home

Author Topic: Swordsmen vs Spearmen vs Halberds  (Read 7511 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Swordsmen vs Spearmen vs Halberds
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2020, 03:44:03 AM »
I get kidded by a friend of mine on the number of figures I have across multiple conflicts in multiple eras (way too many of them unpainted), yet when I think of the my parent's two car garage, my figures wouldn't even come close to filling it.  To imagine Steve B's collection filling a two car garage, it is almost mind boggling how much he had, and frankly how much he painted.  I got to imagine that when he'd give advice about "taking two aspirin, and go paint", it seems he did more than just live by his own advice.

And for the moment, I'll say one other item ... he changed the way I look at fantasy. Period. And for the better. Zak sent me a figure of his a little bit back, and if I recall it was a figure that I'd questioned Steve B on, and his comments at the time were spot on.  Now I have it, lovingly protected and some day it will see use on my table top, along side a bunch of Empire infantry carrying lizardman shields, courtesy of Steve B and Zak. I am forever grateful for having had the opportunity to associate with Steve B.  I have few regrets in life, although one of them was not getting off my rear to make it more of a priority to go visit him. May he rest in peace.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline KTG17

• Members
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2020, 04:56:51 PM »
Oh man I read thru some threads and are caught up. I had seen various comments that didnt make any sense to me but it is all clear now. Man, how sad. I just missed the guy too.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2023, 09:32:09 PM »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra