home

Author Topic: Stubborn unit within 12 inches of Stubborn Genreal  (Read 1071 times)

ablindmouse

Stubborn unit within 12 inches of Stubborn Genreal
« on: January 21, 2005, 08:20:51 AM »
If my general is stubborn and he is near a stubborn unit can that unit use his unmodified leadership for a break test?  This might be a bit of rule lawyering on my part but the rule book doesn’t cover it.  It is clear that if the general was in the unit then they could use his unmodified leadership (page 85 rule book), but does this apply to using the general’s leadership while within 12 inches.  This is in regards to a stubborn general due to the banner of Sigmund next to a unit of greatswordsmen.

Offline Kulgan

• Members
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:57:24 AM »
You can or use the General's Leadership  and loose the stubborn ability for that test or use your own leadership and remain Stubborn.

Offline st1v xtr1m

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 11:22:21 AM »
Quote from: Kulgan
You can or use the General's Leadership  and loose the stubborn ability for that test or use your own leadership and remain Stubborn.

yes, that's the case when the general isn't stubborn. what's the case when the general is stubborn as well as the unit?
sigless

Offline Kulgan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 12:15:17 PM »
The ' general concept ' allows the General to pass on his Ld to units within 12 inch, not abilities. It's not because your General is causing fear that your units within 12 inch cause fear. Also an ability.

Offline Heinrich_the_Grim

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 02:41:55 PM »
what he meant was.

A stubborn unit need the general in the unit to benefit from his LD, but when he uses a BSB with banner of sigismund he could make the unit with his General Stubborn and might in that case give LD to the other stubborn unit.

he didnt even say that a unit would become stubborn if a stubborn General was within 12" of them, you made that up in your mind.

i'm not sure it will work but i really hope so :P
Kill them all, let Sigmar sort them out.

Offline Kulgan

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 04:47:28 PM »
I know he wasn't saying that, I was saying that I believe that if a unit is Stubborn and the General is also Stubborn that the unit can not use the general's leadership and be still remain stubborn.
But I'm not 100% sure I must admit  :cry: