home

Author Topic: Hitchhiker's Guide Rewrite  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Much Less Dense Than Other Lawyers!
Hitchhiker's Guide Rewrite
« on: June 19, 2007, 09:31:01 PM »
Is anyone working on updating the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Empire? If so, I'd like to volunteer my time to help. If not, I'd like to take a stab at it.

Comments? Suggestions? Shoot-downs? :engel:
Quote from: Johan Willhelm
Quote from: Dendo Star
Muppets do not have Hatred!
I bet "Animal" has Frenzy . . .

Offline Rufas the Eccentric

• The Old Ones
  • Members
  • Taken from us May 9th 2008 - But never forgotten
Re: Hitchhiker's Guide Rewrite
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:06:46 PM »
It would be nice, but have you seen what Midaski has added to the "Welcome to the Empire" section?  His initial write up for each Province includes most of the basic info, but people can feel free to add to it.  Kind of a "Wikipedia of  the Empire"
Sigmar on a sling, the stuff some people come up with. . . .

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 03:44:44 AM »
Oh I saw that - I was referring to the 6th Ed "Hitch Hiker's Guide" which was more of a tactical and strategic guide to army building than a travel guide to the provinces. This one:
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/content/view/91/43/

Or was there army building/tactics included in what Midaski is doing?  To be honest I just tended to skip those 'cause I thought it was just the "travel-guide" version. :blush: But if he's includeing tactics/strategy/army building tips, then I'll skip it.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »
OK I've looked over what Midaski's writing but its not what I was referring to. Again, I was talking about a basic guild to tactics and stategy for building an army under 7th ed rules similar to the what was in the link I provided earlier. I know Brynjolf Irontooth is drafting a Tacticia for Empire Characters. What I was hoping for was something along those lines but for the army as a whole.

So I will throw it out there again: if no one else is doing it, I'm going to re-draft the old Hitch Hiker's Guide to update it for the 7th ed. Any objections?

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 06:56:36 PM »
My suggestion is to go for it. If it achieves the quality we expect for this website, I'll post it in the War Room personally.

-Grutch

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 07:27:09 PM »
You got it! :happy:

So now to put my money where my mouth is...  :icon_eek: see you in a few months!  :engel:

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 10:11:52 PM »
I'm going to re-draft the old Hitch Hiker's Guide to update it for the 7th ed. Any objections?

I presume you mean re-writing it from scratch? Otherwise, you should contact the author first (General Helstrom).
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:38 PM »
I'm going to re-draft the old Hitch Hiker's Guide to update it for the 7th ed. Any objections?

I presume you mean re-writing it from scratch? Otherwise, you should contact the author first (General Helstrom).

:happy: Yeah - that was my next question. Thanks!

Offline Perambulator

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 03:11:45 PM »
FYI - I recieved permission from Sikko Boersma (aka General Helstorm), the original author of the HHG to do the rewrite. I will be posting edits as the work progresses.

Offline pitoutoune

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 10:04:57 AM »

Hi everyone!

I'm recently gone back to 6th with some bro' and looking for old fashioned materials.

Sorry to take this threat from underground, but does anyone got this famous "Hitch hiker's guide to the Empire"? I've been looking for it from a long time and can't find it.

Thanks for your help!

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 12:05:52 PM »
It is now in that part of the website that, unfortunately, has not been accessible for some time. If you have a scribd.com subscription, there is a copy available here: https://www.scribd.com/document/400574845/Warhammer-Empire-Tactics.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »
I have a pdf of General Helstrom's original.

Messaged him on FB and he pinged it over within a minute.   :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Now how can I put it in here?
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline pitoutoune

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 03:46:01 PM »
Hi!

Thank you Fidelis for your response. I had a scribd account but it seems it's now payant, so I can't download it...

@ Midaski: Perfect! It could be useful for everyone else to put it on the forum, you can, I think, join him with a response on this thread using the attachment option just under the response window. (If, of course, you got the permission to do so!)

Could you send all my gratitude to General Helstrom?

Thanks both of you for your interest!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 04:05:01 PM »
It would be nice to see this provided on the site.  I am imagining that there will be a point when this site sees more traffic down the line, when GW brings the Olde World back into fashion again in a few years.  It could be good for us to plan on developing this site further, and in ways that will not only attract more folks, but also keep them as regular members of the community.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra