home

Author Topic: Engineer 8.0  (Read 25495 times)

Offline Dreadaxe

• Members
Re: Engineer 8.0
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 10:09:34 AM »
I completely disagree with BS5.

I doubt a man of education tinking with steamtanks, helblasters, mortars, pidgeon bombs, steam powered horses etc would have enough time to train in ballistics to the point where he is better than a 300 year old Elven archer.

I also beleive engineers shouldnt exist in the games. All warmachine crews would have had extensive training in their machine. They should be good enough to handle them without an engineer. In the case of an engineer needing to man a machine, then that should be the case and it shouldnt offer any real bonuses nor should it be optional. Hes there because he has to be.

How do you explain the Outrider champion have BS5. To my opinion the BS5 could be explain the engineer by invention (telescope for example)
Dreadaxe

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 11:28:48 AM »
I still donīt understand the Ws and Bs of 10 for the dark elf assassin but hey it is a game they donīt have to explain anything Bs of 5 for a hero choice is reasonable (he could wear a selfmade pair of....glasses)  either that or he should grant the whole army a bonus because he sits all the time in his backyard garage tinkering on the equipment.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 11:54:23 AM »
I doubt a man of education tinking with steamtanks, helblasters, mortars, pidgeon bombs, steam powered horses etc would have enough time to train in ballistics to the point where he is better than a 300 year old Elven archer.

This is the game where the 300 year old Elven archer strikes faster than the 500 year old vampiric master of martial arts, just because he has a day of militia training once a month.  :icon_wink:

Let's face it, after the "Speed of Asuryan" failure, anything can be justified.

• Members
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 11:56:07 AM »
But perhaps some guys from Sweden organize the militia, than it would be okish I guess.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
This is the game where the 300 year old Elven archer strikes faster than the 500 year old vampiric master of martial arts, just because he has a day of militia training once a month. 

Let's face it, after the "Speed of Asuryan" failure, anything can be justified.

so why not the 4 classes of engineers or even 2 or 3 wherein they have a variety of weapons and certain unlockable unit types or army abilities by their presence on the battlefield.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

• Members
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »
It would be too much fun  :::cheers::: I would say find someone to playtest and give us some engineeeeeeer.

Offline polybus11

• Members
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2010, 03:12:26 PM »
Another Idea for an engie.. allow him to ride in the Steam Tank and add this rule: Instead of generating steam points for the turn, instead gain D6 wounds (Max 10) as the engineer fixes the darn thing.

Not sure if I would allow this rule in combat.. prolly not.