home

Author Topic: Somewhat cav-heavy 2500 pts list, needs your sage advice :)  (Read 569 times)

Offline Shoganai

• Members
Somewhat cav-heavy 2500 pts list, needs your sage advice :)
« on: November 11, 2012, 01:21:44 PM »
Characters:
Kurt Helborg
Wizard Lord - Lvl 4, Dispel Scroll, Talisman of Preservation, warhorse
Captain - Barded warhorse, White Cloak, lance, Full Plate, Shield
Warrior Priest - great weapon, heavy armor, Enc. shield (In Halberdier-unit)
Warrior Priest - Barded warhorse, great weapon, Heavy armor, Dragonhelm (in IC-unit)

Core:
4x Knights - Musician, Champion
12x IC Knights – Champ + std. bearer, Razor Banner
30 x Halberdiers - Std. bearer

Special:
3x demigryphs - Champion
Cannon
5x Outriders - Champion w/ repeater pistol, Musician

Rare:
Celestial Hurricanum
Steamtank
Helstorm

I hope this looks like a both fun and competive list, but since I'm new to Warhammer i'd really appreciate some feedback :)

Offline humanityunited

• Members
Re: Somewhat cav-heavy 2500 pts list, needs your sage advice :)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
Ok, let me spot some errors.
- Your warrior priest on foot will not be able to use his enchanted shield in close combat, because his great weapon requires two hands to use, check p. 90 of BRB (the rulebook).
- Also, the minimum size of a knights unit is 5 models, check p. 91 of our army book.
- I think you forgot to mention that the mounted captain is the Battle Standard Bearer (BSB). If he's just a captain, make him the BSB.

Suggestions:
- I think 30 halberdiers are too few. I would like them to be 50, but other people think that 40 are enough. I would drop the warrior priest on foot to find the points. He won't help much if the unit breaks and flees anyway.
- I would give the Banner of the Eternal Flame to the demigryphs, and try to find the points to take 4 of them. You don't need the champion, just take a musician and a standard bearer if you give them the flaming banner.
- I would also drop the champion from the 5 knights unit (nilla knights).
- Give the halberdiers and IC knights a musician.

Questions: Why is your wizard on a horse? Where are you going to put him and what lore is he using?
Quote from: Grutch
We're a dramatic bunch.