home

Author Topic: News from Marienburg  (Read 27212 times)

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
News from Marienburg
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:45:25 PM »
We know we haven't said much about the campaign recently, but that is about to change.

We've set up the domain www.MarienburgCampaign.com and the site will be going live this weekend.

Once that is going you'll all have access to all kinds of great Crisis in Marienburg stuff, and the campaign launch won't be far off.

Let the countdown begin!

-- The Campaign Team
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Holland

• Members
Re: News from Marienburg
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 09:29:38 PM »
I am intrigued, what are some of the campaign goodies that will be revealed with this website ?
I apologies in advances for all the thing I am about to say O_O

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »
By and large you'll have to wait to see.

Though I've added a few links for those of you currently planning campaign events  :icon_wink:
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 11:44:28 PM »
Any chance that I, as the Army of Mericaath ('America' in Fantasy speak for those of you who don't know), could jump in? Looks like fun!  :biggriin:
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline Karl Voss of Averland

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 11:57:12 PM »
*prepares to fluff*

*changes pants*

:biggriin:
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Remembering what Rufas started and endures in us all

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:18:06 AM »
Sounds good, and looking forward to what will be presented on the site.  Since I've not participated in anything like this previously, knowing only one other Empire player locally, and having a relativley small army at this point, I'm not sure how I'll be able to partcipate at the moment, yet I'm looking forward to at least following the event even if I don't do much else. :icon_cool:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Thane Godri GoblinSlayer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 01:13:17 AM »
  I better be picking a faction quick, either the Marienburg Alliance or the League of Free Traders. 
Stats this year

Dwarves
W6 L2 D2

Greenskins
W1 L3 D0

Empire
W3 L1 D0

Daemons
W4 L0 D0

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 01:49:51 AM »
Actually, you don't need to play against the Empire to have your games count.  It may count more, but it's hard to get all of your battles against the Empire.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 09:22:44 AM »
For those of you who weren't around last time - here's a simple guide to what is likely to happen.

1. You pick a faction to join, and you sign up.

2. That faction will have its own board that only signed up members can see (apart from Mods).
There you can plan your group stratgies.

3. There will be a main board where you can banter, wind up, use propaganda, and worry/mislead/frighten your enemies ........... :icon_wink:

4. You play battles and report them and earn points for your side.
a) We are endeavouring to make all battles count - possibly even a loss. You will get different scores depending on the result - Solid Victory will earn more than a Draw.
b) There will be bonus points for some things too - for example a battle if you use a 'pure' Faction Army List, or if you play one of the Campaign Scenarios.

That's a basic guide - full rules will follow later.

It's designed to involve everyone - even if you only get one game a month you can join up.

However if you are someone who hardly ever games you can still involve yourself with other activities as we also plan a Conversion Contest, Writing Contest and maybe a Terrain Contest, and even at this late stage even Artwork, which will earn points for your faction.

The "Bashes" this weekend will act as some valuable experience for the faction lists as quite a lot of the participants will be running, and so each faction board will hopefully get some good feedback, and certainly at the Euro Bash we will be recording results to enter once the Campaign starts up.

Personally I cannot wait to start baiting those poofy Marienburgers with their poncey Elven allies, those dim Nordlanders, and as for those maniacal religious bigoted Sigmarites well enough said - I mean would they even understand anything remotely approaching subtle humour ................

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 10:49:27 AM »
A pity our resident Nordlander is no longer among us to spice up the diplomacy :icon_sad:

and as for those maniacal religious bigoted Sigmarites well enough said - I mean would they even understand anything remotely approaching subtle humour ................

Yeah, theirs is more the "Teehee, boobies!"-kind of humour.

Edit: That Campaign site is Calvinicious already! Great stuff and many thanks to Mr Tech-Wizard!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:58:48 AM by Gneisenau »

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »
Yeah, theirs is more the "Teehee, boobies!"-kind of humour.

With Midaski, I thought it usually was something like that. :wink:
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
A pity our resident Nordlander is no longer among us to spice up the diplomacy :icon_sad:

Agreed.

I can almost taste the witty banter between Midaski and Rufas over Diplomacy.   :happy:
I sexually violated the cat.  When we have children I will push harder for this time honored and enjoyable tradition

Offline Thane Godri GoblinSlayer

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 03:22:24 PM »
  The League of Free Traders shall rule the day.  Well, at least the dwarfs will. 
Stats this year

Dwarves
W6 L2 D2

Greenskins
W1 L3 D0

Empire
W3 L1 D0

Daemons
W4 L0 D0

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 04:00:33 PM »
You heathen unbelievers will soon be crushed under Sigmars's Hammer. We will unite this Empire again and bring it under our Lords' rule...

Rebelling scum like you Marienburgers and the unwashed masses of Ulric stand no chance of prevailing, for He will guide us....

Hey look... boobies...

I mean errmm booby traps will not help you one bit.... YOU SHALL REPENT !
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 08:12:36 PM »
We Averlanders are with Marienburg, but ... we also realize the value of diplomacy. :icon_wink:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »

Personally I cannot wait to start baiting those poofy Marienburgers with their poncey Elven allies

On second thought, perhaps Mericaath will be sitting this one out. We'd rather not face the wrath of an administrator...
UNLESS...
We're feeling brave! We can enter on the side of Marienburg!  :-D
HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE AWESOMENESS OF THE HIGH ELVES!  :-D ::heretic::
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:27:36 AM by MrTrath »
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 12:09:24 PM »
So I got this right, even if I won´t make it to the bash  :icon_cry:
and won´t see any other person from this great forum I can participate and bash some locals in the name of ulric and have influence on the pillagi...öh capturing and bringing back marienburg to the empire?

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 06:52:42 PM »
You launch it right when there is a bash with no internet access?... shame on you  :closed-eyes:
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Bobithy

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 09:13:49 PM »
For glorious Nuln!!!!!!
The Empire will be united once again!

"We shall fight and die in the protection of the Countess of Nuln, the greatest city in the Empire!"

1st Nuln Infantry "The Countesses Own"
(ya, i'm loyal to the Countess, bring it on! :P)

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »
Posse Comitatus Averland
Per Mare per Terram
Para Bellum pro patria

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »
Hmmm ... perhaps Karl went to school in Tilea.  :icon_wink:

For us lesser Averlanders, with origins traced back to the time before Sigmar, could we get this in english?

• Members
  • Captain of Loningbruck
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 04:29:29 PM »
Actually, my character Karl Voss did spend some time in Tilea. Remember Averland has a lot of Tilean influences in it (due to the wealth) so the educated folk probably studied ancient Tilea. From my character profile:

Promotion and Travels
For his bravery in the Third Battle of Blackfire Pass, The Avermarshall promoted him to Captain and assigned him to command the personal bodyguard of his envoy, Count Konrad von Kusch, as he traveled to Tilea. Count von Kusch was a aging general from the State War College in Averheim, whom Karl treated as a mentor and learned basic tactics and command philosphy. Karl also dabbled in politics, somthing he only gets involved in when he feels required to, which helped him become a more charasmatic leader. Karl further honed his combat and leadership skills while serving the Count in Tilea - foiling an assassination attempt, defusing a tense negotiation, and practicing with other duelists and swordfighters. His practice with swords and combat experience made him adept with a Hand-and-a-half (bastard) Sword - prefering it to shorter arming swords. While in Luccini, Tilea, Karl met his future wife Adriana. Adriana, the daughter of a Tilian merchant, agreed to return to Averland with Karl and get married. In 2523, Count von Kursch returned to Averheim with Karl and his Fiance Adriana.

I probably should get to work on a Marienburg Campaign character.

My latin above translates roughly to:

Forces of the country of Averland
by sea and by land
prepare for war, for homeland!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:33:48 PM by Karl Voss of Averland »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 10:31:42 PM »
Yes, including mercenaries from Tilea who periodically make their appearance alongside the soldiers of Averland.  Neat that your character actually has a wife from Tilea. :icon_cool:

One of a number of reasons that I chose Averland as the area from where my army would hale was the idea that it uses mercenary units according to the fluff that is available for our province.  I don't know latin (although it would be good to learn some), and my character (very early in his development) has ancient origins that is deeply Empire since he is a Lord that resides on the northern border of Averland on the Aver River just west of the moot between the hills and forest that is located there.  It isn't a town that exists on current GW/WH maps, but I plan to develop one for this spot.  I've created a little bit of background for all of this, yet need to do much more work on such as well.

A Marienburg campaign character is an excellent idea, and I will begin considering some ideas on who he will be for my town, too.

And thanks for the translation. :icon_biggrin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 12:56:56 PM »
By the way ... I downloaded and printed off the army lists and character lists yesterday ... thank you to all who helped put those together! :::cheers::: :eusa_clap:

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »
Well, Midaski, I may not be able to fight that much, but a battle or two against my sons Imperials and my buddys VC might be able to take place.

Do the count of Middenland fancy some elves of his own? Not the poncey pajama style ones, I talk real hardbitten frosty elves from the forests!  :icon_mrgreen:
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!