home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.5: Die Hard  (Read 21749 times)

Offline Bildskoene Bengtsson

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.5: Die Hard
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
Fandirs plan seems good. Movement is pretty straightforward so I say go for the magic phase.

Offline Empire - Ulric

• Members
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2012, 03:07:00 PM »
We are down by 700 to 800 VP's atm. (Dreadlord is also claiming both scenario objectives for +200 VP's atm)

Judging by the chatter I think we would like to control the movement phase in the next turn.

Thoughts:

1. Move the Engineer as suggested to keep the Executioners running and positioned for a charge next turn and to put some distance between him and the 3 many Warrior Unit.

2. Definitely Charge the Executioners with the IC Knights, reform when we win and the Executioners run away. (Between the Original Flee distance, + Fleeing when they hopefully fail to rally + Fleeing when charged by the Engineer on our next turn the Executioners should be either off the board or caught and destroyed by the Engineer)

3. Charge the Shades with the small Unit and make them Flee off the Board or get caught and destroyed.

That stuff is all pretty good. However the question we need to answer is this.......... if we DON'T charge with the Reiksguard into the Spears what do we do with them so they don't get charged by the Hydra, the Spears or both?

If it's in range I'd highly recommend shooting the Hydra with the Volley Gun this turn. It's worth more VP's that the small block of warriors is. If it's not in range then it's either shoot at the three lone Warriors or pour some more lead into what's left of the Spear Horde/Bunker. Then next turn shoot the Spear Horde/Bunker some more and hope that between those shots and the Comet coming down we wipe them out and maybe kill a character or 2 as well.

If we don't charge the Spear Elves this turn the above become pretty much our only option to do any damage to that unit. None of our Combat Units will be able to touch them at that point.

Either way we should clean up the Executioners, the Shades and hopefully the Spears along with moving our Units within 6" of the ruins to claim the 100 VP's and take them away from Dreadlord. That should put us ahead overall by a few hundred VP's
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:13:28 PM by Empire - Ulric »

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »
I'm having doubts too about charging the spears.

So charge shades
charge execs
Move engineer to bounce shades.

swift reform and move Reiks to NW of ruins, out of spears los. We can take a hydra to the rear pretty easily i think.

Hope the vanilla knights run off the board.

Shoot HBVG at hydra if in range, if not, see what is left if comet comes down.

How is our wiz positioned, how may executioners could strike him?

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »
Hydra is out of range of the Volley Gun and the units near the Arcane Ruins will be blocked by the IC Knights Bus who charged the Execs.  So no shooting this turn.  Move it SE 4" this turn to target Hydra or Elves.

Ride the Reiksguard right by the Spears heading SW assuming they make the march test, if not roll a reform and back up 4" giving the Hydra the Front Arc and hope we roll the Stubborn 8 when we lose.

Under no circumstances do I want any part of the Dreadlord when we win the game with a successful Exec combat.
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2012, 03:35:33 PM »
VP for the dreadlord: BSB and Steamy1 = 423 points + 100 point for most point within 6" of the ruin.
VP for Team blue: 2 x 5 dark riders = 170-200 + 2x5 harpies = 110 + hydra =175, + death witch 135 + BSB 120 = 740.

Empire 740 vs DE 523 points.

Marginal victory for the Empire

+1 for Fandir's plan..
no need to charge the executioners head on, get out of charge
can we get the canon out of charge range of the shades by moving west?
Knight 1 charge small warrior unit
Archer bunker, move a little to the west and allow Knight 2 to prepare a flank charge of big spear unit,
Steamy does 4 points and hammer into the big spear unit with 3 on engine and shooting steam with 1 point.

Lets go for magic ;o)

+1 to this.

Offline SevenSins

• Members
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 05:50:19 PM »
well Windelowvdid the math.

In other news; +1 for the magic phase

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2012, 09:35:26 PM »
Lets do magic...as we have basically discussed movement here...

Knights in warrior bunker.
Other knight move the help threaten executioners...or block them if needs be
STank into the spears.
Reiksgaurd out of charge arc of executioners
Archers and mage to move to see the shades.

Shooting I think we grape shot the shades, shoot with our archers from close range and use flock of doom as well....we could very well clean them up.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2012, 09:43:11 PM »

Shooting I think we grape shot the shades, shoot with our archers from close range and use flock of doom as well....we could very well clean them up.

Oh, definitely fill them full o' lead!  That should certainly put us close!

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2012, 09:58:31 PM »
So getting caught up a bit, lots happening today.

1. Dreadlord made his choice to stand his ground with the spearmen unit and try to get the objective bonus points.

2.. Hooray for the DE magic phase failure

3. DE's are ahead of us in victory points, we need to make some things happen this turn.

4. I vote we run the movement phase

5.Charge shades with 'nilla knights (hopefully we follow them off the table), charge exe's with ICK's, move ME to bounce exe's and remain far away from the small unit of spearmen so as not to get charged. This is based on the ICK's doing enough damage to the exe's so that they need insane courage to rally on their turn. If there is any doubt of the ICK's doing enough damage to the exe's so that we need to charge them again after they rally, put the ME in a position as not to block that charge.

6. Swift reform the Reiks so the back of the unit is facing North. Back them up 4 inches so the hydra and spearmen are in their front arc. If this means we can't go North we might have to go a little North Westerly to achieve this. If we get charged by the spearmen on the top of turn 6, we could flee from the spearmen and be out of los for a hydra charge. Rally on our turn six on a 9. If the spearmen don't charge we may be able to charge the hydra on our turn 6, or if he charges us, I would take it - wiping him out or running him down if he breaks from combat.

7. Can war machines in woods move within or out of them after taking a dangerous terrain test? For instance a canon cannot move out of a building once deployed in the building. If so I'd try to move it so we have los to the hydra if needed for shooting on our turn 6.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:06:02 PM by Friar Metick »
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

Offline Empire - Ulric

• Members
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2012, 11:12:30 PM »
7. Can war machines in woods move within or out of them after taking a dangerous terrain test? For instance a canon cannot move out of a building once deployed in the building. If so I'd try to move it so we have los to the hydra if needed for shooting on our turn 6.

A War Machine deployed in the Woods cannot move at all.

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »

A War Machine deployed in the Woods cannot move at all.

Thanks that's what I thought, can we pivot it to change its LOS?
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2012, 11:33:37 PM »
Charge the executioners.
Move the engineer as described by others
I like moving the reiksguard the 14" straight forward out of line of site of the spearman (really thought he was going to move those guys). If they fail march attempt, move them towards the hydra, away from spears.
Charge the shades
Move the HBVG down and to the right if it can't shoot the hydra this turn (which I think is out of range)

We're behind now, but I think we could pull ahead by quite a bit.

Magic:
If reiksguard can be charged because they failed their march check, then we'll want to spam all three prayers with them and we also want to spam them with our ICK unit too. The more we can get through, the better, so I say 1 dice them with the first six dice.  If we roll a big phase, then you can try to drop another comet on the spear block (an insurance policy)..

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2012, 03:07:23 AM »
Sometimes you guys don't follow directions very well.

I wanted your guess-ti-mates on the current VP count....not the math of it.  Part of mastering the endgame is to look at the board and know approximately what the counts are so you can make the final decisions down the stretch. 

Oh well-  there is always the next TDG for that one.

Team Blue

Grand Master                         2 wounds left
Warrior Priest                         Full health
9 Knights of the Order          5 left.  Rusted, -1 AS

Luthor Huss (front right)          Full health
10 Reiksguard                           10 left.

Wizard Lord (front right)           Full health
10 Archers                                10 left

5 Knights                                     4 left

5 Knights                                     5 left

Great Cannon                            1 wound left

Steam Tank                              Rusted, -1 AS

Lost:
Tank       250
2 Arch Det   70
Capt BSB   286

Dreadlord versus Team Blue

Dreadlord  (Gen)                     Full health
Supreme Sorceress                Full health
47 Warriors              31 left

40 Executioners         24 left 

15 Warriors            4 left

12 Shades            9 left

Lost:
Noble  (BSB)       260
Death Sorc      160
Hydra               175
2x Harpies       110
2x DR              170
Exe Std      25
Scenario    (+100)
Total:        800

Team Blue up by 194 VPs.

Team Green

Luthor Huss (front right)      Full health
Battle Wizard Lord (2nd row)   Full health
Captain (BSB) (next to Huss)    Full health
13 Knights of the Inner Circle    12 left.  Rusted.  -1AS

6 Knightly Orders          6 left

Warrior Priest (front right)      Full health
9 Reiksguard Knights       9 left.  Rusted, -1 AS

Helblaster Volley Gun       2 wounds left
Master Engineer          Full health
Master Engineer         Full health

Lost:
Helblaster      120
Knights          132
2x Demis       348
Steam Tank   250
Total:             850

Dreadlord versus Team Green

Dreadlord  (Gen)            2 wounds
Noble  (BSB)                   1 wound
Death Sorc                       Full health
Supreme Sorceress          Full health
47 Warriors                  10 

40 Executioners              13 

15 Warriors            3 left

12 Shades            8 left

Hydra               2 wounds left

Lost:
2x Harpies       110
2x DR              170
Scenario          (+200)
Total                  80

Dreadlord up by 770 VPs

--------------------------------

Of course, let me know if i made any errors.

TDG 2.6 will be up in a few minutes.

:::cheers:::
HHG

If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker