home

Author Topic: TEG6: Lizardmen Tactical Thread  (Read 36763 times)

Offline SevenSins

• Members
Re: TEG6: Lizardmen Tactical Thread
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2013, 09:01:31 PM »
Still paying attention, just not that many decicions to chime in on  :biggriin:

Charging the demi's was a sound plan, and they failed the reform, good stuff.

As long as the TG survives we'll be allright I reckon

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2013, 09:27:26 PM »
11 PD?

Think I am glad our Slaan is in combat this turn?   8-)

Not really sure what we stop here.  It really is just all heals for the STank at this point.
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »
Not much to add here either...
Stop throne so any random miscast will have an effect. I don't expect him to be 6 dicing anything, but just trying for every spell he can.
Basically stop each spell you can in order....he could always fail to cast with a bad roll....especially if he gets greedy.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Forumite

• Members
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2013, 12:34:52 AM »
It was a good move to put the Slann back into combat. Just too bad about the nukes, and Tetto'Eko dying, he could have kept up the magical barrage while the Slann was off scaring demichickens.

Heīs got Awakening, Dwellers and Flesh to Stone left. Depends on his rolls, etc, but I think Flesh to Stone is the priority spell to stop. He can gain points by killing skinks, or stop us from taking points from the Stank, but killing the Stank benefit us more than helping a unit of redirectors. For next turn a 6d Wildform goes on the Temple Guard, the Stanks toughness must not go up or we wonīt be able to kill it.

• Members
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »
It was a good move to put the Slann back into combat. Just too bad about the nukes, and Tetto'Eko dying, he could have kept up the magical barrage while the Slann was off scaring demichickens.

The thought of that fat toad doing something "behind" the Chickens....sounds like a fairy tale gone wrong.  I might need some counseling thinking about that one.   

:unsure:

Depends on his rolls, etc, but I think Flesh to Stone is the priority spell to stop.

That STank is going to be hard to take down regardless.  Especially if they get a few spells off this turn to heal it.

The counter thought is....what if the Demis fail their -1 Break test and the Slaan is free to nuke?  Then wouldn't having the Skinks around to get that final round of Poison Javs into the Wiz be a sweet finale for this TEG?   :evil:
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2013, 12:58:49 AM »
I think Roth will likely 4 dice both the last 2 spells giving him the edge on dice. I think you need to try and stop whatever he casts first provided he rolls low. We will be lucky to stop either spell.
I agree we need to stop flesh over dwellers though....it gives the TG 3 rounds to finish the STank. If the Slaan is good enough to break the demis then we should back his ability to nuke/death snipe the mage. Besides we shouldn't lose all the skinks so there may be enough left to sneak that last poison shot in.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Forumite

• Members
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »
Great, we have the last turn.

Movement: All avaliable skinks move up to get an optimal shooting phase on the wizbunker
Magic: First Hexes, probably only the Heavens Signature spell (on the DGs) has an effect, but make sure to save 6 dice for a Wildform on the Temple Guard. With becalming we can risk the miscast, and they have 5 wounds to take off from that thing. They need the help.
Shooting and Combat: Skinks shoot the wizbunker, TG and Slann fights it out.

There is only two things that we might change with this plan, and thatīs Wildform on the Skinks for S4 javelins, and debuffing the wizbunkers leadership, to force them to run. I donīt like their chances though, they wonīt take the wizard without a lot of luck, Iīd rather go for the Stank.

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2013, 02:27:30 PM »
Been busy, but checking in when I can. Looks like you've got this well in hand.
Bring out the mop and broom sammay.  I want to see you clean this house.

Offline Scalenex

• Members
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2013, 10:20:30 PM »
Great, we have the last turn.

Movement: All avaliable skinks move up to get an optimal shooting phase on the wizbunker
Magic: First Hexes, probably only the Heavens Signature spell (on the DGs) has an effect, but make sure to save 6 dice for a Wildform on the Temple Guard. With becalming we can risk the miscast, and they have 5 wounds to take off from that thing. They need the help.
Shooting and Combat: Skinks shoot the wizbunker, TG and Slann fights it out.

There is only two things that we might change with this plan, and thatīs Wildform on the Skinks for S4 javelins, and debuffing the wizbunkers leadership, to force them to run. I donīt like their chances though, they wonīt take the wizard without a lot of luck, Iīd rather go for the Stank.

Forumite speaks with much wisdom.  I'd go with what he's saying here.
I support Daisy the Horse for the vacant seat of Elector Count of Averland!

Offline SevenSins

• Members
« Reply #184 on: October 08, 2013, 07:30:48 AM »
And that's a wrap!
Pretty good fun all in all, enjoyed this one, cheers all participants :::cheers:::

• Members
« Reply #185 on: October 08, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »
Lizard team-

I appreciate your assistance throughout this whole TEG!

I know for several of you this type of list was foreign to you and it wouldn't have been your first choice.  Thanks for sticking with me and giving Empire the best we could muster.

We spent a lot of time in the beginning trying to finalize the list.  Now that the battle is over, what do you think about all our choices?

The Sallies and Krox performed above their weight class-  however, I think if we ran this exact battle again, we wouldn't get the same result out of them.  Sallies should have been dead by cannon T1, Krox reduced on T2.

I really missed having some fliers-  and I think Rothgar felt the same way about his list.

:::cheers:::
HHG

• Members
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »
I know we are cranking up a 10,000 mega-battle, but if you participated in the TEG, please take the time to give some after action comments in the Battle Thread.

What did you learn? 

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2013, 05:30:03 PM »
I think I've mentioned to you, HHG, that I've never been on a side with such overpowering magic dominance. It was striking to me how unbalanced that was, and how crucial to the Lizards army. We got off several important spells when we needed them and, conversely, blocked several Empire spells they really needed.

I think the Krox are a mixed bag. They're not cheap, and they're relatively vulnerable. On the other hand, S7 is mighty. I hear you thinking about a big block of these fellas, but I'd suggest that several small, 3-man, blocks would be extremely effective. They have decent movement, which would allow you to get them to where you need them, and as smaller targets, would provide less-juicy magic and shooting draws.

Skink cloud was okay. It did the job - slowing up enemy advance and showering targets with poisoned attacks. However, a more mobile list (say mine, for example) would eat those blocks at a rate of 3-4 a turn. I'm not convinced they're that effective.

Which leaves us with the problem of where to put core points. I know you're reluctant to use Saurus, but they are quite excellent against low T troops, and they'll stick around to pin an enemy in place. I imagine that 4x20 saurus could provide a lot of the same interference the skinks did, while having more backbone and filling that core requirement.

Flyers. We wanted them. A hero on a terradon would have been awesome.

Etherial Slann... worked exactly as we hoped, against this list. A bit fragile on his own against characters armed with magic (again, thinking about my list - a captasus with sword of anti-heroes would kill him in 1-2 rounds of combat). Still rather see him surrounded by TG :)

Chameleon skinks - I wish we'd had some in the list. They're so damn good!

Tetto-ekko was amazing. Worth all the points and then some. I don't know why you wouldn't field him every game.

Other skink priests were basically item-holders. The cube was definitely worth taking, but these points could be spent on flying heroes. Tough choice.

Overall, I think the list did what it was supposed to, in your capable hands, HHG. 

• Members
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »
Thanks for the post Sammay.

I agree, the list would have a difficult time with your list.  The key would be maximizing the diverters to block more than one cav unit.  Your vulnerability is getting bunched up.  I would also be aggressive with my combat blocks-  they can dish out some damage.

The Captasus would have to be priority target #1.  I have gotten pretty adept at shielding the Slaan with other units to avoid flier charges and have never had a problem.  Your 3 Capt would be the most difficult test though!

I was tempted all along to go with Metal, but didn't want to appear to be designing the list for Empire.  Plague of Rust and Enchanted Blades would go a long way in maximizing the Poison in the list, along with Searing Doom for nukes.  My old Lizzie list years ago was built like this.  Add in some Chamo Skinks and it gets nasty quick!

I think this could be a future battle in the making once we are done with the other projects we have on the slate!

HHG

Offline sammay23

• Members
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2013, 03:41:34 PM »
I'd enjoy that. My battles against Lizards always seem to be one-sided, one way or another. Either I have a massacre, or my opponent does. Often that can really depend on how I do at diverting/handling the Slann. In my last encounter, I was able to isolate his unit and mop up absolutely everything else on the board :) That wouldn't work with your list.

Oh, and my list has 4 captasi :)