home

Author Topic: any advice?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline captainguther123

• Members
any advice?
« on: July 13, 2007, 09:44:38 AM »
hey every1. i am going into battle tomorrow with a skaven horde. honestly, they are not my common opponent so im looking for advice on tactics, units and spells to use. the battle lines have already been drawn up. there is also a dwarf thane throwing his bunch in with mine, while a dark elf noble is prepared to work with the skaven (for the right price). im not worries about the elves as i have massacred them everytime they show their skinny white faces on my feild of battle. and the dwarfs are the most useless midgets i have ever known. so in the end i beleive it will boil down to me and the skaven.

i wish to have a 2000 point army that can hold the brunt of a tide of rats but may (if needed) hold their own against a unit of cold one knoghts and reaper bolt throwers.

any advice is welcome. :icon_biggrin:

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
  • Stirland River Patroler
Re: any advice?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 09:52:41 AM »
Well, I may not be a very successful general but this might help. But I have a friend who plays skaven so I might be able to gove a few tips.

1st. Do not underestimate warpfire or warplighting. Get your state troops into combat as soon as possible or his magic and shooting will hurt you.
2nd. Do not leave your warmachines and and shooters unprotected. Gutterrunners and assasins can be very tricky at times. A few small detachments such as archers can easily overcome this problem.

This is all I can say as I have trouble with rast aswell.

Maybe you could give me a few tips against dark elves? I will be versing alot in the next week so I need all the hep I can get.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline richard_de_clare

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 09:54:12 AM »
not much experience against the rats but there is a handy article in the war room bout skaven tactics and how to manage them, http://www.warhammer-empire.com/warroom/skaven%20advanced.php

Most ambiguous topic title by the way  :smile2:
“And thus I am glad to announce that an irrefutable scientific proof exists that Skaven are merely a figment of imagination” – Hieronymous Bach

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 09:57:13 AM »
I think that if we want wins then asking for help in this forum is the way to go.
Mr.Anderssen

Offline captainguther123

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 10:08:49 AM »
thanks for the advice. ive had an annomous tip off that my skaven foe intends to use poison wind globerdiers. i have no idea what they are? can any1 spread any light on the subject?

Offline MrAnderssen

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »
When an aenemy has poisened attacks then if they role sixes when hitting then those attacks wound automaticaly. Can't remember about globadiers.

Mr.Anderssen

Offline Mark Perry

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 10:33:02 AM »
They are nasty, if I rember rightly they skirmish and throw poison orbs, you have to take a toughness test, if you fail you take a hit with no armour save, they can throw in combat.

The best way to deal with them is rocket launcher, Mortar, or charge with knights to do enogh damage to force them to flee.

Watch out for the plauge spell, you must stop that at all costs!

Try to turn a flank then use your knights to exploit it.

Good Luck