home

Author Topic: Happy and Random Thoughts!  (Read 835518 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
Re: Happy and Random Thoughts!
« Reply #8975 on: December 03, 2018, 11:59:14 PM »
Reminded me of the consoles from the short lived Pole Position cartoon

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8976 on: December 04, 2018, 07:55:29 PM »
Since I am reading Le Morte D'Arthur I am really interested in dark age UK and French regions and history.  Found this fun explanation of dark age British politics. I felt it may also be enjoyed here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNdQW4eMTM
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8977 on: December 05, 2018, 05:03:35 AM »
Following some more egregious and tenuous Simpsons laced discussions at work, we have had some hilarious discussions about saucer people, dinosaurs and ancient monuments. The other day, I was tempted to hand one of the chefs a reel of tin foil and say
"Here, make a hat so the saucer people cant monitor your thoughts"

AND while I'm on the subject of mind-monitoring. I made it though MST3K's gauntlet. Sadly I think Ator 1 was the 'best' of that pretty bad lot

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8978 on: December 05, 2018, 04:33:28 PM »
Rich Evans of RedLetterMedia appears on The Ellen Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5EC71Mx8u4
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8979 on: December 06, 2018, 04:13:33 AM »
^
Small word huh. I wonder if pizza rolls were on the menu? :-P

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8980 on: December 12, 2018, 03:09:15 AM »
I got 2 posts on front page of imgur today! :icon_biggrin:

https://imgur.com/gallery/bHof41x

https://imgur.com/gallery/1yfpR5z
― Jake the Dog

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #8981 on: December 12, 2018, 03:40:55 AM »
I like the one with the dreadnaught, lighting the candelabra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8982 on: December 12, 2018, 12:14:49 PM »
Since I am reading Le Morte D'Arthur I am really interested in dark age UK and French regions and history.  Found this fun explanation of dark age British politics. I felt it may also be enjoyed here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNdQW4eMTM
Seemed like a decent summary, thanks for posting! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8983 on: December 15, 2018, 06:11:04 AM »
My wife and I have noticed that since my daughter was born that women hit on me more frequently (sometimes even when my wife and child are in the same room!). I have heard similar stories from other dads too so its not an isolated incident. Its very foreign to me and I'm trying to wrap my head around it. It is flattering but what is it about a married man who has kids that single women find attractive? I get that he is apparently marriage material (he is married after all) and is good with kids but being this idealized person would mean he's unavailable correct? So why pursue the guy? Is it just wanting what you don't have? Perhaps its just my own sensibilities that if someone is married then I view them as off limits (unless otherwise specified).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:17:46 AM by Feanor Fire Heart »
― Jake the Dog

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8984 on: December 15, 2018, 07:34:01 AM »
It occurs to me that you could have put this in the unhappy thoughts thread too!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #8985 on: December 15, 2018, 08:14:10 AM »
I figured it fell into random and was more a question than good or bad  :blush:
― Jake the Dog

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8986 on: December 15, 2018, 08:45:21 AM »
You should have rolled a D6 to decide which thread too put it in. My suggestion of you like risk - 2,3 happy; 4,5 unhappy; 1, critical failure, don't post all; 6 both threads.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8987 on: December 15, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
I'm beginning to think that sort of thing is a biological process in women, some act on it, some don't.  If the guy is having kids, and successfully raising them, than perhaps he's available to procreate with them as well.  Their genes want your genes, a deep physiological desire moving forward.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8988 on: December 15, 2018, 03:05:30 PM »
I have  seriously got to know some of you a little better this year and I'm grateful for your friendships.  I hope one day to meet you in this life or in the halls of Valhalla lol  :engel:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8989 on: December 15, 2018, 03:52:14 PM »
I have  seriously got to know some of you a little better this year and I'm grateful for your friendships.  I hope one day to meet you in this life or in the halls of Valhalla lol  :engel:

Indeed!👆  :::cheers:::
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8990 on: December 15, 2018, 04:58:38 PM »
I'm all for Valhalla, but hopefully not too soon on that one.

Although I will echo the rest! Its been a pretty decent year lads and gents.

So when are we arranging Ameri-bash? Get all the north americans together in one room. Although I think there's a bit more distance involved in ours.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8991 on: December 15, 2018, 08:47:29 PM »
I don't know about Valhalla, but on Thursday morning this week I entered Whamhalla! (Perhaps this post should have gone in the Unhappy thread, but it is a silly game so, happy, I guess.)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8992 on: December 15, 2018, 09:31:56 PM »
I don't know about Valhalla, but on Thursday morning this week I entered Whamhalla! (Perhaps this post should have gone in the Unhappy thread, but it is a silly game so, happy, I guess.)

You can do it Padre! The song by Johnny cash ‘25 minutes to go’comes to mind. 👀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVjyPHZyRsE
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #8993 on: December 17, 2018, 08:32:58 AM »
So when are we arranging Ameri-bash? Get all the north americans together in one room. Although I think there's a bit more distance involved in ours.

Last year Warlord (you know, our moderator from Australia, not Austria !) attended the Eurobash.
Stop whining and start planning.  :closed-eyes:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #8994 on: December 18, 2018, 03:11:59 AM »
Look that's all well and good, but some of us are poor millenials trying to survive off coffee scraps and wild maple syrup. Sadly paddling to Belgium is not a great option, or I would have done it already.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #8995 on: December 18, 2018, 08:35:16 AM »
Be glad. Otherwise, half of the MENABA region would be wanting to paddle your way.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8996 on: December 19, 2018, 01:37:08 AM »
This is our 3rd cat. Was feral, took 6 months to get to trust us. Became the most loving cat in the world. We moved, could only take 2 cats and so betrayed this hard earned trusting cat to the humane society for adoption. Didn’t think it would take long and in 2 weeks they called. I expected the first refusal of adoption but was told he wasn’t getting along with anyone and was booked for the gas chamber in 2 days. Quick thinking on my wife’s part and we took him back to become the ‘shop’ cat at work. Now lives in my workshop till we get a home where he can join us.  Humane society did a favour and neutered him, microchipped him and vaccinated him for $30 bucks because we were taking him back. His name is Stanley.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8997 on: December 19, 2018, 02:32:23 AM »
Look that's all well and good, but some of us are poor millenials trying to survive off coffee scraps and wild maple syrup. Sadly paddling to Belgium is not a great option, or I would have done it already.
Oh my, send me your address, and I'll send coffee for Christmas!  At this late hour, it might not arrive until after the fact. :icon_lol:

As for a North American WFB Bash, we had the WFB New England Bash at least twice, maybe 3 years, in a row at one point.  The first had a lone game of WFB, and a 4 player Mordheim game going, 6 attendees in total.  The 2nd, (we might have done this twice, my recollection is foggy) featured 8 or 9 players, one even came up from New Jersey, 5 from Maine, featured a round robin 3 round tourney in a hobby shop in Attleboro Massachusetts.  Fun times!

Maybe we can plan something for 2020? Maybe.  Too much happening in 2019 for me at the moment.

However, I might be at Cold Wars, Historicon, or Fall-In this year.  And definitely will be at Huzzah! 2019 in Maine, probably GMing a 3 round Lion Rampant, maybe an Astounding Tales scenario or something.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #8998 on: December 19, 2018, 11:32:47 AM »
I remember Obi from the Netherlands attending the American bash...
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8999 on: December 19, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »
Yes, he most definitely did. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

He's a good guy and I wonder how things are going for him.  He must have graduated past his college years by now.