home

Author Topic: Warhammer Quest CCG  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Warhammer Quest CCG
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...ure-card-game/

Funny the old world is still alive in a new CCG game ...so now we have a card game and a video game that takes place in the Warhammer world we all love makes me wonder about 9th edition  :engel:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline harv

• Members
  • success from discipline, productivity from panic
Re: Warhammer Quest CCG
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:21:30 PM »
If it's as good as Blood Bowl Team Manager or Chaos Old World then count me in  :eusa_clap:

Although not a fan of them using the new GW aesthetic. The original Warhammer Quest had some great artwork and iconic characters so to lose those to the modern designs such as the Dwarf is a little disappointing.

Also Fantasy Flight are releasing the 3rd Edition of what was probably GWs best board game, Fury of Dracula. For those who never bought the 2nd Edition  :::cheers:::

My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »
wow, I have never seen that game before  :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 02:06:07 AM »
If it's as good as Blood Bowl Team Manager or Chaos Old World then count me in  :eusa_clap:

Although not a fan of them using the new GW aesthetic. The original Warhammer Quest had some great artwork and iconic characters so to lose those to the modern designs such as the Dwarf is a little disappointing.

Also Fantasy Flight are releasing the 3rd Edition of what was probably GWs best board game, Fury of Dracula. For those who never bought the 2nd Edition  :::cheers:::

Wait, what? Where did you see this?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:17:25 AM »

Are they?  :Ohmy:

I wonder what's changing?
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline harv

• Members
  • success from discipline, productivity from panic
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »
3rd Edition Summary of Fury of Dracula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMQvNr1b0WM

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/30/witness-the-spread-of-evil/

and the review from the GenCon demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym_6mIScTuE

It sounds as if the only big change is to streamline combat, I guess we'll have to wait and see how big a change that is. It has lovely updated artwork and I'm tempted to pick it up when it comes out even though I have both the GW Edition and the FF 2nd Edition. It's such a great game  :::cheers:::

I am still waiting for Fantasy Flight to update Blood Royale and Doom of the Eldar. Two superb GW board games that need new editions  :::cheers:::
My "house rule" for AoS is "we're not playing that shit in my house!"

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:57:10 AM »
Geesh I miss the days when they did board games.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 10:19:38 AM »
It sounds as if the only big change is to streamline combat, I guess we'll have to wait and see how big a change that is. It has lovely updated artwork and I'm tempted to pick it up when it comes out even though I have both the GW Edition and the FF 2nd Edition. It's such a great game 

Thanks for the information! I love Fury of Dracula, but it could do with a bit of streamlining.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.