home

Author Topic: Goodbye Photobucket  (Read 16323 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Goodbye Photobucket
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 12:11:15 AM »
In my present condition any extrapolation I attempted would be exasperating, so if you were expecting said situation for your own satisfaction then circumstances, being essentially a surfeit, or at the very least a saturation of, not dissimilar terminology have sadly circumscribed said pursuit.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2017, 12:12:32 AM »
I so look forward to working out if that actually means something tomorrow. Slightly drunk me may be a genius.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2017, 06:24:41 PM »
Drunk posting is dangerous business.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »
Criticizing an archaic & dysfunctional OS in a thread about everyone's reliance on an archaic & dysfunctional image hosting service...?  :wink:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2017, 12:40:38 AM »
I was getting really worried that he was about to self-harm as a result of PBs machinations .........

................ then I realised he had typed circumscribe   :engel:

That really would have been the end ................
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2017, 12:40:56 AM »
Also fidelis, why are you still on Vista? I cannot think of any good reasons other than laziness or lack of knowledge. You didnt strike me as falling into either of those categories, so i am curious.

My present PC is from 2008; so, I need to buy a new computer anyway soon. Given the prices, it is not worth the money or the hassle to install a new OS. 
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
I was getting really worried that he was about to self-harm as a result of PBs machinations .........

................ then I realised he had typed circumscribe   :engel:

That really would have been the end ................

I had to re-read that too.

Also fidelis, why are you still on Vista? I cannot think of any good reasons other than laziness or lack of knowledge. You didnt strike me as falling into either of those categories, so i am curious.

My present PC is from 2008; so, I need to buy a new computer anyway soon. Given the prices, it is not worth the money or the hassle to install a new OS. 

Hmmmm, so laziness with a slight bit of tight-arsed-ness. I can definitely appreciate that. I think at one point they were offering free upgrade to win 7 and win 10. I bought win 7 for about $30 and the performance improvement was a welcome improvement. Still, nice job sweating your asset!
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 04:43:37 PM »
Sign. Photobucket has finally caught up with me. I only had a dozen pictures or so on the account, but now they're all blocked. Time to move on.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »
I got an email too - I haven't checked, but I suspect they no longer work. Well, the hell with you, Photobucket. You are the vomit bucket, nothing more.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2017, 02:30:29 AM »
It is strange, but sometimes photobucket pictures re-appear, at least temporarily. 
Just to check: are all the pictures in this post visible? Only the first one is embedded from imgur, the rest still photobucket.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:45:36 AM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2017, 09:16:49 AM »
Now you see them, now you don't. So, I'll have to replace them all.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2017, 04:52:32 PM »
Hi Padre,

Your tilean campaign is awesome, but i savour that readinv until i need some inspiration. Currently I am up to December 2016 http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,46787.msg998730.html#msg998730
Not to be a slave driver, but what is your planned schedule for updating your pics. That way I will delay any reading until you go back. No rush, just wanting to plan :)
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2017, 05:33:39 PM »
Thanks for saying, Warlord.

All the pics are repaired by some technical wizardry done by the admin at OldHammer, so you can see the full campaign thread there and pick up where you left off. It starts at http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2889, but the post you are up to is at http://forum.oldhammer.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=81536#p81536. So you can continue reading at any time you like!

I am re-constructing the whole campaign as a website (www.bigsmallworlds.com) but am still way behind where you have reached in your reading. What is slowing me down is the desire to edit, sometimes a lot, for grammar etc. My method is to open the next Oldhammer forum campaign post. Read, correct and edit it, then reload it, then lift the text and convert it to a format for the website, then upload all the relevant pictures and post them in all the right places. A big battle report basically takes more than an hour, thus the slow progress. Then I am adding little painting and modelling blog posts to showcase stuff in each post, which I am also slowly linking in to the posts!!

The website will get there in the end! In the meantime, the Oldhammer thread is not only better because it has pictures, but it is slowly improving in grammar and spelling and such like too!

Offline VonOttenheim

• Members
  • Commander Black Griffon
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2017, 05:05:23 PM »
I´m not sure I understand this whole thing.
I have always used photobucket...
I can still see my pictures on my blogs.... no one else can?
Ulrich von Ottenheim

Commander Black Griffon
Komtur Templar Knights of Taal
"...I want milk in my Khorne flakes..."

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2017, 05:45:36 PM »
It seems to be something to do with the number of photographs. I had 3600. How many do you think you have?

Or, do you pay Photobucket anything at all?

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2017, 08:04:58 PM »
Whatever their criteria of the sequence in which they shut the system down, you will eventually be shut down, unless you pay.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2017, 10:37:22 PM »

Back when all this Photobucket hoohaa started, I tried downloading all of my images. PB was supposed to email me a link to the download when it was ready. Never happened, and I forgot about it. Today I was going to try doing it album by album and... the option to download albums is apparently gone from the site. You can only download individual images. As if they couldn't have made shit worse. Assholes.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2017, 03:57:16 AM »
Hey Guys. 

I put Warhammer-Empire on a hosting plan with the ability to host your images.  I need to get Bugman in on this and see if he can help us with that.  My personal time is non existent so I just cant do the research and retool the site. 

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »
Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm set on hosting. I'm just pissed that after PB makes public statements that they're not holding anyone's images hostage, they change the functionality of their site to make it as difficult as possible to download your own images.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2017, 09:04:00 PM »
Hey Guys. 

I put Warhammer-Empire on a hosting plan with the ability to host your images.  I need to get Bugman in on this and see if he can help us with that.  My personal time is non existent so I just cant do the research and retool the site.

Excellent! Thanks Grutch.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2017, 10:16:01 PM »
Photobucket just sent me an email asking me to be "one of the 3 million" ....

Yeah, no.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
Just got my email, too. I expect this means pictures will start to disappear soon, I'm not actually sure.

Honestly don't know if I can be bothered to repair old posts / plogs, it might be time to start a new thing - blog? website? not sure, but don't panic, I'll still be here :)

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »
As someone smarter than I pointed out elsewhere, if you add ~original after .jpeg in the link, the picture will re-appear.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »
Unfortunately it appears that the way to get the photos back is not working anymore. :icon_sad:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2018, 04:11:17 PM »
Hmmm ... perhaps it still is.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra