home

Author Topic: Wyrdwars?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
Wyrdwars?
« on: March 06, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
Anybody tried this system before?  My gaming group is discussing doing Mordheim again, but as I recall the warband balance was very poor.  We're looking for a fun alternative and this looks viable, but it's hard to get a good sense of a game just from the rules. 
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
Re: Wyrdwars?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 05:42:14 PM »
look for coreheim rules.

it is a more balanced version of the Mordheim ruleset.
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 12:25:28 AM »
Both Wyrdwars and Coreheim make me cringe, but the things they want to fix about Mordheim are what I enjoy, so ah well.
  :engel:
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Michael W

• Members
  • In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:13 AM »
I may be able to help if there is more detail.

I was curious about differences between Mordheim and WyrdWars, if there were similar balance issues, if WyrdWars has a substantially different campaign system...that sort of thing.  And while my gaming group might think of me as the-guy-who-reads-all-the-rules, the fact is that I have a long-term girlfriend an hour away, a full-time job, minis to paint, and a family lakehouse to help keep clean/functional.  So I don't actually have the kind of time that I used to, where I could delve into games pretty thoroughly before putting a mini on the table.

At this point it may be a bit of a moot point...I think we're going to give WyrdWars a shot (for a couple of weeks, at least) and see how it goes.   :happy:
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 09:32:17 AM »
I suspect you are talking to a bot.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)