home

Author Topic: Warhammer ( Total War updates) IF you own the game leave a review please!!!!  (Read 75914 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
cooool
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline S.O.F

• Members
Re: Warhammer ( Total War updates) IF you own the game leave a review please!!!!
« Reply #451 on: September 22, 2017, 11:02:30 AM »
So thought I'd look at the map of Warhammer TW 2, wow what a bloody mess. All of Araby is various crusader states for some reason along with even worse map distortion and cramming than normal. Really not seeing much promise in a combined map after either since that would take a great deal of work to make sense and I don't think CA has the time to bother with such, of course they could prove me wrong but I find that outcome as highly unlikely.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
Re: Warhammer ( Total War updates) IF you own the game leave a review please!!!!
« Reply #452 on: September 22, 2017, 11:38:55 AM »
So thought I'd look at the map of Warhammer TW 2, wow what a bloody mess. All of Araby is various crusader states for some reason along with even worse map distortion and cramming than normal. Really not seeing much promise in a combined map after either since that would take a great deal of work to make sense and I don't think CA has the time to bother with such, of course they could prove me wrong but I find that outcome as highly unlikely.

I have faith. They've proved with TW:W that they can make a great game. I'm sure they'll manage in here as well.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #453 on: September 24, 2017, 10:18:14 PM »
I have faith. They've proved with TW:W that they can make a great game. I'm sure they'll manage in here as well.

I mean with the addition of Skaven though the previous map will need a whole reworking to put the very important Skaven holds on the map, Skavenblight, Hellpit, and so forth. Do they intend to do that or is it just going to be combined as is?
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #454 on: September 25, 2017, 02:36:51 AM »
Mods?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #455 on: September 25, 2017, 11:10:23 AM »
Mods?

No that would not solve it either as since Empire Total War the campaign map cannot be modded.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »
Well it wouldn't be Warhammer if the map was consistent with any previously made maps of the Warhammer world

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #457 on: September 26, 2017, 06:42:56 AM »
Mods?

No that would not solve it either as since Empire Total War the campaign map cannot be modded.

Booo!!
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #458 on: September 28, 2017, 01:01:27 PM »

I mean with the addition of Skaven though the previous map will need a whole reworking to put the very important Skaven holds on the map, Skavenblight, Hellpit, and so forth. Do they intend to do that or is it just going to be combined as is?

I think that they're planning on making the rats' settlements on map, looking as hidden/abandoned places. Only when you move your army really close do they reveal themselves.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2017, 05:54:21 PM »
Warhammer II Movie

https://youtu.be/vFyk49ZnmUc
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Bartolo Miachevelia

• Members
« Reply #460 on: September 30, 2017, 08:35:07 PM »
the advertisement on GW site to try to sell few minis using the game that they cancelled is so ridicolous.... :biggriin:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #461 on: September 30, 2017, 09:03:44 PM »
Seems pretty normal to me. Why not try and get more money out of an old IP, especially when you don't even have to put that much work into the video game.

I like the attention the video game brings to the table top game. Anything that gets more people interested in a win in my books.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Has anyone played Warhammer II ?
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Yodhrin

• Members
Seems pretty normal to me. Why not try and get more money out of an old IP, especially when you don't even have to put that much work into the video game.

I like the attention the video game brings to the table top game. Anything that gets more people interested in a win in my books.

Problem is their interest often quickly vanishes when they realise it's OOP and half the factions are either gone or have had their range gutted.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Its terrible timing on their part to be honest. They should have milked Total War, and then a few years later transition to AOS if thats what they were committed to do.
A lot of the concepts with AoS are great, with the alliances and changing fluff. I dont know why they couldn’t do that in the Warhammer world. They could have even had the Sigmarines turn up in the end times to stop the world ending, but the world would look drastically different and need to be rebuilt.

Anyway... :dry:

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
the advertisement on GW site to try to sell few minis using the game that they cancelled is so ridicolous.... :biggriin:

The irony is real and really sad. :-P

Gneisenau

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
Has anyone played Warhammer II ?

milandcookiesTW already made a couple of good gameplay videos on his channel. It seems that it is just as great, if not better, than the original TW:W.

Gneisenau

Offline Yodhrin

• Members
Its terrible timing on their part to be honest. They should have milked Total War, and then a few years later transition to AOS if thats what they were committed to do.
A lot of the concepts with AoS are great, with the alliances and changing fluff. I dont know why they couldn’t do that in the Warhammer world. They could have even had the Sigmarines turn up in the end times to stop the world ending, but the world would look drastically different and need to be rebuilt.

Frankly I'd rather have the End Times than that. The reason I miss WHF being supported is I liked it for what it was, if the price for it continuing to be supported was radically changing it that's not really any different for my money than replacing it with something different.

GW stuff has always been at its best(IMO, obvie) when it was a setting that drew you in and made you care, then got right out of your way and let you tell your own stories. When it was a "toolbox" for us to use. That doesn't mean GW doing "story" content was inherently bad, but look at the difference in how most folk think of Armageddon or the Badab War books compared to Storm of Chaos or Eye of Terror - it's no accident that the former are fairly self-contained "events" that you can choose to involve your own stories with or not and were generally well regarded, while the latter were big, showy, what-we-say-goes-for-everyone catastrofictions designed to alter the status quo for all and were thought of so poorly GW had to retcon them. More than the different tone, more than the Sigmarines, more than the purposefully undefined "worldspace", more than the Nouny-verb Noun-noun nonsense names, it's the "ongoing story" thing that puts me off AoS(and nu40K) - I don't spend hours writing character bios and histories and fictionalised accounts of tabletop battles so that GW can turn around and say "Timeline advancement! 300 years have gone by and any of your guys that aren't Stormcast, Undead, or Daemons are dead and also everything they did is irrelevant because we've wiped out that whole region you set your stuff in. Enjoy!".

Anywho... :icon_razz:

I'm interested - has anyone played the Norsca DLC yet? The inclusion of everyone's second favourite one-eyed monsters makes me interested, but I found the Warriors of Chaos hideously dull to play and I don't want to fork over for it until I know the Norse are a bit more fleshed-out.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters

Frankly I'd rather have the End Times than that. The reason I miss WHF being supported is I liked it for what it was, if the price for it continuing to be supported was radically changing it that's not really any different for my money than replacing it with something different.

GW stuff has always been at its best(IMO, obvie) when it was a setting that drew you in and made you care, then got right out of your way and let you tell your own stories. When it was a "toolbox" for us to use. That doesn't mean GW doing "story" content was inherently bad, but look at the difference in how most folk think of Armageddon or the Badab War books compared to Storm of Chaos or Eye of Terror - it's no accident that the former are fairly self-contained "events" that you can choose to involve your own stories with or not and were generally well regarded, while the latter were big, showy, what-we-say-goes-for-everyone catastrofictions designed to alter the status quo for all and were thought of so poorly GW had to retcon them. More than the different tone, more than the Sigmarines, more than the purposefully undefined "worldspace", more than the Nouny-verb Noun-noun nonsense names, it's the "ongoing story" thing that puts me off AoS(and nu40K) - I don't spend hours writing character bios and histories and fictionalised accounts of tabletop battles so that GW can turn around and say "Timeline advancement! 300 years have gone by and any of your guys that aren't Stormcast, Undead, or Daemons are dead and also everything they did is irrelevant because we've wiped out that whole region you set your stuff in. Enjoy!".

Anywho... :icon_razz:

I'm interested - has anyone played the Norsca DLC yet? The inclusion of everyone's second favourite one-eyed monsters makes me interested, but I found the Warriors of Chaos hideously dull to play and I don't want to fork over for it until I know the Norse are a bit more fleshed-out.

Very well said Yodhrin. I always preffered the "it's a setting, not a story" approach, as it gave us, world and character creators so much more to do. The new 40K has zero potential for me, I don't know what's going on there, neither do I care. AoS has a potential tough, and I'm awaiting the day, when I'll be able to give it another chance. I hope that this day will come eventually.

Gneisenau

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
Well it wouldn't be Warhammer if the map was consistent with any previously made maps of the Warhammer world

....looks at previous edition books and codex's. Hey, your right! lol

Going on 3 years since it blew up? ....it's just sad at this point.

This is what happens when you have incompetence at the corporate level. The people running the business don't really know the lure behind their product and who their customer base is.
-------------------------------------------

I came to this thread to see how people were liking Warhammer 2. I actually got a new PC that can run it now. I was going to buy the first one but its not on sale and its like $72 CDN pluse like $80 for the DLC. .....I'll be waiting for a 50% off sale for that one.
But is warhammer 2 worth it right now? I've been watching reviews but ever since the days of the video game scams I do my research before I buy a game - especially an expensive one.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 08:56:39 PM by The Peacemaker »
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
I've seen mostly good things. The majority of criticism is focused more on the DLC method, and some complains about making a second game so soon after the first. In regards to the actual gameplay I hear its good.

I got the first one from humble bundle for 12 dollars a couple of months ago. Incredibly worth it. I've sunk a lot of hours into it, but I doubt I'd have bought it at full price. DLC wise I only have the warriors of chaos DLC which is okay, but the other factions are better.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
I've seen mostly good things. The majority of criticism is focused more on the DLC method, and some complains about making a second game so soon after the first. In regards to the actual gameplay I hear its good.

I got the first one from humble bundle for 12 dollars a couple of months ago. Incredibly worth it. I've sunk a lot of hours into it, but I doubt I'd have bought it at full price. DLC wise I only have the warriors of chaos DLC which is okay, but the other factions are better.

Releasing a game so soon after its predecessor isn't necessarily a bad thing, especialy if they work together, which the TW:W do. Vermintide 2 will be announced very soon, and already peeps all over the net are complaining that it's "too soon". I, for one, am very happy about it, since the first game was great. Why then not release a sequel sooner than later? We are waiting for a new Call of Duty or Battlefield for at least a year, every year, and often than not, these titles are average at best. Same with movies - I hate the long wait for Infinity Crisis and other blockbuster sequels. If there's someone who's breaking this trend, then I'm more than happy to see that succeed.

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Quote Xath: Battlefield for at least a year, every year, and often than not, these titles are average at best.

Actually won of my favorite all time games was battlefield 2142 and the expansion game. That was absolutely the best they ever did as far as I’m concerned. It had everything I ever wanted or needed in a game. Walkers, helicopters, great maps, titan air battles, drop pods ,tanks and incredible infantry encounters. Some of the multiplayer games were so intense I used to dream about then lol. This game and Red Orchestra were my all time favorites.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
If a game leaves such strong impressions on you, then it means that it's great. I had a similar thing with Deus Ex and VTM: Bloodlines, and with Battlefield 3 for online games. All are exceptional titles. :blush:

Gneisenau

Offline Walt von Ark

• Members
It seems that it is just as great, if not better, than the original TW:W.

it is better, well i tried just  af few games , and this time i can actually tell the different types of units, and which one you sellected, apart.
On the panel at the bottom of your screen but with the banner icon thingies above the units as well.
Mid battle this always became a problem i though