home

Author Topic: The Leesburg Garrison  (Read 60643 times)

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
Re: The Leesburg Garrison
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 08:31:29 PM »
Excess BSBs is a common problem. I've got it with my High Elves. Seek professional help ;)

Meanwhile, I wasn't lying about the progress with the halberdiers, here's the first rank of the horde (the BSB completes it).

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:22:42 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 10:28:27 PM »
looks good ... I always use paper banners for my units and BSB
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 12:03:10 AM »
I like the BSB! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 12:42:15 AM »
The guy with the ax is my favorite.
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 07:41:11 PM »
Yup, the old school dude rocks - thats why he made it into the front rank ;) Thanks for the comments guys! I've been working on the halberdiers some more (goal is to have at least the base colours done by Saturday), but I've also managed to get my Captasus finished:

There's a big battle coming up this weekend, and the Leesburg Garrison intend to be there!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:22:53 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline The Real Rick Salamone

• Members
  • Kelly Clarkson Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 08:27:16 PM »
I love that you are mixing different eras of state troops within the same unit. Looks great.

EEFL!
EEFL.freeforums.net
EEFL!
Eighth Edition for Life!

Join us at:

eefl.freeforums.net

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 08:59:09 AM »
Thanks, there's much more mixing in the back ranks!

The big battle I was mentioning happened, and the men of the Empire played a key part. They forged an unlikely alliance with Tomb Kings against a combined Elf force (4k points per side). In the end the Asur dominated army suffered a minor defeat. They will surely return but for now the balance in the Border Princes remains unchanged.

Here's a shot from the battle:

It was 8th ed BTW, with combined profiles for ridden monsters and chariots (War Altar included).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:23:05 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 12:17:07 AM »
Love the black and white photo! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 06:32:21 PM »
Thanks! The Empire did well and the archer detachments surprisingly didn't lose a man! I recognition of their efforts they got a test model:

In somewhat related news I've run out of Steel Legion Drab and now my painting has to go on hold... ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:23:15 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »
Played (and won!) a battle against the Lizardmen today. Here's Master Engineer Bosch holding the line:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:23:25 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2015, 08:25:04 PM »
 :::cheers::: Nuff said.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 12:47:33 PM »
While the gunline held firm, the Demigryph knights formed the spearhead of the assault:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:23:33 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2015, 11:36:38 AM »
A clash with Dwarfs is coming up this weekend. My friend suggested having a go at 3k points so reinforcements are required - here's a little Swordmaster bunker for my Engineer (his 9 hangunner bodyguards didn't quite cut it):

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:23:42 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline hagen88

• Members
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2015, 11:41:18 AM »
Are you going to paint all these swordsmen before the weekend? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2015, 07:07:21 AM »
Nope  :-P But I did manage to assmble and basecoat them. I also find just putting some base paint on faces and hands makes them look somewhat decent - so thats my goal I guess ;)
cheers,
Lee

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
Battle over and its a solid victory for the Empire! The Dwarfs took a solid gunline with 2 catapults, 2 cannons and an organ gun, but also some hard hitting units (a Longbeard horde and a solid unit of hammerers). There was a solid grind on my left flank and in the end only my BSB and War Altar were left standing (!). The tank also did well. Here's a snap shot:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:23:54 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »
Small battle summary:

I obviously advanced under heavy fire, but was quite lucky with my rolls and most of the army made it to the enemy line.

My halberdiers blundered in the first encounter, failing to support a charge by the War Altar and IC Knights against the Longbeard horde. In the end my units had to retreat, though were not pursued.

On the other flank, the hammerers ruled supreme. They've quickly dealt with my small Knight unit and then sent the Demigryphs running.

Both back lines were under heavy attacks. My Pegasus Riders assaulted the Dwarf War Machines but had a hard time killing them (damn you stubborn T4 crews!). The Miners, meanwhile, entered right next to my artillery and wiped them out, with the Swordsmen babysitters providing but token resistance (they did pass 3/5 parry saves though, infuriating my opponent!)

The halberdiers managed to clash with the Longbeards eventually, precipitating a deadly grind. In the end both units were wiped out - only my BSB, the Dwarf BSB and the War Altar were left standing.

The Hammerers did meet their match in the Steam Tank - the behemoth crashed into the tightly packed Dwarfs and ground them all down as the battle came to an end.

The IC Knights, having rallied twice, went on a rampage through the remaining Dwarfs, killing some Irondrakes among others:

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:24:08 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2015, 07:20:05 PM »
Another battle ahead - High Elves this time. I've done some painting today with that in mind - Herr Bosch got an upgrade on his bodyguards (though he's likely to get a downgrade to unit champion for some time), who now have proper winter bases! I also did a couple of character conversion, not sure if they'll take part in tomorrow's encounter.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:24:18 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline Mightymatt88

• Members
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2015, 09:52:26 AM »
Herr Bosch is the epitome of the Empire in my eyes  :::cheers::: Big puffy sleeves, shiny gaudy plate armour, a feather as long as his legs... and a gun so big and mechanical it'd take three normal men to lift it! His detachment are looking great too. You don't often see the old handgunners these days, and I like the dynamic poses you've got them in. In fact the two guys either side of Herr Bosch look like they're shying away from the sound of his massive repeater handgun!  :-P

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »
Beautifully painted and modeled. A truly inspiring Empire army right there! :eusa_clap:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2015, 08:12:53 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Yesterday's battle turned out to be an uphill struggle from turn 1, when my swordsmen panicked and fled of the board taking my Wizard Lord and Engineer with them. I almost managed to turn things around with some heroic feats from halberdiers, who wiped out a big unit if White Lions and butchered several Dragon Princes. In the end the High Elves conserved enough points to win, but the men of the Leesburg Garrison were well in control of the field!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:24:29 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2015, 05:03:53 AM »
Looks splendid! It's so awesome when both armies (and the battle field) are well painted.

(I do think finishing your bases should be a top priority to make it an even tastier feast for our eyes)
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2015, 10:16:51 AM »
Cheers Naitsabes!

I'm planning on doing a lot of basing this week, now that I've developed a decent and quick technique things should go smoothly. I've also aquired some Pistoliers, so watch out for those...

Meanwhile, more pics!

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:24:38 AM by RE.Lee »
cheers,
Lee

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2015, 01:22:21 PM »
Great job, Lee!  You're army looks great!  A truly inspiring thing to see on the table top! 

I love that you are adding in quick BatReps too!  That makes it all that much more engaging!  I'm really rooting for the Leesburg Garrison!  Keep it up!   :::cheers:::

Offline Booah

• Members
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2015, 11:10:25 PM »
I also really enjoy the mini reports with pictures. Keep them coming. You have a great looking and growing empire army here.