home

Author Topic: 6th ed - starting replaying the best edition  (Read 27931 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: 6th ed - starting replaying the best edition
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »
I have 6000 pts Skaven painted...

……………. but by whom?       :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2019, 01:36:20 PM »
I have nothing but awe and admiration for a whole gaming club deciding to resume 6th edition, and salute their decision! But...

(and this is the part that gives truth to the saying, courtesy of Eddard Stark, that nothing said before the word "but" really matters...)

This is mainly directed not at FR1DAY & co, but rather at us who cheer them on from the sidelines, very much including myself.

I do think we're thinking of 6th edition in a rose-tinted, nostalgic way. I know I do, or did, since 6th edition is when I got into this glorious madness that is fantasy mass battle wargaming. We remember 6th edition fondly for all that was good about it, especially on points where later editions were a change for the worse. What we don't remember so clearly, but would remember acutely if we played it ourselves, is everything that was so-so:

-Terrain rules that basically reduced to passable terrain, impassable terrain and terrain that's effectively impassable to all but skirmishers due to slowing you down so much. Oh, and hills that gave LOS over things not on them in far from clear ways.

-Magic rules that favoured an all-or-nothing investment

-Game balance that was ok for the most part, but had entire swathes of clearly underpowered unit entries within books, and a few books or compositions that were utterly mental

-Range-guessing. While free measurement or not is a general topic of longstanding controversy among wargamers, 6th edition imposed far too severe consequences for estimating wrong, and gave far too big an advantage to the player who is better at eyeballing bees' dicks. It made the difference between being able and not being able to do things like place yourself in a position where you can charge but not be charged, or snipe monsters with a catapult.

-Core rank and file having so low damage output that there was hardly ever a reason to do anything else than go hand weapon + shield, trying to just survive and provide rank bonus. I died a little inside I'd see troops with spears or halberds not use them for this reason.

-The Steam Tank. Not due to being overpowered, but in being a textbook example in how to not do game design, having its own rules for everything, including things that the core rules were completely adequate for, breaking and nullifying all kinds of other effects in the process. Such as having hull points instead of toughness and armour, rendering all kinds of armour-negating effects irrelevant, when such should reasonably be the best thing to do against a frigging tank.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2019, 05:46:50 PM »
I have 6000 pts Skaven painted...

……………. but by whom?       :engel:

What does it matter ? Mine are painted.. They were when I bought them...

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline stareso

• Members
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2019, 08:56:54 AM »
Nice reports and thanks a bunch for posting them!

I also have to agree with von Richtmark on his assessment of 6th. I happened to start gaming during 5th ed., but 6th quickly followed and I have many fond memories of that time.

One of my main gripes - rules wise - really is the underdog that infantry was, compared to cavalry or monsters. I feel that the step-up rule from 8th is a huge improvement and makes (Empire) infantry so much more interesting. I also agree with the others that TVI tactics were really cool though.

I remember making a 36 strong halberd block, which was insanely large to our standards back then, and I beat a boar boy big 'un charge to the front because of the BSB with Griffon standard in there, but these gimmicks only worked once obviously. A more common example was this kind of block being flanked by fast cav and routed, infantry was too vulnerable in my mind, therefore being relegated to the role of anvil without bite (Chaos Warriors f.e. excluded). My 'elite' Greatswords very rarely got a swing in.

I do definitely agree with others in this thread too, that the vibe in 6th was great and the world was more down to earth and believable, yet still very much Warhammer. The models reflected this I think, if you look at Empire 6th ed. state troops, greatswords, flagellants for example, they are more wiry and realistically proportioned, without greatly oversized weapons. Very cool.

Fond times indeed! Our group (all 4th/5th veterans) still has most fun with the 8th ed. rules though, we just had a 5000pt battle last weekend and it was a blast. All WHFB is good WHFB though so by all means keep it coming!!  :biggriin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »
Looks like what, an 8 ft table? Seems like some good action going in the game. :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2019, 04:47:35 PM »
Thanks guys, it was fun.
GP - yes an 8FT table, it was pretty full but still had some space. They were two very high model count armies though. Would need to be 10FT for more points.
Konrad - I very much take your points on board, though I don't completely agree with all of them. Now that we have moved massively past competitive game 6th (though there are starting to be some 32 player tournaments around here going on this year) I fell some of the worst excesses of the game have passed. I do very much view the game with Rose tints, I loved 6th Ed. I played a lot of games, I was working at GW whilst at Uni for a big chunk of its life so was playing 3-4 games a week, all to a good standard, not just the kids. Also Rufus, myself and even Midaski were going to big tournaments both home and aboard. They were halcyon days!

On your points:
1) Terrain. WFB is not 40K its not about loads of terrain and the game is abstract, not TLOS. A hill lets you see over anything as its a hill and hills are bigger than both trees and houses. Just because the 'model' hill isn't. Woods do stop ranked units marching through them, but not skirmishers (or halflings ranked up :wink:) that's what happens IRL. Most of the field should be clear. I find the terrain rules okay, and even use the terrain tables at the end of the rule book to generate the table. In the game pictured we have a couple of hills, a building in middle, a building to some side and a couple of woods. Just enough to give you some tactics, but not enough to clog the game up. Ranged attacks aren;t that deadly generally so having the abilitly to see move thinks isn't a problem, like it would be in 40k or even AoS.

2) Magic. We have a no dispell scroll rule generally. I used the seal of destruction in a 6000pts game and nothing more. It lets the magic flow a bit more but it does reward having more wizards within out the boring 2 turns shut  out of 2 level 1's with 4 scrolls. This does help.

3)Game balance is good, only having 4 characters up to 2999pts is a real limit and makes you take loads of troops as the special and rare are limited as well.

4) Guessing ranges IS 6th ed. all that 2D6 charge bullshit. It is a skill and a very important one. In the game my opponent thought his rat ogres were out of range of the flagellants to charge, but was wrong, and got 7.5" charged. That is tactics and the closer to the limit you take it the bigger the chance of getting it wrong. But your opponent also has to risk it, as if your 8.25" away your fucked, stranded in front of your intended victim.  I will caveat this by saying i am very good at guessing ranges, just from playing so much. Random charges suck, skill should win games. Also we don't allow cannon sniping of lone characters as its not in, what we feel, is the spirit of the game. Please insert the Duke of Wellingtons quote here.

5) This is one area i do fully agree with you. I to like the step up rule to always let units attack back. It makes sense to me, and gives units some teeth. This is one I am working on bringing it to all our game. I didn't like the fight in 2 ranks rule from 8th. I felt that was part of the move to bigger units (selling more models focus) of 8th and was eventually what killed WFB  :icon_cry: Step up gives the basic troops, something you can and have to  take lots of in 6th a role and chance.

6) I also agree on this one. I took one in a 6000pts game as it seemed to be big enough, fluff wise, to have a steam tank, but wouldn't take one to a 2000pts game. It's pretty hard core. However, like everything, if you know how to deal with it is isn't that hard to kill. I faced one in a 2000pts game recently, with my DOW army (massively bottom tier army) and killed it turn two no problem. Characters or monsters with GW make a mess of it. I just blocked it with some light cav moving up to an inch from it. This negates its charge impact hits, then charged it with three basic ogres with GW. They knocked the shit out of it in a turn. Once its degraded its difficult to do much with due to the steam points mechanic.
Though to be fair, when it first came out in 2004, people would openly come up to me in tournaments and say if we'd got drawn against one another then they wouldn't play the game. So the opinion at the time was against it. It's for fun big games for me. Then there is plenty of stuff that can kill one tank.

Lastly i'd like to add that 6th ed plays really quickly and involves rolling not that many dice, in parts due to issues mentioned above. Particularly compared to current 40k which involves rolling a shit load of dice, then re rolling them for a multitude of reasons. Getting D3 re rolls for 2nd sign is a massive thing in 6th. Really useful.

Just my two pence worth.

Peter, lets play 6th Ed at Eurobash. 4000pts is a good point. Should be do able in 4 hrs easily.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2019, 05:13:58 PM »
We've got a full day of gaming at the club this sunday, 10-5, so have moved my game to then from last Monday as my opponent has man flu apparently. Running scared more like!  :icon_twisted:

Here is my TVI list i'm going to take. 2500pts. 4 character, 4 special and 2 rare and a load of troops to pick from if you cant remember.

EC - AWH, FPA, GW, Sh and holy relic
Capt - AWH, FPA, GW and enchanted shield
Capt - Pegasus, FPA, Sh and Lance
Wizard - Level 2 Rod of power

1st Battalion
30 swordsmen with FC - Griffon Banner
12 FC and 5 Archers
5 Pistolier
Cannon

2nd Battalion
28 Swordsmen with FC
11 FC and 5 Archers
5 Knights
Mortar

3rd Battalion
28 Swordsmen with FC
11 FC and 5 Archers
5 Knights
Mortar

5 Huntsmen
HBVG
6 KoWW IC with FC war banner

2499pts

Its a classic 3 battalion TVI list. EC in one 28 man unit and captain in other. 30man unit with griffon banner can take care of themselves. Each with a cavalry and artillery support unit and skirmisher screen. The 11 FC detachments are just due to points. The huntsmen are there to march block and HBVG and koWW are fun additions to make it up that extra 500pts.

I promise pictures and a write up!

So why you complaining!

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2019, 08:14:51 PM »
Fr1day, you're right, most of the flaws with 6th edition can be mitigated by playing with the right people with the right attitude. All things considered too, I concur with you that 6th edition is still the best edition there has been. Personally, I have happily established myself in T9A, I think it's even better than 6th edition, it manages imho to incorporate the good about 8th edition while curbing its excesses. I skipped 8th edition entirely myself, but as far as I can tell, what ruined it was (for the most part) not the core rules per se but rather the army books, the way GW cranked up pay-to-win through overpowered new releases. 8th edition core rules with 6th edition army books and 6th edition revised magic lores could have been a good edition, I think. That and the most common house rules, such as steadfast being negatable through flanking.

I think your defence of range-guessing is a bit inconsistent though. You call it tactics that you need to weigh the risk of estimating a range wrong. Is it not equally tactical to weigh the risk of rolling too little on the dice, against the rewards of success and the consequences of failure? It's risk management in both cases. The difference being is that with pre-measurement and random charge rolls, you know what the odds are, it's the same for every player in that same situation. With range-guessing and fixed charge distance, you can mitigate that risk by having a meta-gamistic skill at eyeballing ranges. I agree, skill should win games. Skill at making calculated decisions and knowing when taking a risk is worth it, which follows from being able to assess situations, see opportunities and predict multiple possible sequences of outcomes. And being able to effectively respond to unforeseen developments. I would rather have generalship be about that than being about eyeballing ranges, but your mileage may vary.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline The Black Knight

• Members
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2019, 11:34:23 AM »
I've always wieved the range-guessing of past editions as a game within a game. While it wasn't a very elegant rule and could lead to disagreements, I enjoyed it for the bit of immersion it provided (same goes for templates). That said, I also agree that pre-masuring everything is so much more convenient and easy to do. I'm torn on this!

"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2019, 01:12:53 PM »
On the range guessing it’ll bias, I’m good at it, that is an advantage, I like it.
I hate the randomness of 2d6. Ive out manoeuvred someone, and then roll a poxy 3 and then lose the unit to a counter charge. Doesn’t match narrative sense. Having fixed ranges, to me, does make sense.

So why you complaining!

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2019, 02:02:19 PM »
Peter, lets play 6th Ed at Eurobash. 4000pts is a good point. Should be do able in 4 hrs easily.

Allrigth then 5000 pts it is  :icon_wink:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2019, 05:52:25 PM »
Yeah, I'm actually rather biased too. I'm much better at doing quick and dirty head math over probabilities than I'm at eyeballing distances  :biggriin:

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #112 on: January 11, 2019, 07:27:48 AM »
I can do the maths but don’t like the randomness. A fixed distance is always the same, but a random distance, is well random.

So why you complaining!

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #113 on: January 11, 2019, 08:48:52 AM »
If it is dice rolled charges then you can go to the loo. If it is guessed distances, you can't, because the other player could do secret measuring. My bladder likes random, dice rolled charges!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #114 on: January 11, 2019, 10:37:28 AM »
Personally I think the pendulum needs to swing closer to the middle. 2d6 + M is too random, 2 x M is too fixed. Call it 2 x M + D3 and call it a day.

8th (and 9th age) attack in 2 ranks and steadfast are not my cup of tea.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2019, 05:37:47 PM »
8th (and 9th age) attack in 2 ranks and steadfast are not my cup of tea.

Drinking tea would mean MORE toilet breaks!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2019, 05:40:20 PM »
Steadfast is a blunt instrument, but given a false dichotomy between the two, I'd still prefer steadfast over not steadfast. Deep blocks should have an inherent staying power to them that's best overcome by the depth of an enemy block. It's a bandaid fix to a combat resolution system that was originally designed and intended for a game where 16 models was a big unit, only heroes had more than one attack, and being elite just meant having a single point more WS or armour.

Supporting attacks would have been fine if units had had 6th edition stats, but that combined with the stat inflation of 7th edition pushed elite unit killing power a tad too high. That has now been steadily toned down and nerfed in 9th Age, and while some hate it, I very much appreciate it.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2019, 12:10:39 AM »
In sixth Ed shifting a large amount unit was quite hard. You needed to overcome +4 combat resolution (3 ranks and outnumber) which is quite hard with only 5 or so attacks. Big units tended to need big units to take them down. 5 knights are going to do very little against a large unit of swordsmen or spearmen.

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2019, 09:44:53 AM »
In sixth Ed shifting a large amount unit was quite hard. You needed to overcome +4 combat resolution (3 ranks and outnumber) which is quite hard with only 5 or so attacks. Big units tended to need big units to take them down. 5 knights are going to do very little against a large unit of swordsmen or spearmen.
actually, 5 Knights in the flank of the big unit work like a charm.
whatever you kill does not return the favour, with 5 knight you negate ranks and only have a banner and outnumber against you while you have a flankbonus.

6th edition was not just a edition of combat resolution, it was the manouevring edition above all else. Use of detachments worked like a charm, cheap speedbumps, ideal to give direction to any attack on youre lines only waiting to be flanked in your own turn.

btw Knights have 10 attacks of which 5 from the horses, who traditionally do more damage then the riders.
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #119 on: January 14, 2019, 09:50:54 AM »
Big units are tough to shift from front. I played a game yesterday with the TVI list above against wood elves. During it my 30 swordsmen with EC on barded warhorse took the charge of a dragon and highborn and a treeman and eventually beat them off over four combat rounds. The EC tanked the dragon with a 1+ and a 4++ (which you take both rolls) and the treeman only has 5 attacks and a third of them miss. My guys picked off a couple of wounds here and there. This meant that the dragon and treemen kept losing by one or two points. They passed most break test on either a 8 or 9 due to the Ld10 general on dragon, but never won the fight.
This is exactly what 6th was created to do. Stop hero hammer with troops.
Pics up later.

So why you complaining!

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2019, 05:15:06 PM »
Here are some pic of yesterdays game. It was pretty close, though I had the initiative throughout I think. Could of gone either way right up to end.

2500pts Wood Elves

Highborn (general) on Dragon
Braithwitch
2 level 2 sorcerors
(it dawned on me mid game that he had 5 characters as the dragon counts as a hero)

2 x 6 glade riders
12 Dryads
11 dryads
3 x 3 Treekin
Treeman
Eagle

Quite a tough list i though. Massively smaller than mine models wise, but very hard hitting.
My army

Turn one and two (didnt take as many pics as I thought I had)

These pictures are turn two.
I went first with the +1 for deploying first. my army only has 9 drops.
I managed to take out a unit of glade guard with pegasus captain. the cannon killed the eagle and the pistoliers raced around a wood and shot one of the sorcerors (huzzah!)

One my left I used the huntsmen to block off the tree singing turn one, but sacrificed them charging the tree kind to allow me to charge my five knights into the flank to glade riders and KoWW into dryads. However, the huntsmen made their fear test, charged and got nearly destroyed, ran and brought the treekin closer to me (not the plan, 10 attacks hitting on 3's and killing on 2's should of destroyed them), the screening knights charged the gladeriders who fled as planned but the KoWW failed their fear test!
Wood elves generally advanced turn 1. Turn 2 they failed to rally the glade riders, didn't charge the drayds into an archer screen as it was to far to redirect onto my swordsmen, treekin charged the knights who fled, dragon crept around the flank. There was general moving woods around going off a little. My level 2 kept storing dice in the rod and managed to keep their magic under control all game.
Turn 3

KoWW passed both terror and fear test and charged the treekin in flank. The rest of my army is movign across the board to get to Wood elves after killing all the units in front of them. KoBS screen charge the glade riders routing them from the table.  KP screen unit rallied

The KoWW only did two wounds and lost one in return so didn't break the treekin with lord so close by. They lapped round.

Turns 4-6
The dragon and dryads charged and broke the swordsmen with captain after two rounds. Mainly as the dragon was in flank, negating ranks, and also as the dragon ate the unit champion on the first round, he then ate the captain in round two after some very bad save rolls by me.
The KoWW broke the unit of treekin in turn 4 then charged the next unit and fought them till round 6 when the pistoliers and KP charged in to finish it.
The pistolers managed to kill the other sorcerer after cornering her in a wood and rolling 6's to hit. 
Turn 5 I have a triple fail of fear tests to charge the fleeing dryads, the other small unit of and the treekin.
Turn 6 the pegasus captain charged the treeman in rear and fluffed all his attacks, however, the EC held on, wounded the dragon and made it flee in my turn 6, the stubborn treeman held but broke in wood elf turn 6 sealing the deal.
My artillery, apart from killing the great eagle, did very little. When the cannon hit the treeman he made his ward save.
My wizard, on his CV at least, said he knew 2nd sign of Amul, but never managed to roll over 4 on 2 dice to cast it so i'm not sure. But he did a super job of dispelling so i'll let him off.
Next game next Monday. I'm going to use the army of middenheim from the 2004 annual for a laugh. List up at some point soon.

So why you complaining!

Offline stareso

• Members
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2019, 08:58:35 AM »
Nice report! Good to see the TVI list doing well, good job  :happy:

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2019, 12:29:38 AM »
actually, 5 Knights in the flank of the big unit work like a charm.
whatever you kill does not return the favour, with 5 knight you negate ranks and only have a banner and outnumber against you while you have a flankbonus.

Of course knights in the flank of a large block were good at shifting them but,
A: It was quit difficult to get a knightly charge off against the flank of a large combat block of a well set up army
And
B: it is well recorded that attacking flanks of big combat blocked caused them to run.

My assumption that large combat blocks were difficult to shift in 6th edition remajns true. They tended to lack mobility and needed their flanks protected by something (detachments did this quite well) but 5 knights to the front would have little effect in on a large block.

Offline stareso

• Members
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2019, 09:04:25 AM »
I personally found that large blocks were easy to break, but I guess it is down to circumstance and personal experience. I fought Chaos a lot for example, both mortals and daemons. Most of their units were (and are) so killy that they cancel our static CR. A unit of 5 Chaos knights with banner charging one of my blocks usually generated more CR than my static 5 for example. Of course 5 vanilla empire knights are not going to do the same, but a unit of 9 + character might, and those are the ones you send in for frontal assaults.

I know you shouldn't consider these things in a vacuum (there is shooting, positioning, fleeing charges, etc. etc.) but your blocks will be getting charged obviously. I tried to offset these odds by including an EC with the Rod of Command for example, or using Greatswords with a BSB, but those are significant point investments leading to fewer and or weaker support units. In my experience I was systematically outfought, detachments were largely contained or destroyed and my blocks were sometimes lucky and sat there for 2 or 3 combat rounds but just as often lasted only one.

Is used to have a string of battle reports illustrating this quite clearly but they were hosted on the warhammer forum (.co.uk) which has been taken down unfortunately.

But that is just my experience!

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2019, 12:28:57 PM »
Interesting!

@FR1DAY, I'd say you had quite a strong first turn! Even though a wizardling and a small unit of fast cavalry are not that important units, the WElf player still started with less options than his original list had - and had to respond to your first turn activities. Winning the deployment and carrying the initiative are very strong - especially in pre-8th ed., where charges are guessed but their distance predictable (no random dice rolls).

About the longevity of big blocks (of Empire infantry) in the 6th, I think both stareso and commandant have a point. I remember how squishy the Empire infantry was when many in the front row died and there was little retaliation. I learned to fear those block-breaking units listed by stareso, especially small-medium Chaos Knights. The same holds true for some elite Elf units. They were kind of 6th ed medium deathstarts, at least when compared to Empire infantry blocks.

On the other hand, frontal charges by units mentioned by commandant were not so frightening, and against these kind of units, even the Empire Detachment game proved to have some effect. Getting a flank charge was always hard against a well-deployed opponent. I remember frequent success only against the O&G, who were shifted unplanned from their line because of their special rule, and because of the Stupidity of Trolls.

Indeed the balance of charge, striking first, retaliating and winning combat often seemed to hang by the thread in the 6th and 7th ed, unless the points invested in the fighting units were very different (or some or the other of the army books served combat-winning units on a golden plate). This often made the game delightfully maneuver-oriented. The 8th ed, by allowing measurement and removing Unit Strength and adding Steadfast, made these things much more predictable. That kind of game sort of required dice-rolling the charge distance.

Kings of War has possibly found the perfect balance with more fixed unit sizes, pre-measurement and the effect of flank charges. Although Hail Caesar and Shadow Storm are good candidates too (haven't played enough to reach a conclusion). It seems we're still living the Age of Priestly & Cavatore.  :icon_razz:

-Z
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 12:31:58 PM by Zygmund »
Live in peace and prosper.