home

Author Topic: Path to Glory Warband roster for Free Peoples  (Read 4596 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Path to Glory Warband roster for Free Peoples
« on: September 27, 2016, 09:52:26 PM »
To join in my local Path to Glory Campaign I was able to make my own table.

Hope you like it and may even have some additions / improvements (for better or worse) (no time atm to improve the layout)

FREE PEOPLES
WARBAND TABLES

Use the following tables to determine the champion that leads your warband, the followers that make up the units which fight at their side, and the rewards they can receive after battle. If your warband uses the Free Peoples allegiance, you can pick retinue followers from the Devoted of Sigmar if there is atleast 1 Devoted of Sigmar hero follower in your warband. And Vice-Versa. Collegiate Arcane Champion can only pick from the Free Peoples retinue table.

CHAMPION TABLE
Free PeoplesDevoted of SigmarCollegiate ArcaneFollowers
Freeguild General on GriffonWar Altar of SigmarCelestial Hurricanum (with Battlemage) or Luminark of Hysh (with Battlemage) or Battlemage on Griffon5 units
Freeguild General on WarhorseExcelsior Warpriest..6 units
Freeguild GeneralWarrior PriestBattlemage7 units

RETINUE FOLLOWERS TABLE
D6Free PeoplesDevoted of Sigmar
1-210 Freeguild Crossbowmen or 10 Freeguild Handgunners10 Flaggellants
3-410 Freeguild Guard10 Flaggellants
510 Freeguild Archers10 Flaggellants
610 Freeguild Greatswords10 Flaggellants

MOUNTED FOLLOWERS TABLE
D6Free Peoples
1-35 Freeguild Pistoliers
4-55 Freeguild Outriders
63 Freeguild Demigryph Knights

HERO FOLLOWER TABLE
D6Free PeoplesDevoted of SigmarCollegiate ArcaneIronweld Arsenal
1-3Freeguild GeneralWarrior PriestBattlemageGunmaster
4-6Freeguild GeneralWitch HunterBattlemageGunmaster

WARMACHINE FOLLOWERS TABLE
A Free Peoples warband cannot have more then one of each type of Warmachine. Roll again if you get a duplicate result. *need a Battlemage champion or hero in your warband **need a Gunmaster hero in your warband.
D6Collegiate Arcane*D6Ironweld Arsenal**
1-3Celestial Hurricanum1-3Helstorm Rocket Battery
4-6Luminark of Hysh4-5Helblaster Volley Gun
....6Steamtank

FOLLOWERS REWARDS TABLE
As your warband progresses along the Path to Glory, it will attract more followers, and especially favoured units will become renowned across the Mortal Realms.
D6Reward
1For Sigmar!: Once per battle, in your hero phase, you can declare that this unit is inspired by Sigmar. The unit can run and charge in that turn.
2Combat Training: Re-roll hit rolls of 1 for this unit in the combat phase.
3Vendetta: At the start of the first battle round, pick an enemy unit. This unit adds 1 to all hit rolls for attacks that they make against the enemy unit that you pick.
4All-out Defence: In your hero phase, you can declare that this unit is adopting a defensive formation. If you do so, the unit cannot run or charge, but re-rolls failed save rolls until your next hero phase.
5Iron Discipline: This unit never has to take battleshock tests.
6Hardened Veterans: You can re-roll one failed hit, wound or save roll for this unit each turn.

CHAMPION REWARDS TABLE
As your champion progresses along the Path to Glory, they may be gifted with great rewards by the gods... if they are deemed worthy.
2D6Reward
2Unnoticed by Sigmar: You loose 1 Glory Point. In addition , your champion cannot gain any further rewards for the rest of the campaign.
3Lead by Example: Add 1 to all wound rolls made for your champion in the same turn that they charge.
4Heroic Battle Cry: Once per battle, in your hero phase, your champion can make a heroic battle cry. If they do so, add 1 to hit rolls for your champion and all units from their warband for the rest of the turn.
5Mighty Blow: You can add 1 to the wounds inflicted by one succesful attack made by your champion in each combat phase. Add D3 to the wounds instead if the target is a follower of CHAOS or a MONSTER.
6Master-crafted Weapon: Pick one weapon used by the champion (it cannot be a weapon used by a mount if they have one). Add 1 to any hit rolls made for attacks with the weapon that you pick.
7Extraordinary Endurance: Add 1 to your champion's Wounds characteristic.
8Stalwart: Add 1 to the Bravery of the Champion. In addition, add 1 to the Bravery of any units from their warband that are within 8” of the champion in the battleshock phase.
9Blessed Sigmarite Armour: You can re-roll failed save rolls for your champion.
10Stubborn Defiance: In your hero phase, pick your champion or a unit from their warband that is within 10” of them. The unit you pick cannot move, charge or pile in, but you add 1 to all of it's save rolls until your next hero phase.
11Noble Blood: Roll a dice before a wound or mortal wound is inflicted upon the champion. On a roll of 6, the wound is negated and is not applied.
12Blessed by Sigmar: Once per battle, in your hero phase, you can heal all of the wounds that have been suffered by your champion. When you do so, you can add 1 to all of the champion's hit rolls, and subtract 1 from the hit rolls for enemy attacks made against the champion, until your next hero phase.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:20:26 PM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Duinila

• Members
Re: Path to Glory Warband roster for Free Peoples
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 10:20:24 PM »
Before I read this, lemme just say OMG YES!!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »
This looks pretty cool. I'm actually going to give it a whirl at some point this weekend for a warbands game. The old path to glory was great, I still remember getting the free booklet thing they put out. None of us played chaos at the time, but we all thought the rules were an awesome idea.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 08:46:17 AM »
Very nice!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Hope you don't mind if I share this with the lads on Dakkadakka? They'll surely appreciate it!
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 07:04:33 PM »
Very nice!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Hope you don't mind if I share this with the lads on Dakkadakka? They'll surely appreciate it!

No problem, would like to get the feedback on it back though so I might improve it here and there

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:04:51 AM »
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 02:57:38 PM »
I'm hoping more Path to Glory stuff will get published, many of the armies are missing.  A few people have been asking on the AoS Facebook page, and the White Dwarf Facebook page.   

I'd possibly argue that having a griffon or wizard wagon would only get you 4 follower rolls rather than 5.   Each of those options is a really strong unit to start with, the Hurricanum especially.

The Free Peoples and Devoted of Sigmar look ok.   I hope perhaps in the future they get a new troop type unit other than flagellants.  But otherwise I wouldn't change anything.

But for a Path to Glory  for Collegiate Arcane and Ironweld Arsenal, those are tricky.   

For me, with Ironweld Arsenal, The Gunmaster or Cogsmith should be an option for the Champion, and both again on the hero follower, possibly then limit
a war machine for each hero the 'warband' has gained.   But they should have all the options for the Ironweld Arsenal, including the Dwarf cannons and organ guns, and the copters.

Collegiate Arcane, can have either griffon mage, wizard wagon or battlemage as champion option,
And can only have up to one each of the griffon mage, Luminark and Hurricanum in the warband, and must have a battlemage follower for each one.   

The Collegiate Arcane and Ironweld Arsenal could very easily gain enough units to meet the Battallion requirements though.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »
I limited the Ironweld options to human only as otherwise it would not fit the free people theme. And it is so limited on other options to validate them for their own list build. Also fluff wise the Ironweld is auxiliary.

I did the Arcane Collegiate in the champions list (I'll try fix the layout later)

Edit: Fixed layout
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 06:21:08 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 03:01:24 PM »
I'd possibly argue that having a griffon or wizard wagon would only get you 4 follower rolls rather than 5.   Each of those options is a really strong unit to start with, the Hurricanum especially.

I was wondering about this.. I do see your poin comparing to Screaming Bell, Spirit of Durthu / Treelord Ancient or Ghoul King on Terrorgheist or Zombie Dagon having 4 follower units.
But on the other end.. Megaboss on Maw-Krusha, Auric Runefather on Magmadroth and Lord Celestant on Stardrake having 5 follower unis.

So looking at what follower units they can take and those are not top notch so then opted for 5 instead of 4

Offline Duinila

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 10:53:45 PM »
I think 5 followers are alright for the big stuff. In my experience a free guild until usually is the underdog, unless they have bigger masses.

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 12:50:43 PM »
Some interesting stuff to form your own list..

I might have to review my Free People list in retrospect of this

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/23/thoughts-on-path-to-glory/