home

Author Topic: A Present To You: Crisis In Marienburg  (Read 26455 times)

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Re: A Present To You: Crisis In Marienburg
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2008, 12:10:11 PM »
Yes, I know what you mean... I'd like to start a greenskin army too, but at the moment it's just too expensive. And then there's the fact that I still haven't found a good shop in my area after the one where I always went closed... Ah well. Dwarfs were my first choice for a second army, but after playing with them a few times I've got to admit I don't overly like them. Besides, I hate the anvil (the movement rune, at least) and their engineers (how come they get some useful engineers and we don't?), so it'd be a bit hypocritical to start with them right now.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 07:12:04 PM »
I'm not a fan of dwarves, their lack of "real" magic just seems to turn me off them. I like to play armies with as many tactical options as possible so nullifying an entire phase isn't good.

Greenskins is great  :lol:, my bro and I both bought B4SP, and swapped armies (I got all the gobbos, he got the dwarves) which gave me a great platform from which to develop a night goblin horde. I got a few bits of artillery to finish the army off for Christmas, why can't Empire have 2 for 1 warmachine!!!

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 08:00:04 PM »
why can't Empire have 2 for 1 warmachine!!!
2 for 1 cannons would be nice  :happy:

Although the War Altar, 2x Steam Tank 8x Great Cannon list wouldn't be well recieved
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2008, 08:34:18 PM »
Cannons would be a bit harsh but Mortars would be more feasible. I'm not a fan of single stone throwers, their too inaccurate, but in pairs you can usually get one good scatter roll a turn, assuming your guess is good. The only thing is I can't bring myself to blow half my special slots on a couple of mortars and as a result I just end up never using them...

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2008, 01:13:19 AM »
We have strayed a bit from discussions of the campaign.  Hail, Calvin!  What say you?  Any new updates on this thing?  The mechanics and software can be a real struggle.  Is everything progressing along ok?

As far as Spiney's comments on the Animosity 2 Campaign that we completed in December, yes, we had some problems with a supercharged faction, and that can be trouble for a campaign.  We did not expect that one faction would dwarf all others, but there are ways to adjust the mechanics to balance things out.  I did not do that for the campaign, and I probably should have.  Regardless, it was fun, and there were some surprise endings to it all!

Anyway, I will not hijack the thread with all that.  How are things coming along, Calvin?

Goomb

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2008, 03:33:23 AM »
Work on the campaign has been going pretty good so far. We'll probably be releasing another update soon-ish, but at the same time we don't want to say too much this far ahead of the game.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2008, 10:13:11 AM »
Let's just say that work is progressing well with Calvin and the team producing some amazing stuff.

The point is that they have got going on it early to try and make sure nothing is rushed.

The 'engine' was a problem last time as someone outside the forum was trying to do it for us, and it didn't happen - Calvin has taken personal charge this time, and is sorting it.

Speculate all you want  :icon_wink: but titbits will be released at staged intervals to tantalise ................

... and the factions lists are looking really great and let's just say they are "refreshing opportunities" for all empire generals to play some diverse lists historically different to "today's" ED.7 standard lists.

One of the advantages of this current work, is that hopefully the team will be able to reveal the faction lists early enough for some great converting and modelling opportunities.
All I can say is that from what I have seen I am currently really stressed as to which faction I want to play as they all seem to have exciting unit and race combinations and modelling choices.

Has that made you even more frustrated to know what's happening .................

:engel:

Lord Midaski's propaganda expertise is available for hire by the faction with the most money.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 05:12:12 PM by . »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline McKnight

• Members
  • Its the No. of posts that make you a veteran-gamer
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »
Sounds fairly interesting, but we all know that the inquisition will hunt down... if i may use a orcish manner... Da Weetzes!
Its nice to have your presence Goomb. I didnt know orcs could be so.. civilised such as yourself (dont worry about threat hijacking, happens all the time :unsure::happy:

Also... Midaski i think that there are no larger coffin with gold than the one of the all mighty Sigmar's church. If there is not enough.. well then... We'll just make some more like we use to do! :::cheers:::

Anyways i cant speak for all of the sigmarites...
"Me? I'm practically perfect in every way!"- Rufas the eccentric.
Rufas had Two Ton Sally. I have Silicon Sally!
EuroBashes attended: 1

Offline Goomb

• Members
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2008, 03:06:06 AM »
Ah, McKnight, the civility will remain until we hit battlefield.  Then, there will be civility and a proppa gutting width meez big ol rusty choppa!

Actually, you will find that some of us over at Da Warpath are a good bunch.  We like to mix it up during campaigns, but we also make our contributions to the hobby and fluff. 

Anyway, good news then about the progress from the Developers.  Guys, I have been there myself, working like a dog trying to get the thing up and running, and you have chosen the right way to do it.  Leak little bits and keep us wanting more.  Good luck, gents!

Goomb

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »
Well, the fleet is ready to ail and defend the city. We'll take the fight to Altdorf itself if we have to.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »
Those are great  :ph34r:
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2008, 12:02:59 AM »
Thanks!

The big one is a resin cast, and the smaller ones are all from the Weapons & Warriors pirates game.

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2008, 05:45:35 AM »
Cool, another campaign! The last campaign here was fantastic, best I've participated in. I've been away from the site for a good year now, glad I've returned when I have.

Will I side with Talabecland again? Do I know how to spell Talabecland properly? These are the questions I must think about.
I've traveled all over this world, from Alabama to Louisiana, and one thing I've found is that people always want to do good.
--Maxwell Custer

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2008, 06:02:25 AM »
Good to see you again Carlo!  :::cheers:::

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »
Will I side with Talabecland again? Do I know how to spell Talabecland properly? These are the questions I must think about.
1) Of course.
2) Perhaps not at the moment, but with proper thought training and strict discipline we'll train you to do it. :-D

Welcome back, Carlo.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Carlo Chaimo

• Members
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2008, 12:27:20 AM »
Thanks for the welcome back guys.

1) Of course.
2) Perhaps not at the moment, but with proper thought training and strict discipline we'll train you to do it. :-D

Welcome back, Carlo.

I've actually been slowly building up an Empire army over the past year, so no Bretonnia for me this campaign (the Imperial camp wouldn't have been my thing anyway). I had been painting my Empire troops up Hochland, so it is fortunate that I have started with the red first, and have only done green on one halberd unit, so turning them Talabec won't be hard at all. Since we are dealing with a kinder gentler Talabecland I think that I will theme the army around the Knights of the Stag and Taal themes. After, presumably, being suppressed for so long under Ulrican prejudice it is time for nationalistic Talabecers to rise up and restore their ancient traditions as they war with Middenland's Empire!
I've traveled all over this world, from Alabama to Louisiana, and one thing I've found is that people always want to do good.
--Maxwell Custer