home

Author Topic: What's a Freeguild?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Alexis

• Members
What's a Freeguild?
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:30:58 AM »
Have not bothered with AoS in a while but when I saw that GW have renamed things 'Freeguild' and it peeked my attention. Is there any information on this? I can't find anything.
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: What's a Freeguild?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
there is only a short bit of it in the GA: Order book about it.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 11:40:15 AM »
What it says is that the Freeguilds are remnants of ancient tribes and are basically the stock military of the Free people. They are used by the Stormcast to retake and garrison fortresses and strengthen the regions in the other realms
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 11:47:02 AM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 01:54:18 PM »
Fluff is pretty light in the Grand Alliance book.  But it does look hopeful for a Freeguild Battletome somewhere down the line