home

Author Topic: Sigmarite Holy Inquisitiorial Tabernacle - The Legend  (Read 247096 times)

Offline Sigmork

• Members
  • R.I.P. Rufas
Re: Sigmarite Holy Inquisitiorial Tabernacle
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2007, 04:54:39 PM »
My fellow inquisitors. A case has arroused my suspicion.. and think we need our full force to stop this heretic.

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=18027.0

Herr Rupert Hammerton Fraser, has done an outragerous thing. The inquisition reject all Live Acting Roleplayers and the this must be our worst case to date!

We must hunt this Rupert down and put him to trial!

Plus Soju thinks that 40k is £10,000 better than Fantasy!!!!
Quote from: PhillyT
Sigmork, your chi is weak!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2007, 07:21:44 PM »
Wait, is he even a member here? Does he even know this place exists? Let's just try to imagine the encounter if we do track him down...

"Herr Rupert?"
"Uhh...yes?"
"You are under arrest for crimes against the Emperor Sigmar, and his heir, the Emperor Karl Franz. The Inqusition is here to question you."
"WTF mate? Who the hell are you guys, and why am I being 'arrested'?"
"For the Crime of...LARPing."
"And you guys are arresting me?!?!?!?!"
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Soju

• Members
  • personal text goes here
« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2007, 07:40:18 PM »
lol...

sj

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2007, 05:58:05 AM »
Wait, is he even a member here? Does he even know this place exists? Let's just try to imagine the encounter if we do track him down...

"Herr Rupert?"
"Uhh...yes?"
"You are under arrest for crimes against the Emperor Sigmar, and his heir, the Emperor Karl Franz. The Inqusition is here to question you."
"WTF mate? Who the hell are you guys, and why am I being 'arrested'?"
"For the Crime of...LARPing."
"And you guys are arresting me?!?!?!?!"
Bearing in mind that he just got married in LARping, i think that he would see this threat... quite seriously.
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #229 on: September 18, 2007, 03:23:24 AM »
I don't... LARP arresting someone for LARPing?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #230 on: September 20, 2007, 05:59:51 PM »
I would like to submit my special thanks to our members Lonearcher and HoS for there involvement in keeping the Inquisition fresh and entertaining

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=18036.0
For Inquisitorial T-Shirts

and

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=18036.0
For our Recruitment thread (working on getting us a scribe  :engel: )

Second order of business. We are in need of an opening paragraph on the first post of this thread. Something around a paragraph long, well written and outlines the Inquisition well

I was hoping we would get several submissions and we would pick our best. Hopefully Marcus Leitdorf might be interested, as he seemed like a good writer (and it would be a great first job to)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:54:23 PM by Wyzer1 »
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Doop123

« Reply #231 on: September 20, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »
Grand Inquisition,

I, Stefan Von Widmeyer have found traitors within the empire. One of them is a worshiper of Khaine and the other seeks to cover him up. I will send information in hopes that it leads to the arrest of ImperiusDominatus and Wyzer1. sigmar be with you.

Your loyal subject,
  Stefan Von Widmeyer

My information as promised, http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=18023.0

PS: How might i become a member?

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #232 on: September 20, 2007, 11:00:20 PM »
Grand Inquisition,

I, Stefan Von Widmeyer have found traitors within the empire. One of them is a worshiper of Khaine and the other seeks to cover him up. I will send information in hopes that it leads to the arrest of ImperiusDominatus and Wyzer1. sigmar be with you.

Your loyal subject,
  Stefan Von Widmeyer

My information as promised, http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=18023.0
Oh ya, i forgot about that...

I meant to bring that up here. Whats our disposition towards Khaine warshippers? (I am partially unfamiliar with Khaines background)

IIRC isn't Khaine the "God Of Murder"? Now, I remember reading that some believe Khaine is the same as Khorne but he obviously isn't...

Another thing, Khaine in 40k and Fantasy have completely different background and representations... But I know in 40k a khaine warshipper is hunted down and killed

One last thing, the Avatar in Dawn of War says "Khaila Mensha Khaine" (or however its spelt) and sounds damn cool  :engel:® (lol) I am not sure how that affects us but still...

PS: How might i become a member? [/i]
Well, we havn't turned anyone down yet so you pretty much just show even a slight interest in us  :happy:

Is there a particular talent and/or position you think you are suited to fill? We have a couple in our PR department, Rufas is our Taxist, Im High Inquisitor etc...

If you decide you want some particular position (its more for entertainment value than anything else) then all you have to do is write a clever acronym and your in  :happy:

If you just want to be your standard burn em at the stake Inquisitor, then thats peachy to

BTW, make sure you keep it fun and light-hearted, its not susposed to be anything serious. We leave that stuff up to the mods  :engel:®(lol)

EDIT: As a warning by joining the Inquisition you are almost guarenteed to make a nemesis out of Midaski  :happy: For some reason he's not too fond of the Inquisition... lol

Doop123

« Reply #233 on: September 23, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
Write a clever acronym you say, well that didn't work out so well. I worked for three hours and all I came up with junk. if you can think of a whity acronym for me have at her, but i just as fine as a standard burn em at the stake Inquisitor or if you need some one in the tax Dept i can do that sort of junk. I did burn down an entire town to get my money once. 

Well if you allow me into your order I will do my best to burn people for there crimes.  :smile2:

PS: I think I'll live with Midaski hating me, I have had worse.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:52:59 PM by Doop123 »

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #234 on: September 23, 2007, 07:35:52 PM »
Can I apply for the job of :

Sigmarite Holy Inquisitorial Tabernacle Head of Executions And Dismemberments ?

I would like to take 'Divide et Impera' as my Motto. A good quartering will make most sinners repent... just before they snap under the strain of our line of questioning. If that doesn't work we'll behead, then burn the rich and burn the poor straightaway.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline stretch_135

• Members
  • Resident Tall Guy
« Reply #235 on: September 23, 2007, 11:08:59 PM »
Inquisitors; we have found a heretic! May we burn them? (While we're at it, say 'yes' to Monty Python references  :-D)

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=18155.msg210065#msg210065

Comparing his-most holiness Sigmar to a simple mechanic? And the connotations... "under a greasy Valten" asking for a 3/8 wrench (creative editing my own  :engel:)? What shall we do, oh most powerful overlords-of-overlordness of the Sigmarite Holy Inquisitorial Tabernacle of Solace?
On the quest to get my painting in the red this year...follow the madness here: Blog!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #236 on: September 24, 2007, 10:00:22 AM »
  Ponders ............ Hmmmmmm

This should be interesting - he's of dwarf ancestry - wonder how Rufas will take to his kin being accused.

Dwarfs tend to look at most things from an engineering perspective.

Wonder how stretch_135, or for that matter Unwyzer1, will cope with a grudge book entry ...............
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:02:28 AM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #237 on: September 24, 2007, 04:20:32 PM »
Write a clever acronym you say, well that didn't work out so well. I worked for three hours and all I came up with junk. if you can think of a whity acronym for me have at her, but i just as fine as a standard burn em at the stake Inquisitor or if you need some one in the tax Dept i can do that sort of junk. I did burn down an entire town to get my money once. 

Well if you allow me into your order I will do my best to burn people for there crimes.  :smile2:
lol

Well if you think of anything just say  :-D SO, by the authority invested in me by a bunch of morons the Inquisition, consider thyself a member of the finest organization in the Empire (notice I didn't say most efficient...)

PS: I think i'll live with Midaski hateing me, i have had worse.
Ya, its kind of like being disliked by your neighbor. Its almost comical  :happy:

Can I apply for the job of :

Sigmarite Holy Inquisitorial Tabernacle Head of Executions And Dismemberments ?

I would like to take 'Divide et Impera' as my Motto. A good quartering will make most sinners repent... just before they snap under the strain of our line of questioning. If that doesn't work we'll behead, then burn the rich and burn the poor straightaway.
Hmm... Good point! We actually havn't established an executions department!

Ok, sounds alright to me, but make sure you keep it fun and don't go after people whom you suspect of not having a sense of humor. Also watch out for threadjacking, so if you accuse someone of heresy make sure to actually contribute to the topic also (less backlash)

So, two members in one swipe!? Our evil little organization is growing in leaps and bounds! Welcome to the Inquisition!

BTW, Doop123 if you like you could join our executions department (that warhammerlord_soth just started up) I'd suggest coming up with elaborate and goofy means of execution  :biggriin: If you guys get a good list going I'll update the first post in this thread (which you should check occasionally, I add new things sometimes)

Inquisitors; we have found a heretic! May we burn them? (While we're at it, say 'yes' to Monty Python references  :-D)

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=18155.msg210065#msg210065

Comparing his-most holiness Sigmar to a simple mechanic? And the connotations... "under a greasy Valten" asking for a 3/8 wrench (creative editing my own  :engel:)? What shall we do, oh most powerful overlords-of-overlordness of the Sigmarite Holy Inquisitorial Tabernacle of Solace?
Hmm, three things come to mind when I read that (and the thread in reference)

The first thing: Since he is of Dwarven ancestry, he is in fact outside of the Inquisitions jurisdiction. He does not worship Sigmar as his patron god (to be expected actually, because Sigmar is a regional thing specifically to the Empire). Secondaly, he was asking a question to whether or not he was a mechanic based on what he thought was the Prayers rules, and it was actually more of sarcasm towards GW's rules (which is in spirit of the Inquisition)

Lastly, you purposely misquoted to make it look like Sigmar was "Under a greasy Valten" ... Heretic! BURN!

But, you did refer to us as powerful overlords-of-overlordsness so... we'll let you off  :engel:

Ponders ............ Hmmmmmm

This should be interesting - he's of dwarf ancestry - wonder how Rufas will take to his kin being accused.

Dwarfs tend to look at most things from an engineering perspective.

Wonder how stretch_135, or for that matter Unwyzer1, will cope with a grudge book entry ...............

No hang on... He's not even in the Inquisition (yet) so we can't be held responsable for his actions  :biggriin: No harm done (yet) :engel:

Wow, that was alot of stuff  :happy:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2007, 04:48:58 PM »
I just went back to Page 1 and checked the first 'updated' thread.

The membership and Positions bits could do with some reorganising.

Why not list the Officers with their Positions, and then list the general Inquisitors underneath - they could even have Full and Novice status.

I suppose the current presentation matches the rather ragbag nature of your organisation, but I am surprised that Mr. PR hasn't made some effort to improve the presentation.

In fact I am surprised that we haven't had your membership modelling minis of themselves for the others to copy - then you could have an Inqusitor unit each to put on battlefields all over the world.

PS: I think I'll live with Midaski hating me, I have had worse.
{Spelling and capitalisation corrections free of charge.}

Let's be clear about this - I do not hate the Inquisition or anyone it.

There are many benefits:

The occasional gems of humour.
Left to their own devices the members involved could come up with all sorts of other drivel.
They tend to try and uphold their aims, which involve following the site ethos as to post quality - New Inquisitors please note :icon_exclaim:
They distract attention from the more discreet work of the Chancellor's Office.

:engel:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 04:56:10 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »
Hey, Midaski is being helpful to the Imquisition  :-D

Those are some good ideas... Ill get to it

Actually the
In fact I am surprised that we haven't had your membership modelling minis of themselves for the others to copy - then you could have an Inqusitor unit each to put on battlefields all over the world.
I actually have done this... He's just not quite painted yet... Once painted I am going to post him up (hes modelled though)  I have gotten some compliments from my friends regarding him

Doop123

« Reply #240 on: September 24, 2007, 06:00:57 PM »
hey Wyzer1 I would like very much to join our executions department (that warhammerlord_soth just started up) thats sounds like fun. oh and by the way i have come up with 2 fun ways to kill (or harm) some one!

1) first heat up sand until it's red hot (i know just doing that sounds like fun) then, pour it all over their body. and there you have it a burnt, screaming soon to be dead person!

2) bury someone on the sand so just his head sticks out, then let wild animals or insects eat them (not that super original but hey the Egyptians seemed to think it was a good idea)

And hey Midask is this called the Sigmarite Holy Inquisition Of Spelling and Punctuation, no because that would spell SHITOSAP and that sounds gay.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:57:50 PM by Doop123 »

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #241 on: September 24, 2007, 06:10:04 PM »
2) bury someone on the sand so just his head sticks out, then let wild animals or incests eat them (not that super original but hey the Egyptians seemed to think it was a good idea)

:Ohmy: .. eaten by incest... that's just so wrong..... :Ohmy:
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #242 on: September 24, 2007, 06:10:59 PM »
Neato

The more elaborate and original and clever the methods of execution the better  :happy: Feel free to clutter the counts tavern with a thread devoted to this  :biggriin:  That would make it (4) threads devoted to the Inquisition  Good... Good my pretties... Slowly but surely we shall take control...  :engel:

And hey Midask is this called the Sigmarite Holy Inquisition Of Spelling and Punctuation, no because that would spell SHITOSAS and that sounds gay.
lol, I laughed so hard when I read that  :laugh: And you didn't even do it right, it would be S.H.I.T.O.S.A.P but whatev

I already added you to the roster. Welcome aboard  :biggriin:

2) bury someone on the sand so just his head sticks out, then let wild animals or incests eat them (not that super original but hey the Egyptians seemed to think it was a good idea)

And perambulator brings up a good point as to why spelling and punctation is importnat  :roll:

Doop123

« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2007, 06:16:51 PM »
Shut up ok just shut up i know my spelling sucks and I accept that so shut up! :icon_cry:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:45:59 PM by Doop123 »

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #244 on: September 24, 2007, 06:19:24 PM »
Shut up ok just shut up i know my spelling sucks and I except that so shut up! :icon_cry:
lol

BTW, you know your signature? Have you ever faced Thorek Ironbrow?  :engel: lol

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #245 on: September 24, 2007, 06:26:07 PM »
Neato

The more elaborate and original and clever the methods of execution the better  :happy: Feel free to clutter the counts tavern with a thread devoted to this  :biggriin:  That would make it (4) threads devoted to the Inquisition  Good... Good my pretties... Slowly but surely we shall take control...  :engel:

And hey Midask is this called the Sigmarite Holy Inquisition Of Spelling and Punctuation, no because that would spell SHITOSAS and that sounds gay.
lol, I laughed so hard when I read that  :laugh: And you didn't even do it right, it would be S.H.I.T.O.S.A.P but whatev

I already added you to the roster. Welcome aboard  :biggriin:

And perambulator brings up a good point as to why spelling and punctation is importnat  :roll:

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
« Reply #246 on: September 24, 2007, 06:27:26 PM »
... AKA Sarcasm

I also spelt punctuation wrong...  :engel:

Dammit this is the Inquisition, not a friggin spelling bee! Get back to torching!

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
« Reply #247 on: September 24, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »
Shut up ok just shut up i know my spelling sucks and I except that so shut up! :icon_cry:

Doop123, considering this is a written forum, it's best to not take anything you read in the wrong light. I suggest whenever you read something here (and this is probably good advice for anything you read), you should take your first gut reaction and make it two shades more positive than that. Very few people are deliberately mean or out to get you. Believe me, I could have made my post a LOT harsher than I did. I had no intention of picking on your spelling - we all make mistakes and this wasn't one that the Spell Check would have caught because you, in fact, did spell it correctly - it was just a different word that you thought it was.

This forum does set a high standard for postings precisely because it is very easy for miscommunications and misunderstanding to spiral out of control and there are very few other ways to completely destroy the good will of a site. Wyzer1 has already been bitten by his postings of the Inquisition once and did a fine job of soothing the bruises. If you are going to be part of the Inquisition, I would suggest that you take our advice to heart. No one expects perfection, but an effort to acknowledge our limitations and acknowledge that we are working on them go very far. You will see postings by people for whom English is not their first language and they will often state as much and apologize in advance. You live in Canada (and not in Quebec, either) so you probably don't have that excuse (If you do, this would be a good time to point out my error). I would take this forum as an opportunity to work on your writing skills.

Again, this is not a criticism, but a friendly suggestion of a way to get more out of this forum than just a great way to win battles for the Empire!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 06:32:53 PM by perambulator »
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2007, 06:33:52 PM »
@ Wyzer

Where I live Importnat is cheap beer that tastes like horsep*ss and comes from abroad.

People have been burnt for less in these parts.

Who shall I execute, my Lord ? I only carry out the sentence, discovering, capturing, imprisoning and judging heretics are out of my jurisdiction. Perhaps others can be found for those functions? I am sure your most majestic overlordness had that figured out already...

Now what was this about sarcasm, oh Overlord ?

Doop123

« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2007, 06:51:27 PM »
I have gone back and edited my mistakes and yes perambulator I know that my bad spelling is a problem and yes I must work on this problem and contrary to popular belief I am. also when I said shut up over and over again i wasn't sad about anything I was just joking around. so yes my spelling will be worked on.