home

Author Topic: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS  (Read 263849 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Rumours and what's new to be expected of WAoS
« Reply #875 on: May 17, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »
Ha!  Chaos? Never! Absolutely love the models but chaos belongs underfoot 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #877 on: May 20, 2018, 06:38:10 PM »
We all know that the proper number of armies to have is however many you already have +1.

The new stormcast look pretty good. I saw a picture of them converted with normal looking human heads that looked pretty good. Like paladins or something.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #878 on: May 25, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
I love the new spell models. Purple Sun is lit! ::heretic::
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #879 on: June 01, 2018, 11:23:57 PM »

Kurdoss Valentian, the Craven King, is one of the named champions who leads Nagash’s Nighthaunt legions. Serving at the side of his master, the Mortarch of Grief, this arch-plotter and schemer is an incredibly astute – if embittered and cruel – commander. He’s also not afraid to smash some Stormcast skulls with that mace…

More Nighthaunt stuff on it's way, alongside a pretty big 40k update for stuff.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #880 on: June 04, 2018, 04:20:40 AM »
Nice model. I like. Now for the question of price... I know what I value that model at, but what does GW value it at?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

• Members
« Reply #881 on: June 04, 2018, 08:02:26 AM »
my guess would be at 25-30 Euro

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #882 on: June 04, 2018, 08:16:02 PM »
I'm not a fan but its an incredible sculp
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #883 on: June 04, 2018, 08:23:30 PM »
I myself really like the character himself, but I'd likely trim the two attendant wraiths and put them on separate bases.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #884 on: June 04, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
Nice model. I like. Now for the question of price... I know what I value that model at, but what does GW value it at?

At GW Australian prices, I don't think you'll be liking the price.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #885 on: June 05, 2018, 11:54:49 AM »
New edition starter box and supplements announced. It seems to be pretty much what I expected and wanted.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/05/soul-wars-announced/

The Malign magic box is almost tempting, but I will wait and see what people have to say about it.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 11:57:16 AM by Ursa Doom »

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #886 on: June 05, 2018, 12:17:47 PM »
Agreed!👆 I don’t think I can pass on this one. I have no death army models or a huge incentive ( not that I don’t love the models as well as chaos). I might just put them aside for someone who wants to collect. The stormcast, rules etc is what I’m thinking of.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #887 on: June 05, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »
Maybe you can find someone to trade your Nighthaunt for Stormcast?

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #888 on: June 05, 2018, 02:05:38 PM »
Maybe you can find someone to trade your Nighthaunt for Stormcast?
Excellent plan!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #889 on: June 05, 2018, 02:47:44 PM »
Sign. One more thing to add to the ever expanding want list. I'm still trying to save up for Forgebane and Silver Tower without totally killing my budget.

It's a good looking kit. That said, I think I like some of the other sets a bit more. If I can find someone to split it around here I might go in for the stormcast as well. The Nighthaunt look good, but it's not really an army I play. I might try and pick up some of the Nighthaunt heroes to paint up and collect, but the various troops don't super amaze me.

• Members
« Reply #890 on: June 05, 2018, 10:01:16 PM »
well in my community everybody wants the Nighthaunt trying to get rid of the Stormcast  :happy:

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #891 on: June 06, 2018, 12:30:53 AM »
The wraith things look almost spot on to Witcher 3 wraiths, especially with the color choices.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #892 on: June 06, 2018, 11:48:17 AM »
I like these starter sets A LOT. AoS is really going places. I think I'll start a Seraphon army soon. :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #893 on: June 06, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
Oh look! New Sigmarines yet again! Variant #26 -This time with a bit of added cloth and slightly different weapons! Amazing! (Sarcasm)

I like the Ghosts. They have a classic-fantasy feel to them. I might have to get them at some point via ebay.

Also these miniatures are for sale seperately now:
(and considering it's GW, the price is actually reasonable)

These undead models are in my opinion thus far the only really good looking AoS miniatures.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #894 on: June 13, 2018, 09:45:15 AM »
Most of the Warhammer Quest models are really cool.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #895 on: June 13, 2018, 12:48:00 PM »
That is true. Its so expensive in Aus though :-(
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #896 on: June 13, 2018, 08:13:30 PM »
The new Mortarch of Grief, and leader of the new Nighthaunt faction. Lady Olynder.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #897 on: June 14, 2018, 01:52:05 AM »
The new Mortarch of Grief, and leader of the new Nighthaunt faction. Lady Olynder.

Ah now we add a Noon Wraith eh. Feels more and more like the art design for the Nighthaunt stuff came after the design folks were playing plenty of Witcher 3.

I;m not saying they are bad, I quite like them. But the resemblance seems so spot on.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Online Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #898 on: June 14, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »
I don't know much Witcher myself, haven't played more then a few minutes, but your not the first person to say that. Normally I'd argue that a ghostie is a ghostie regardless of influence, except for the fact these generally do look pretty different from past GW ghosts. Not super different, but still not the same style.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #899 on: June 14, 2018, 12:49:27 PM »
I don't know much Witcher myself, haven't played more then a few minutes, but your not the first person to say that. Normally I'd argue that a ghostie is a ghostie regardless of influence, except for the fact these generally do look pretty different from past GW ghosts. Not super different, but still not the same style.

The core wraiths just have a few elements in their design that look like Witcher game ones and it is those and the paint scheme that really make it. This Mortarch of Grief though is quite clearly a Noonwraith, which though is a thing in eastern European folklore, I've not seen anywhere outside the Witcher setting. Where the folkloric one has varied tales about it the Witcher setting ones are the spirits of young women that are tragically killed or commit suicide over some loss. Also much is attached to these events involving a bride to be so they often appear to wear bridal regalia:veils, flowers, white gowns, and so forth.

GW has always been big on the homage game, though sometimes poorly where it bleeds into more the ripped off end. The line between these is basically dependent on the viewer of course. Fluff wise I'll probably dislike whatever GW dreams up for these Nighthaunt types, probably more to the setting and painful AoS naming conventions, but I really like the minis which I think it hard not to say there has to be a bit of a Witcher connection here.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan