home

Author Topic: Moriar's Nuln Army  (Read 36897 times)

Offline monkeyboy1989

• Members
Re: Moriar's Nuln Army
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2008, 09:09:32 PM »
I love the mounted guy with the Hammer and the pistoliers.

Have to ask though, how do you get decent close up pics, mine are always crap, could be cos my camera is rubbish tho...
I'm 96% sure that every time someone fields the War Altar Games Workshop set fire to a little puppy.

Offline Moriar

• Members
    • http://www.facebook.com/martindahl2
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2008, 07:40:50 AM »
If you have a digital camera of 3mp or more you should be able to take decent pictures with it, but you have to put it on the right settings. Most cameras on a normal setting will have problems focusing below 0.5meter (2"). After that you need good lighting, but direct lamps and sunlight will make the model "shine" so thats no good either. Take loads of pictures! its a digital camera after all.

Oh and a steady hand. At such close ranges even a slight shake will make the picture look groggy.
My Nuln army painting log
And the generals gave thanks. As the other ranks, held back the enemy tanks! For a while. -Pink Floyd

Offline Marshal Gerhardt

• Members
Re: Moriar's Nuln Army (update August 5th 2008)
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2008, 08:47:59 AM »
That's one good loking army, the brighter accent colours on the characters really make them stand out. Hope my army will look like this one day  :biggriin:
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness
Nor the arrow for its swiftness
Nor the Warrior for his glory
I love the homeland which they defend.

Offline BTJ

• Members
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »
I guess thats the curse of buying new stuff before the old is done.

Tell me about it, last year just after the release of the new empire book I got a sudden unexpected financial boost and bought 2000 points of empire in one go, built it all and thought OH MY GOD I'm never going to paint all that, and about a month ago I picked up a paint brush and started climbing a warhammer mountain, and since then I have bought a greatsword command, a unit of knights, Kurt Helborg and Ludwig Schwartzhelm is currently on his way from ebay, I don't think I have a single finished unit. Still thats what summer holidays are for :icon_biggrin:

Hmmm maybe I should start a blog of my efforts to paint it all.

Just had another look at the steam tank very sexy!!, what's that like to build??? A lot of people say it is a pain in the arse, but it is a good model

I've got 4 steam tanks, 2 old ones, two new ones.

I only built one of the old ones, and i was 13 at the time and it was hard. I've built the 2 new one s i own and one of them went together in about 30minutes without a problem, really nice lines on it, the other was a total dog and has broken twice (even with pinning!)

With the big metal models i've found it can purely come down to the cast.

Funnily enough the steam tank that put together easily also performs better on the battle field. Its good fun taking an army with 4 steam tanks. lol

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 06:38:53 PM »
That priest looks insane with the warpaint:::cheers:::

The idea of the warpaint was from a bi-series of the Norwegian version of Conan the Barbarian comic. It was called Blodøks (Bloodaxe). The setting was scandinavia during the middle ages with vikings fighting the armies of the pope. All the "heroes" in the pope's army had crosses painted over their faces. The drawings weren't great, but the comic itself was. Gotta dig that out one day and read through it again... :)
And the generals gave thanks. As the other ranks, held back the enemy tanks! For a while. -Pink Floyd

Offline Union General

• Members
  • Kicking butt since 1863.
Re: Moriar's Nuln Army (update August 5th 2008)
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
Wow!
Great job on the Knights (Try a brassy color for the barding  :wink:) and I absolutely love the Steam Tank.
Very nicely done!  :::cheers:::
I like your thinking  Mr. General  what a Genius

Offline Arcano

• Members
  • The one who Is, Was and always will be - Arcano
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 08:42:34 AM »
Besides the army not beeing done yet, i painted those red spearmen 5 years ago. The BSB i bought 3 months ago. I would love to get it all finished but i just keep working on everything at the same time. Like yesterday i was halfway done with a detachment when suddenly my outrider champ cried of for a HLR. So now hes got a grey plastic gun and the detachment is still not done. :)

Damn all those small men crying for attention all at the same time. I guess thats the curse of buying new stuff before the old is done.

Your not alone... im currently working on my Greatswords, Halberdier Detachment, Militia Detachment, General and some Knights... never get it done.
And btw, i love your banner painting, looks like the 'Eavy metal Banners (and that'a a compliment )
Arcano - Everchosen of Sigmar

Offline Moriar

• Members
Moriar's Nuln Army. Ogre unit fillers (Nov. 15th 2010)
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2010, 09:55:19 PM »
I know this is threadomancy, but still. I havnt painted a single mini for close to a year now and Im really longing for that kick in the butt to get me going again. Its just not there. Thats the way it is tho - since ive been in this hobby for 13 years now, I know...

Im hoping a couple of comments here might get me started. Thanks for any feedback!

Inspired by the mini i made for the miniature exchange ill post some ogre unit fillers i made for my halberdiers. Those who havnt seen the exchange mini, here he is:

The other two are here:

Offline Hendrid

• Members
Re: Moriar's Nuln Army. Ogre unit fillers (Nov. 15th 2010)
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »
Nice looking army, lots of character mixed in there. Like the use of Mordheim figs.

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 06:26:38 PM »
Thanks :) Havnt had much progress this year, but im hoping to get it ready for 8th sometime soon...

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2010, 09:20:24 PM »
Good to see you back in the game. I had to favourite this thread so I wouldn't have to keep trawling through to find it.  :-P

Seeing as how you got your camera going there, maybe you might be able to snap a pic of the 'surprise' sometime so I have it for posterity?  :engel:
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 09:35:52 PM »
Good to see you back in the game. I had to favourite this thread so I wouldn't have to keep trawling through to find it.  :-P

Seeing as how you got your camera going there, maybe you might be able to snap a pic of the 'surprise' sometime so I have it for posterity?  :engel:

I did that mate :) I could have sent you a msg, but i thought would keep checking the Pleasant surprise thread. Its in the 26th page. Link for you here http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33484.625

For those of you who wont be bothered to press the link over, heres the bad ass looking warrior priest Siberius sent me. Thanks alot  :happy:

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:39:54 PM by Moriar »

Offline noibn

• Members
  • Not Otherwise Identified By Name
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:54 PM »
Outstanding! 6K worth of empire, that's alot of plastic... =) I dread to count how much I've got myself, I'm guessing 4k but can't be sure since I canstantly keep adding to the pile with ebay finds and "must haves"

Anyways, great looking army.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »
I did that mate :) I could have sent you a msg, but i thought would keep checking the Pleasant surprise thread. Its in the 26th page. Link for you here http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33484.625

Doh! How did I miss it, I was checking fairly regularly, hehe. Thanks for doing that. I was a bit mortified when I realised I had forgotten to take a pic of it before I sent it.

Looking forward to seeing the ogres painted up too  :wink:.
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 02:30:45 PM »
And im back in the game. Finally after close to a year without opening a single pot of paint ive gotten my act together. The ogre unit fillers where an obvious first and second. Here they are in all their splendor. Im pretty pleased with them.

I see now that this guy forgot to brush his teeth...  :blush:

His gnoblar friend where too short to join the imperial army. Its been many years since dwarfs and halflings was allowed, no wonder they dont let gnoblars in. Damn racist :dry:

A small treat so youll keep coming back in the following weeks. This is whats coming. I advise you to check out Dark apostles thread and his beautiful general on griffon. His inspired me to finish the gs work on mine.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Moriar's Nuln Army. Ogre unit fillers (Feb. 14th 2011)
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 02:59:42 PM »
Your Nulnogres are awesome.

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 03:00:25 PM »
Hmmmmmm! very nice. steveb

Offline Silvero

• Members
  • Commission painter, at your service!
    • https://www.facebook.com/HeyPaintIt/
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 03:13:39 PM »
Looking great! Have you been trying some highlight on puffy sleeves? The whole model looks good, but I would make some highlight on bleched bone...

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »

He looks male... but looking at it he is used to breast feed the goblin?

Otherwise awesome models and painting!!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 08:32:05 PM »
@Fandir: Thanks alot :)  :::cheers:::

Hmmmmmm! very nice. steveb
Im hoping that "hmmm" is the "i-just-got-inspired" type of "hmmm". Your work is inspiration to all of us! :happy:

He looks male... but looking at it he is used to breast feed the goblin?

Otherwise awesome models and painting!!

Damn, thats what my girlfriend says too!

Looking great! Have you been trying some highlight on puffy sleeves? The whole model looks good, but I would make some highlight on bleched bone...

Thanks for the feedback! I always hope noone discovers my secret dont highlight the black plan. And then you want me to highlight the bleached bone? Madness! I see what you mean and your correct it stands out alot on these pictures. Yes it would look better. Still i try to keep my units at a clean but simple tabletop level of painting. That way i can spend more time on the characters and the army as a whole. Oh and my sanity  :biggriin:

Offline McSheehy

• Members
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 08:51:52 PM »
I really love the ogres
They are both inspiring and depressing at the same time.

Inspiring because it shows me my idea of using them to fill in the ranks of my oop models for my Averland army can be done.
Depressing because I doubt I could make my look a fraction as good as yours do.

Great job.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
- Benjamin Franklin

Offline Moriar

• Members
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »
I really love the ogres
They are both inspiring and depressing at the same time.

Inspiring because it shows me my idea of using them to fill in the ranks of my oop models for my Averland army can be done.
Depressing because I doubt I could make my look a fraction as good as yours do.

Great job.

Thanks. It wasnt actually all that hard. I havnt done alot of GS work at all, just filled a couple of gaps here and there. This was one of my bigger projects. I think the best tip i can give is do small parts - like an arm - one at the time. That way you dont have to worry about messing up the work you have done allready. The puffy sleeves where really simple to be honest. Repositioning the hands and making the front of the jacket was the hard part.

Offline warsnail2

• Members
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 09:23:22 PM »
I really love the greatsword ogre!
I want one myself!

Offline fbjorn

• Members
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 09:45:47 PM »
I really really like your griffin.
 :eusa_clap:

fbjorn

Offline Vredesbyrd

• Members
  • Chair for the Public Misunderstanding of Magic
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 09:57:35 PM »
The griffon is looking good, will that be Countess Leibowitz on the back?

Impressed by the Ogres, I'd love a unit that looks like that.
My Nordland Empire Log
The Emperor's Schilling
Egregious Professor of Cruel and Unusual Geography