home

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer  (Read 21719 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Total War: Warhammer
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 10:14:44 AM »
Need new computer. Have kidney

Better than vice versa, I suppose...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Warhammer-Weib

• Members
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 10:38:50 AM »
Rhaegal might be the right trading partner then.   :dry:

He is back on renal dialysis and in hospital undergoing surgery today due to failure of his donor kidney.   :dry:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:02:31 AM by Warhammer-Weib »

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 01:49:27 PM »
From TW Center:

Originally Posted by Will CA
As this isn’t just a CA game, regretfully there are no plans to support modding for Total War: Warhammer.

So this coupled with the most likely dreadful DLC whoring, I think it best to temper one's expectations.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »
My only hesitation (and it is slight) is the fact that it will be a real time game like medieval 2 total war. I really enjoy turn based games of the XCOM variety. So far Mordheim City of the Damned hasn't grabbed me by the throat like I hoped it would (it's still in development). I'm sure GW doesn't want to duplicate the table top game on the computer though so I'm betting that is why we have never gotten a great turn based game.

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 03:21:22 PM »
WHAAAAAAT!!!

No ELVES!?!  I thought GW LOVED elves???

Well, I guess they could always make an appearance.  Something like you play the entire game, Empire and Dwarfs vs O&G and VC, then at the very end of the game Chaos will stroll in and kick everyone's butts and then at the last minute, the elves will appear steal everyone's power and then die to chaos...  :dry:

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »

He is back on renal dialysis and in hospital undergoing surgery today due to failure of his donor kidney.   :dry:

Sorry to hear that he is in hospital.  Wish him well from us!

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »

Oooh, that sucks.  I hope all goes well for him!   

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
GW talked to Zak and was convinced elves suck   :-P .........im sure supplements will come out if this thing takes off. I got an email form GW today showing the trailer and bragging how close the images and table top models are so similar, again it leads me to think this is an attempt to create or help generate more enthusiasm for the Table top game... which if  the game is great ( cross my figures) I think it will do that. 
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 04:26:10 PM »
Yeah, I got the same email.  I think you're right, it just seems like and odd time to be pushing table top characters like KF, right after they killed them all off in ET.  Maybe there's hope that they aren't gone for good?  Maybe?   :unsure:

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 05:32:17 PM »

That's a shame to hear. :unsure:  He'll be in my prayers.

WHAAAAAAT!!!

No ELVES!?!  I thought GW LOVED elves???

Well, I guess they could always make an appearance.  Something like you play the entire game, Empire and Dwarfs vs O&G and VC, then at the very end of the game Chaos will stroll in and kick everyone's butts and then at the last minute, the elves will appear steal everyone's power and then die to chaos...  :dry:

There's two expansions on their way, I bet the first one will feature high, dark and wood elves(probably Skaven too) to make up for the non-elfiness of the initial game.

GW talked to Zak and was convinced elves suck   :-P .........im sure supplements will come out if this thing takes off. I got an email form GW today showing the trailer and bragging how close the images and table top models are so similar, again it leads me to think this is an attempt to create or help generate more enthusiasm for the Table top game... which if  the game is great ( cross my figures) I think it will do that.

Indeed, in the comment section of the trailer I saw many people curious about the warhammer world and it's lore (when they weren't whining and saying R.I.P. total war). This is a excellent opportunity to expand the player base, let's hope CA does the franchise justice and bring in the masses to the glory of warhammer.  :::cheers:::
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »
I think the choice of armies is quite good. Skaven would have been another option, but you can't have everything.

The inclusion of dwarfs may go a bit against the fluff if there are tons of pitched battles on open ground. Brets would have been better, but I guess the designers did not want another human army.

Offline Rune

• Members
  • - Fullplates and halberds -
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 08:03:58 PM »
--tomorrow a movie!
The most accurate thing anyone ever uttered about Hobbit 3 was that it was the best Warhammer movie ever made.

So there.

Anyways - I've never played a Total War game but I think that fact is about to change. :-)
"Oh, to hades with the manners... He is a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De'Arnise

The Imperial duchy of Grandbelos
Wolfenstein, the Cult of Ulric
Magocracy of Arcanschloss

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »
yeah Hobbit three could defiantly be considered the first Warhammerish style movie
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 11:00:43 PM »
I imagine this one will be set in the Empire and surround area, primarily from the races involved.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Lustria expansion, in a similar vain to discovering the Americas in Medieval II. Game would feature Lizards, High Elves and Dark Elves at a guess :unsure:
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »
I'm kind of glad they went for VC, Empire, O&G and Dwarves. It means the scope of the game will be localised, probably limited to the Empire including sylvania, surrounding Dwarf mountains, and maybe the badlands, which might indicate that they're not biting off more than they can chew.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 12:09:50 AM »
I'm sure there will be plenty of bite sized DLC planned alongside the main game though. I wouldn't bet against elven armies being released not long after launch.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 12:33:42 AM »
Agreed, that seems quite likely.

Offline Dotification

• Members
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 06:58:30 AM »
I'm guessing the standalone DLC they've mentioned will be Elves & Skaven.  I would get a kick out of Chaos being a NPC faction, their edgelord players would pitch a fit.

Dwarfs are an odd choice for being in the main 4 to start.  It seems hard to get them to out of their mountain keeps, why would they want to conquer any land beyond?  Slayers & gyrocopters would make for good allies of the Imperials.

Offline Krokz

• Members
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 07:31:36 AM »
I guess they want to keep it as close to mainstream fantasy as it can get. Orcs, humans, dwarfs -> LOTR/Hobbit. Undead are kind of everywhere in fantasy. Of course we miss elves, but there will be two stand alone expansions and elves seem like a perfect incentive to buy them. Chaos needs to be implemented too.

Skavens are probably a nightmare design wise as non Warhammer people just see them as rat zergs. They would repel more players to the game than attract.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:35:03 AM by Krokz »

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 01:25:01 PM »
Personally, I think that Elves, Ogres and Lizardmen would be some of the best expansion armies to play.  Their play style is so vastly different from other armies, that they would make a good addition.  I agree that Skaven may turn people off to the game and we already have a swarm army in Goblins.

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »
The big question is "when?" .

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »
I can see Ogres piling in from the east, drawing some parallels to Genghis Khan and the Mongols in Medieval II. A lot of room for potential DLC.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline psychichobo

• Members
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2015, 01:58:33 AM »
Personally, I think that Elves, Ogres and Lizardmen would be some of the best expansion armies to play.  Their play style is so vastly different from other armies, that they would make a good addition.  I agree that Skaven may turn people off to the game and we already have a swarm army in Goblins.

I doubt Skaven would turn people off, they're suitably uniqure and interesting enough to warrant including. I'd argue they're one of the most iconic races of Warhammer to be honest.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2015, 11:58:50 AM »
Just wondering... A) will it be better than Rage of Dark Gods for Medieval 2 and B) how many DLC's will we have to buy to enjoy the full game? Rome 2 started with 8 factions and ended up with 117. Some of them were free, but still...

Also inb4 High Elves will be the strongest faction of all.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2015, 12:50:56 PM »
Just wondering... A) will it be better than Rage of Dark Gods for Medieval 2

One would hope so, as the mod is free, and the new game will probably be around 50 Euro or so. That said, I do not pay more than 15 Euro for a game - even if it means I have to wait a couple of years.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)