home

Author Topic: New Empire Army  (Read 17999 times)

Offline Qrab

• Members
Re: New Empire Army
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 02:05:01 AM »
Really like the way this army looks.

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 05:26:08 PM »
Just drawed a little idea of how the residence could look. Not really a village an an island, but it is just a first idea. I need more time  :-(  ahh...

Offline saladino

• Members
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 05:51:00 PM »
Your knight is just amazing, realy wow, i wish i could do something like that!

Offline RE.Lee

• Members
  • Imperial trauma surgeon
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 07:29:12 PM »
That freehand armour is just sick - I wish I had the skills to pull off something like that!  :eusa_clap:
cheers,
Lee

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »
Just drawed a little idea of how the residence could look.

I really like that.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2016, 01:29:06 AM »
Just adding my two bits - freakin beautiful Knights. I love the  colours on the pikemen as well. They look great. Oh yay - nice artwork as well. I like your design.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 04:45:29 PM »
Thank You for Your comments. I finally managed to paint a little bit. Not as much as I would like to, but...

I did a little at my standart bearer. Not finished, but better then the last time.

The first 8 Spearmen are done  :icon_biggrin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 06:19:01 PM »
Excellent! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
Hello,

here is a little update.
Two horses that I have started to convert.
While doing this, a anecdote of my Commander came to my mind.
As I wrote in an older post his residence is located near the bretonnian border.
So one sunny day he was on road in the border lands, riding his Imperial armoured Shetland- Warpony  :biggriin:. Suddenly he met a bretonian knight :ph34r:. There was no war and no anger so everything was all right. But he remembered even the bretonnian warhorse laughing at him, this tall guy on this tiny horse, all way home  :x :dry:.
So the next day he gave all Warponys to his farmers and bought real warhorses.  :happy:
 :icon_wink:

On top of that I always liked different style influences in my armys. Like Kislev or Arabia. So I decided to include an Regiment of Arabia in my army. It will consist of converted High elf archers and spearmen (Got a sealed box of spearmen for 7Euros on a public bidding site  :icon_eek: :icon_biggrin:) The regiment will include a litter with a arabian prince or princess, not sure abaout that yet.
I already started to construct the litter from scratch.

I hope You like it =)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2016, 01:48:39 PM »
Looking like a cool model! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 11:40:26 AM »
Im looking forward to seeing the Araby troops, and the pony story it was funny.
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 01:51:40 PM »
Look at Hasslefree miniatures for Harem girls which could be used as a princess.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 11:03:43 PM »
This guy makes for a good prince. The cross-legged fellow is separate from the cushioned seat.

(Picture lifted from my current campaign thread, this post: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,46787.msg914672.html#msg914672)

The figure is from Perry Miniatures, see: https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_33_53&products_id=2116

Good luck with your Arabyan adventure. Remember - pics or it didn't happen.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2016, 12:36:36 AM »
I love those Perry figures! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2017, 01:23:48 PM »
Hello,

it has been a while but I did some minor updates.
Thank You for Your ideas with arab princes and princesses.
I just bought this reaper guy. He stands in front of his litter and talks to the imperial soldier.
I am not sure what I want here. So I am still open for ideas.
What I know is that I am not that much into harem girls on the battlefield. My soldiers need to focus on the enemy, not on half naked haslefree girls.  :-D Whish does not meen that I am against arab princesses at the battlefield at all  :happy:

I think this is much better than green. But still a lot to do.

I also started to convert some first rank spearmen. Not much to say about these guys.
I also did some progress with my cavallerie and more spearmen but I have no pics yet.

As the pleasent suprise has priority the next real updates here will be about end of June I think.

Best regards

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2017, 01:30:21 PM »
Mhmm, posted to quick. I thought about the reaper prince. But then I imagined the arabic guy standing in front of his litter being welcomed by a imperial soldier.
The pics seem to be a little to big. I dont know how to fix that. I thought photobucket does this for me  :engel:

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 03:04:35 AM »
Those pikes are sweet, I look forward to seeing the completed test unit. Im also have the same issue with photobucket and big pictures.
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2017, 03:08:58 AM »
Wow! Your freehand work is ridiculous (ly good). :-)

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2017, 09:31:30 PM »
Those are some very impressive models indeed. I could never commit myself to such an endeavour even if I had the skill, which I'm far from having.

About the background of the army, I'd think that to fit a properly sized island in a river, it'd have to be somewhere far down the Reik for the river to be wide enough. Somewhere not far from Marienburg would put it as close as possible to Bretonnia as well. Since that part of the Reik is the border between Reikland and Middenland, that gives me an idea.

How about: Herr von Panama (placeholder name) was of noble birth but from a cadet branch of a cadet branch, and thus the last guy in his branch to actually be landed was five generations above him. As is common for noblemen in such a situation, he went for a military career, in which his success brought him some amount of riches, but something else too. On campaign, he encountered and noticed the Arabyan Tajir ibn al-Tajir (another placeholder name), a minor trader of untapped business genius. With Herr von Panama providing startup capital and Tajir using it to conduct business from Marienburg while Herr von Panama was out warring, they were soon filthy rich. Rich enough that they could have retired to live the decadent life, but Herr von Panama had aspirations for more, to be a landed noble again. He remembered having seen a number of times an archipelago in the Reik river some distance upriver from Marienburg, approximately where the ill-defined border between the Wasteland and the Empire is usually considered to be. The islands were lush and fertile and he wondered why nobody had ever settled them. He set out to find out who the islands belonged to. What he found out was interesting indeed. Neither Reikland nor Middenland claimed them. On the contrary, the fiefdom and land ownership registries of both electorates simply assumed the islands belonged to the other. Seeing an opportunity, he simply moved in and claimed the islands for himself. Rather than fight for others, he decided to gather around his most loyal veterans and settle them on the islands as his own private military company. His knights were granted fiefs. His infantrymen were granted rent-free use of farmland while not campaigning. Given this arrangement, the islands are really an aristocratic vanity and a money sink for him, but Tajir manages business and keeps the money to pay for it rolling it, as well as acts as regent for the islands when Herr von Panama is out warring. Lending his privately funded company to the service of the Empire, he managed to accumulate such a reputation and such an amount of goodwill that when the legal status of his islands eventually was found out, Karl Franz and Boris Todbringer just decided to let him be and kept pretending not to notice.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2017, 09:52:39 PM »
Holy crap Konrad!
What a great fluff background. Panama! , take this and run 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2017, 05:38:08 AM »
Love what you've done to the Bret/Empire horses! Must try something similar myself.

Great idea for background, Konrad!

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2017, 10:10:01 AM »
Great backstory. Really enjoyed reading that one. :)
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Panama

• Members
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »
Unfortunately we do not have ymileys with heart eyes here.

Thank You very much Konrad. What You imagined is brilliant  :biggriin:
I really like what You imagined, especially because it includes many aspects I allready thought about for my army.

The position of the island is a new one. I allways imagined it further in the south, but You are right, to get such a big island it has to be located where the Reik is pretty wide.
And I really like how You included it into the border discussion between Reikland and Middenland. It fits very well.

I have to drive by train for several hours next weekend and I am really looking forward to think of some more details of this story.
And the guy needs a name.
I will call him Friedrich. It is my second name and sounds very Empire like.
The only thing that I always saw different in my minds eye, is that he built up his castle completely on his own.

I always saw a ruin, left far ago, keeping some secrets. And Friedrich rebuilt it.  :happy:

But that would also fit perfect into it I think. Looking forward to arse around some more story frazzle.  :icon_biggrin:

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
Looking back at this, I now wonder, where can I find these awesome landskneckt figures,  :happy:
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2017, 06:56:25 PM »
Looking back at this, I now wonder, where can I find these awesome landskneckt figures,  :happy:

From the looks of it, they are a mix of GW WFB figures, mainly 6th edition, with large amounts of converting and kitbashing having been done, partly using complementary 7th edition plastics.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders