home

Author Topic: Tactical Decision Game 2.2: Magic, Magic, Magic!  (Read 20279 times)

Offline George

• Members
Re: Tactical Decision Game 2.2: Magic, Magic, Magic!
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2012, 01:57:16 AM »
Do does that mean a 5+ armour save if we charge the rusted tank into combat with the executioners....ouch
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »
Do does that mean a 5+ armour save if we charge the rusted tank into combat with the executioners....ouch

Yep.  I am pretty sure that is what Dreadlord is hoping for.

Actually, it is worse than that.  -3 for Str 6, -1 for AP, and one worse AS for Rust.  The tank would only have a 6+ AS.    :icon_eek:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 02:09:57 AM by Holy Hand Grenade »
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2012, 02:31:17 AM »
Hadn't realised they were S6 (thought S5)...any wonder Dreadlord is happy for the executioners to have a go at the tanks.

I say bring it on....based on a plan not to charge in the next turn, but rather try to position ourselves to use both steam guns on the unit instead and setting up the reiksguard for a supporting charge should the executioners charge in.
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline Harshey

• Members
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2012, 02:34:15 AM »
Ok, for our next turn, here's what I'm thinking, assuming we lose 2-3 knights from the magic missile.

We charge the harpies with the knights that are left
Steam tank stays put and takes a shot at the hydra again
If the Demi's on the right are within 17" of the dark riders on the right, we declare a charge and see what the reaction is.
We move our right knight unit up on the hillto threaten the shades if they move forward.
We shuffle our reiksguard to the right and angle them for a turn 3 charge into the middle.
Our knight bus shuffles back a couple inches.
Demi's on the left start to angle inward, but stay back from executioners. 
We hope the comet comes down with a normal range.

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2012, 02:42:54 AM »
So she has 1 dice left after this?
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline Windelov

• Members
Sv: Tactical Decision Game 2.2: Magic, Magic, Magic!
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2012, 04:40:29 AM »
Blue: bring the pain

Sendt fra min GT-I9000 med Tapatalk2

Offline Grazhnakk

• Members
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2012, 05:45:33 AM »
Ouch. I'd say let it go, simply because I don't think we'll be all up ons with the sorceress next turn, and we just might need the dispel scroll.

Not sure whether or not I agree with George - we'll get impact hits with the stanks, which will strike before the executioners. With some luck, we'll thin their ranks enough to keep the stanks alive and possibly even win combat. Dunno yet.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2012, 06:01:53 AM »
Let the spell through brutal magic phase ...on the worst possible result for the dark elf.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:44:37 AM by Fandir Nightshade »

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2012, 06:06:48 AM »
Ouch. I'd say let it go, simply because I don't think we'll be all up ons with the sorceress next turn, and we just might need the dispel scroll.

Not sure whether or not I agree with George - we'll get impact hits with the stanks, which will strike before the executioners. With some luck, we'll thin their ranks enough to keep the stanks alive and possibly even win combat. Dunno yet.

I dont think this changes the 1 or 2 Stank question, warning mathhammer below:

The steam will most proberly survive, although I dont think we will thin out ranks enough, there is stil 36 executioners left, and we need that number to get below 24 before we start reducing attacks (and we need to be very lucky for that). On the other hand we need the executioners to break as the tank can die in the following round. One tank should do about 7 + 6 IH and 7 steam S2 hits =12-13 dead executioners. while the tank should take 12 attacks, wounds  = to hit (12 *(5/6)+12*(1/6)*(5/6)) to wound (3/6) to fail save (5/6) = 5 wounds. The elves will have 2 ranks and banner, so 12 + charge = 13 vs 8, lossing by 5 and requiring a roll of 3 or less = 3/36 = 8%

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:12:20 AM by Windelov »

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2012, 06:50:57 AM »
Let the spell through, the magic phase has been out of our hands since the winds of magic blew. This is what DE do unfortunately though irritating, we should conserve the scroll

Offline George

• Members
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2012, 07:00:48 AM »

The steam will most proberly survive, although I dont think we will thin out ranks enough, there is stil 36 executioners left, and we need that number to get below 24 before we start reducing attacks (and we need to be very lucky for that). On the other hand we need the executioners to break as the tank can die in the following round. One tank should do about 7 + 6 IH and 7 steam S2 hits =12-13 dead executioners. while the tank should take 12 attacks, wounds  = to hit (12 *(5/6)+12*(1/6)*(5/6)) to wound (3/6) to fail save (5/6) = 5 wounds. The elves will have 2 ranks and banner, so 12 + charge = 13 vs 8, lossing by 5 and requiring a roll of 3 or less = 3/36 = 8%

so without trying to work out your math you would advocate charging in with the unrusted tank as we should win combat by 5 and they'd be running due to no steadfast in the forest....i could get behind that argument
My Armies:
Empire
Ogres

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2012, 07:04:30 AM »
Yeah, let it through...if the VK´s survive, they´ll still be able to perform their basic function...taking out/occupying chaff. If they die, well, I´m sure Sigmar will be kind to their brave souls.

If they survive and run away, however, they can go "hammer of sigmar" themselves.  :biggriin:

Offline Wojownik

• Members
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2012, 07:16:45 AM »
Let it through.
Sir, next time I'm in the pub, I'll drink my whiskey in honor of you.

• Members
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2012, 07:33:53 AM »
***Update***

Versus Team Blue
The Executioners now have Enchanted Blades of Aiban.

With the last remaining PD, the Death Mage tosses it at Powers of Darkness and gets a 2.  Magic phase is over for you.

Versus Team Green
Lucky for you, Dreadlord only gets a 1 for number of hits on the Searing Doom.  Of course, one Knight gets melted to his death, but the unit doesn't even have to make a Panic test.

The Death Mage picks up the last die and tosses it at Powers of Darkness and gets a 5+2+1=8.

You throw your Dispel Dice at it and get a 5+4=9.  Dispelled!

Shooting Versus Team Blue
The Shades take 18 shots at the cannon.  4 hits, no wounds.

Shooting Versus Team Green
The Shades take 20 shots at the Reiksguard.  Nothing pierces their mighty armour.

Working TDG 2.3 now.  Keep your eye out for it!

:::cheers:::
HHG
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:16:05 AM by Holy Hand Grenade »
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

• Members
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2012, 07:45:55 AM »
 :eusa_clap:

Great stuff.....and I remember why I hate dark elves.....Damn those pointy eared Sm goth pixies. Damn them thrice the upcoming decisision won´t be easy and we are certainly fighting an uphill battle but everything is still open. Lets bring it on team blue.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »

so without trying to work out your math you would advocate charging in with the unrusted tank as we should win combat by 5 and they'd be running due to no steadfast in the forest....i could get behind that argument

That was actually for the rusted steam tank, it doesnt make that much of difference going from 5+ to 6+ AS, less than one wound and this is with great margins of error..

• Members
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2012, 08:01:49 AM »
:eusa_clap:

Great stuff.....and I remember why I hate dark elves.....Damn those pointy eared Sm goth pixies. Damn them thrice the upcoming decisision won´t be easy and we are certainly fighting an uphill battle but everything is still open. Lets bring it on team blue.

What they can do with snake eyes on the Winds of Magic is truly amazing.   :unsure:

• Members
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
Well....I wouldn´t call it amazing but breaking the mechanics of the winds usually limiting your access to magic but with the sac dagger and their basic spell (they should only get when they choose black magic!!) they clearly break the mechanics similar to the high elves and Lizardmen by granting them free rule over the magic phase with little to be done by the opponent.

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2012, 08:04:43 AM »
The Death Mage picks up the last die and tosses it at Powers of Darkness and gets a 5+4+1=10

Shouldn't the death mage, being lvl 2. Get 5+2+1 (for DE) +1 for arcane ruins ( if in range)

• Members
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »
The Death Mage picks up the last die and tosses it at Powers of Darkness and gets a 5+4+1=10

Shouldn't the death mage, being lvl 2. Get 5+2+1 (for DE) +1 for arcane ruins ( if in range)

Beautiful catch.  My bad-  I copy and pasted the formula from early posts and should have changed it.

Good news for Team Green then too-  the Powers of Darkness attempt is successfully dispelled.

I will go up and modify the post.
   :::cheers:::

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
W00t