home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2022 ...  (Read 6541 times)

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2022 ...
« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2022, 05:10:41 PM »
6 Black Templar Intercessors done. 

In Progress:

4 Death Guard Plague Marines primed last night.  (grenade launcher, sgt with power fist and plasma pistol, Icon Bearer, warrior)

Cleaning/Pinning/Building 10 Novitiate Sisters of Battle. 

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2022, 01:40:18 PM »
Been too busy running a the Pre-Game Reconnaissance Turns via email for a campaign set for a full day in October on 14 tables of 6'x4'.

Plan to work out what scenery pieces I need to help with the tables, and then will list those for October.

Updating ...

September Goals
Sharkbelly ... Queen Khalida, Lght Wizard, 2 acolytes.
Grutch ... 6 Black Templar Intercessors, 4 Death Guard Plague Marines, Clean/Pin/Build 10 Novitiate Sisters of Battle.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2022, 02:57:19 AM »
For October ... did a ton of scenery pieces the full day Snappy Nappy Campaign-in-a-Day event for 7 of the 14 tables of 6'x4'.

October Goals
GP ... completed 10 new hills/ridges, painted 2 redoubts, cut out fabric for multiple ponds, roads, streams, and woods.

Starting for November ...
November Goals
GP ... finish 2 large ridges, 2 half ridges, and one alpine trench piece, finish 8 Perry 28mm French 26th Chasseurs.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2022, 04:28:01 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2022, 03:00:42 PM »
Not done much in the past months but did obtain GW’s Miniature of the Month to enter the local shop’s painting competition so I should make an effort to photo and add to my thread on here.

November goal:

To post Miniature of the Month photos.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2022, 04:29:12 PM »
Updating ...

November Goals
GP ... finish 2 large ridges, 2 half ridges, and one alpine trench piece, finish 8 Perry 28mm French 26th Chasseurs.
JAK ... post Miniature of the Month photos.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2022, 04:56:52 PM »
Like many I’ve not done much during the later part of this year. I’m currently having a sort & clear out to discover what projects I’ve half-started or forgotten about. I don’t know if I’ll be able to commit to setting monthly targets or not in 2023 but I will be trying to keep focused on the old rather than starting anything new.

This picture only tells half of the story – I also have 40+ little bags each holding a figure and the name of a Discworld character related to the undead/lowlife of Ankh-Morpork; the Guild of Beggars, the Fresh Start Club, The Black Ribboners, etc. which was to be the next project after the City Watch back in the mid 2010s. I appear to have lost the hand written notes I had to go with these figures; hopefully I left some electronic ones  on an old PC or backup otherwise I will need to research a bit before starting most of them.   

So it looks as if I’ve enough to do next year, just don’t know where to start, but fortunately the local GW stores appear to have stopped the monthly painting competitions.

Offline Borderguy190

• Members
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2022, 10:47:28 PM »
Very excited to see a 2022 thread. I have been away from most forums for a while now. Glad to see people painting and collecting and enjoying the hobby. Deployments leave me without solid computer access, or the will to talk hobby stuff. I did start taking models and paints with me to make some progress.

Hoping 2023 is a better year, but its already looking down as i barely dodged a month-long deployment for January.

Keep up the great work, guys and gals. I need the inspiration to do more than count and look at my models like a demented Scrooge Mcduck.