home

Author Topic: Elves?  (Read 3090 times)

Offline aaakker

• Members
Elves?
« on: August 30, 2009, 08:43:36 PM »
I have one question on Elves!

In many books it is mentioned that a tribe of wood elves are living in the Empire. While it seems clear they live in the Empire, it is unclear WHERE they are living. And do the local authorities know the Elves live there?   
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:15:11 AM by Perambulator »

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: elves?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 10:36:21 PM »
They live in Laurelorn - near the Nordland area I believe (though I could be very wrong)
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 12:42:31 AM »
Somewhat. They are scattered throughout the forests of the Empire.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline neverness

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 03:10:52 AM »
Yeah, just pick a wood and they're in it! The wood elves are said to be concentrated in Laurlorn, but make no doubt that they're prancing about the Drakwald (and elsewhere)as well, but in far fewer numbers. In the other woods they're competing with the beastmen activity that infests all of the forrests of the Empire.

I imagine the bigger cities probably have had High Elves living in them in small communities since the foundation of the Colleges of Magic, but to a far lesser extent then the woodelves.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »
I thought it was the grey elves that lived in the empire. He not we but living in secluded parts of the empire etc.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 03:45:28 PM »
Wrong. It's definitely Wood Elves. All Elves living in the Old Worlde (aside from those in cities etc.) are Wood Elves.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:17 AM »
So all the elves that live in the old world are wood elves, apart from the ones that are high elves

what about Sea Elves?
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 10:17:19 AM »
Wrong. It's definitely Wood Elves. All Elves living in the Old Worlde (aside from those in cities etc.) are Wood Elves.

Incorrect according to older fluff. Wood Elves live in forests and woods. Elves that live elsewhere are not Wood Elves.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline phillyt

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
Wow, this thread got drudged back to life from more than two years ago and nobody bats an eye?

:D

Phil

Fixed. :::cheers::: -Perambulator
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:14:31 AM by Perambulator »
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
Wow, this thread got drudged back to life from more than two years ago and nobody bats an eye?

*shrug* there weren't enough posts in it in the first place, and I generally only select 'new' so I only saw what he posted. Besides, its not as though it was a good old 'I agree' or 'Correct' type response.

Fixed. :::cheers::: -Perambulator
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:14:48 AM by Perambulator »

Offline neverness

• Members
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 03:12:47 AM »
what about Sea Elves?

The Sea Elves are just the High Elves from Lothern right? The High Elves that pretty much run the navy. The Storm of Chaos campaign book even a list for them that was...interesting. (Merwyrms! How many people ever scratch-built any of those?).

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 03:44:49 AM »

Incorrect according to older fluff. Wood Elves live in forests and woods. Elves that live elsewhere are not Wood Elves.

Isn't that what I said...?

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 04:07:58 AM »
Grey Guardians don't live in the cities, nor in the woods. They are always travelling, watching, never settling.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 05:44:22 AM »
Never heard of them. The "etc." was supposed to take care of the reams of fluff I can't be bothered to read :icon_mrgreen:.

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: Elves?
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 09:10:59 AM »
In the book Gileads blood there are also half elves mentioned but there is naught else fluffwise to strengthen this piece of elfhood.

Oh and before I forget....elves are awesome and everyone that calls them pansies is just envious and wouldnīt say this to a face of a swordmaster of Hoeth or white lion from Chrace  :::cheers:::

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
Oh and before I forget....elves are awesome and everyone that calls them pansies is just envious and wouldnīt say this to a face of a swordmaster of Hoeth or white lion from Chrace  :::cheers:::

My Chaos Lord disagress, and does think they are all pansies.  :-D
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

• Members
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 12:56:15 PM »
Shall we play the my dragon is bigger than your dragon game, or just show me yours and I show you mine  :biggriin:

Chaos suffers greatly from crappy magic items (as HE do) but a prince with a 1+ re roll armour and the talisman of you have no magic weapon is quite an easy match for any chaos lord.

Wait until you see my elves with corinthian helmets (some spears already done but I am still worried about snapping off the heads of my swordmasters) and I will bring fear to all elf haters.

(I might even go on painting them shadow warrior nagarythe like and field them sometimes with DE rules and sometimes with HE rules).

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 01:00:36 PM »
Chaos suffers greatly from crappy magic items (as HE do) but a prince with a 1+ re roll armour and the talisman of you have no magic weapon is quite an easy match for any chaos lord.

Chaos Lords bother taking magic weapons? Flails usually do.  :-D
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

• Members
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
not against other lord choices, especially not with 1+ re roll armour save.....most chaos lord choices I see anyhow are tzeentch sorcerers were seldon the fighty bunch.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
A chaos lord is strength 7 with a flail or great weapon, with 5 attacks at WS8. An armour save of 1+, even rerollable, stops being so impressive at that point.

• Members
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »
he will live and after that he will live even longer :) as 5 A S 5 against 1+ save arenīt that impressive. Advantage chaos lord he is quite cheap with no magical kit whatsoever compared to a full kitted HE lord, but with full save and ward save the chaos lord wonīt dent him. But before this goes into discussions what kit will save which lord we end the discussion by stating that nothing can kill the DE Dreadlord full kitted.

Chaos Lords though impressive arenīt top notch as stated they have sucky items, If I would go fighty chaos lord he would be khorne riding a moloch for frenzy extra fun.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 01:41:29 PM »
A moloch?

And if the lord had a GW, which against Elves he would (Flail is against everyone else, who don't have ASF), he'd be strength 7 next round (unless mounted, but then that's even more masses of attacks).

So now the rerollable 1+ isn't impressive he gets a ward, boo. That item is silly, reroll saves for 10 points.  :-D

And yes, Dreadlord with Regen, inverse ward, and 1+ armour is sick, and unfluffy.

At least the Dreadlord isn't cheating by having two armours or two talismans.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:48:06 PM by MrDWhitey »

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »
two armours and two talisman? The 55 point item granting re rolls to armour saves and a 4+ ward save, other magic kit would be enchanted shield and sword of might on barded steed with dragon armour 1+ save with 80 points magic items spent. Donīt see no cheating there and you just try to proof me wrong I have never seen a chaos lord on foot with a great weapon though yet.

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 06:15:49 PM »
So what happened to the magic item which made magic weapons mundane?

This combo is illegal.

Anyway, flail or great weapon, the first turn is probably when one side runs off like a small girl.

And Chaos Lords don't do good small girl impressions.

Elves however, do extremely good ones.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:18:29 PM by MrDWhitey »

• Members
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 06:18:29 PM »
Not much sense against chaos I think  :biggriin: but if we go back to the start the star dragon high elf lord would eat the flail or great weapon wielding chaos lord before he would get to strike....but that would be too convenient for my argument I guess.