home

Author Topic: 10mm 3rd / 4th Edition Models  (Read 334 times)

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
    • https://www.facebook.com/michael.stockin.18/
10mm 3rd / 4th Edition Models
« on: April 04, 2024, 01:17:59 PM »
Our WFB games are based on the 3rd Edition Lists, but with war machines and a few fancy units from 4th if they are easy to port back into 3rd edition rules.

Mostly Stirland but with some Talabheim mercenaries.

My favourite unit:

HELBLITZEN

The backbone of any Empire army, this unit of Halberdiers is the most distinguished of Stirland and has the honour of carrying the Elector Counts Battle Banner.

Lead by Heinz Krause who carries a shield blessed by a Sigmarite Battle Priest and wielding the mighty warmace ‘Zerschmettern’ they march into battle proud and unshakable.
Zerschmettern is imbued with a mighty power, such that when the need is most desperate, Heinz can call upon its ancient strength and deliver a blow of such immense force that nothing can withstand it.
Only on three occasions has the need been so great to call upon its might, but each time it has not failed to crush its target, so is Heinz known by his lads as ‘The Blacksmith’.

Otto Venkel, like Heinz is a veteran of many battles and it is his sworn and most sacred duty to carry the Elector Counts Battle Banner.
The banner carries the Royal Crest of Haupt-Anderssen and since it has been in the charge of Otto, the unit has never been been defeated in combat, even when outnumbered and indeed outmatched, the flag and all it signifies drives the unit onward with such force that the enemy are always pushed back.

Young Karl Der Schwoff is the units drummer and such is his exemplary skill with the drum, which is said to be covered in the skin of slain Undead Troll, that they are ever marching true and bravely, and as long as the drum drum drum is heard, the unit will never falter or back down.

Now having said all that, and despite what an elite unit they are, they are after all still Stirlanders.
Many of the lads just signed up for the promise of a warm meal each day, more than many got when working the vineyards or logging in The Great Forest.
As such, they guard their stores very closely, so much so that they will often bring it into battle with them, rather than risk it left with the baggage train.
Of course being prudent lads, they have a small banner that stays with the food which should the unit ever need to retreat or fall back, they can rally around the supplies as easily found by locating the banner.

The above are 3d prints.

KANONE

Yes, the people of Stirland are poor, remarkably poor.

But the nobles less so, and some of the boats of the Stir River Patrol have cannons on their decks!!

Within Stirland the various landed nobles of significant wealth are each responsible for having and maintaining a certain number of cannon each.
This is slowly turning into a sort of competition in which the nobles trying to garner favour from Alberich Haupt-Anderssen.

As such they invest what they have into making sure they have at least one very nice pretty artillery piece, this concentration of monies means of course the peasants and regular troops get less funding.

And as you can see, some manage the maintenance better than others…

The above are a mixture of 3d prints for kanones and metal historical models with added feathers to make them more imperial looking.

THE ORDER OF THE BLACK ROSE

Originally founded during the time of the Three Emperors as the bodyguard of the would-be Emperor, the Elector Count of Stirland, the Order of the Black Rose have a long and chequered history, famously changing allegiance no less than three times in the fragmented wars in which they were founded.

Currently they are loyal to Elector Count Alberich Haupt-Anderssen, Grand Count of Stirland, Prince of Wurtbad and Overlord of Sylvania as the threat of undead upheaval seems to be stronger than normal, and being devotees of Morr their allegiance lies foremost for those who face the threat from the undying.

The above are conversions from historicals, I had to chop the front of the helms off and add skulls fronts sliced from undead.
I added wreaths and feathers to the helmets, added shields, and added barding to some and where those already had it I added hourglass and skull motifs.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 01:24:55 PM by Mike Stockin »

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
Re: 10mm 3rd / 4th Edition Models
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 06:51:09 AM »
 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

It's hard to believe these are just 10mm models.

Please, give us more eye-candy and stories!

-Zyg
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 08:40:12 AM »
Thanks!!
To be honest, they are 12mm but back in the day Pendraken called their fantasy models 10mm, but after a few years of people saying they are bigger than their historicals which they also call 10mm, they started calling them 12mm, which they actually are.
I guess it is no different to 25/28mm?

Old hobbits die hard.

I have a battle report here>>  https://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=56655.msg1097829#msg1097829

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 09:18:27 AM »
AVERSGARD

Just as the Reiksgard are veteran soldiers who make up the infantry contingent of the Imperial guard, the Aversgard do this for Alberich Haupt-Anderssen.

Taking their name from the mighty river Aver they are lead by Captain Eduard Lehrer a former soldier of the Stir River Patrol.

A few years back, one night whilst camped on the edge of The Great Forest a small bear wandered into their camp, it was wounded and seemed distressed. Why else would it come so close to so many mighty warriors?

Come the morning the bear was still with them and there was no sign of its mother.
So, they adopted it and it has been the regimental mascot ever since.

His name is Sanfter Ben.

The above are converted historical metals.
I 3d printed a tonne of feathers and stuck them on the helmets.
The unit leader is a 3d print, the bear is a metal model and the handler a conversion.

Offline Count James

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2024, 04:56:15 PM »
These really are excellent, and you paintjob makes them look so good! Colour me impressed (in green and yellow!)

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2024, 05:30:10 PM »
Thank you!!

:biggriin:

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2024, 05:44:05 PM »
HELBLITZEN

The backbone of any Empire army, this special unit of Halberdiers has been raised from the The Auld Ryding itself.

Lead by Heff Der Mull a poacher turned watchman turned Sergeant.
Heff never really intended to join the local garrison of halberdiers, but then not much of his life turned out as he planned.
Still at least he gets regular wage and a clean (ish) bed each night to sleep in.

The units banner, the banner of Stoodhof no less, is proudly carried by Heff’s twin brother, Spider.
Much like his brother, this is not where he planned on being, but it is better than before when he seemed to spend a lot of time in the pillory.

Having faced nothing more than the odd bandits or small rather weak raiding party of goblins, they are yet to properly prove themselves in battle,
But they do have a special banner don’t they.

TALABHEIM ALLIES/MERCENARIES.

ERZATSOLDER

Despite the less than cordial relationship Stirland has with its neighbour Talabecland, money is money and as such the Elector Count Alberich Haupt-Anderssen, Grand Count of Stirland, Prince of Wurtbad and Overlord of Sylvania has hired some Talabheim artillery.
Part of the contract of hiring them was that a regiment of Talabheim Ersatzsolder must also be hired to protect the artillery from harm.

As such the forces of Stirland have a regiment of pikemen amongst its number.

MORRSLIEBS MARAUDERS

(Martyn’s Marauders or Morrsliebs Marauders)

This band of Ogre mercenaries are led by Martyn the Magnificent.
He strides into battle, at the centre of Morrsliebs Marauders, his brightly polished armour gleaming, his huge two handed war cleaver swinging and his personal back banner of gold and the blackest ash.

Morrsliebs Marauders are the most magnificent of all the ogre mercenary c
ompanies as they are well trained and disciplined.

Their bright (garish?) scarlet uniforms bind them together as a true unit of soldiers and Garak the Blind carries the company banner which features a stylised motif of Morrslieb and is adorned with a silver and gold relief of the dread moon itself. (Oh and some enemy heads hang off it too).

Metal models with a handpainted banner that took FOREVER, but looks pretty sweet.

DEATHJACKS

The Deathjacks are renowned archers who can track a foe at speed through any forest. First recorded on the Wurtbad roll of honour in the year 2004, the Deathjacks were hired to scout ahead of the main Stirland army during the civil war between the Three Emperors. The Deathjacks have continued to be of service to the Empire, ambushing opposing scouts and finding hidden paths from which to take the foe unaware.

Used to fending for themselves, the Deathjacks have been dubbed the Mutton-sticker or Thievingjacks by their own comrades, as baggage trains and supplies mysteriously go missing in their presence. All is forgiven, when the archers return from a scouting mission, waving their banner to signify enemies ahead, or blaring the all-clear on their hunting horns.

Again, metal models with 3d printed feathers attached.

Offline Count James

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2024, 10:16:22 PM »
Those Talabhiem Erzatsolder are especially excellent, very crisp!

Where do you get the feathers from? I could really use a couple of dozen, my rescued joblot models didn't come with many :(

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2024, 08:13:28 AM »
I had a 3d printer until it broke, I just placed a load of 3d models with feathers on their heads below the print bed so just the feathers showed and printed a load of them.
If you don't have a printer then anyone on etsy could help...

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 12:45:55 PM »
Not that I have Warhammer Fantasy Battle in 10mm on the brain or anything...

But we have invested in mug printing stuff and today with tech help from Samantha, I printed this:

Offline Mike Stockin

• Members
  • 10mm Warhammer
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2024, 03:43:49 PM »
Montin's Red Cuffs.

Halfling Scouts.