing on them too much. one unit is fine to shoot at chaff units.

luminark is a support unit, you dont need it as your swordies get a 6++ in combat due to parry saves.
Compared to the state troops they are a gentle handjob on a friday evening - jaggedjimmyj in ref to knights