home

Author Topic: Does this steam tank bit exist?  (Read 3380 times)

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
Does this steam tank bit exist?
« on: May 13, 2018, 04:35:25 PM »
Hi,
    Im trying to figure out a bit that came with the old von zeppel steam tank. On the stuff of legends site it shows a piece called sword and buckler, http://www.solegends.com/citcat2004us/c2004usp0622-01.htm. I own a few of these kits and I dont have this piece. So my question is did this kit actually have this bit? And if it did where was the piece intended to go?  Was it supposed to go on one of the crew or was it supposed to hang on the platform? The picture is a little blurry on the site. I think it was made from the buckler from the mordheim sprue and the sword bit from the empire knight kit. If anyone has this piece and can take a few pictures front and back of it  I would be eternally greatful.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:15:59 PM by lt dougheim »

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
Re: Does this steam tank bit exist?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 08:32:37 PM »
I have tried opening an imgur account to post pictures but I cant get anything to show. I can get a link to the album but nothing else.  Can anyone give me a hand about posting images from imgur or any other method
.Thanks

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 09:00:29 PM »
when you click on one of your uploaded images in imgur you get a whole list of links to the right of your image. BBcode works well on this forum it is:
[imgXXX]then the link starting with http and then [/imgXXX] (and remove the XXX)

can't help you with that sword and buckler piece.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »

Thanks for the help
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 09:40:51 PM by lt dougheim »

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 05:58:40 AM »
I never actually owned that part , I used to have a z
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:12:03 AM »
I've got a couple and it was one of those slightly strange extra bits. I cannot remember seeing it on any pictures of the Von Zeppels, and just assumed it was supposed to be a handy weapon on the platform for one of the blackpowder figures to use in melee.

For some reason I always felt it suited the Mordheim Freelance (Don Quixote) Knight and I think I used mine on other models.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 12:04:52 PM »
If the bit can't be found, and you're interested in having that kind of bit, Perry Wars of the Roses Infantry has such a bit.  An maybe even Perry European Mercs. as well.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 12:29:33 PM »
I really appreciate the help. Midaski if its not to much trouble could you take a picture of your freelance knight model so I  could get a size reference?

Gamespoet I  have never really looked into them, ill check them out soon. Thanks

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 02:01:52 PM »
The Wars of the Roses figures are for making longbowmen and billmen.  The Euro Mercs have pikemen, and options for hangunners, and crossbowmen as well.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 02:46:47 PM »
If the steam tank is anything like a Stuart than the bucket should be hanging off the rear tow hitch

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 08:46:11 PM »
I must admit, your post seems to have no relevance to the subject at hand.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 09:40:49 PM »
Considering the crew are the same as the war wagon kit, there is no space for that bit to attach to them, and I agree with Midaski that it would be just a piece to place somewhere on the platform for melee purposes.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline lt dougheim

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2018, 01:26:09 AM »
Thanks warlord, ill model it with the buckler from the mordheim sprue and a knights sword and attach it to the platform.