home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 110250 times)

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
AoS Adventure
« on: July 03, 2017, 10:51:50 AM »
Well, after a long spell away, which included 2 versions of 40k and the new AoS, I have finally got my s**t together and have a mostly completed hobby room. I bought my first paints yesterday (space wolves?!) and started were I left off. Felt fantastic to paint again and I looked at my overly big 6x4 table for the room and my mouse eaten battle mat with only a couple of delapitaded trees and wood shacks ( I must have tossed my terrain at some point - might have been the flood) and decided to try out AoS. Three a unit of halbediers with a warrior priest, a unit of spearmen with a priest, an engineer with a hochland, and and elf contingent of archers, silver helms, 2 lion chariots , a Mage on a dragon, an arch Mage against a tzeench army of 60 horrors, a herald, two 6 man units of flamers and a unit of screamers plus a lord of change. Horrors were 2 x 20 plus 2 x 10 summoned units.
Not sure what I was thinking regarding balance but I didn't care. An outpost to hold off the horde?
Anyway, made it thru 3 turns before I had to sleep. Freakin loved it!!!
The helms were terrific so far against the horrors. Flamers and screamers are pretty tough and dish out a lot of pain but my rolling is still crap. Priests are still standing but the halbediers had enough and the last for ran. Lion chariots are fun and the archers are still standing though decimated. Really enjoying this new game and it's so easy to play.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:32:50 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
Re: New start
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 11:19:50 AM »
Haha, that's fantastic to hear!  :biggriin:

I need to get a hobby room for myself one day.  Definitely would make things a tad easier.

Great to know you got back into the hobby with both feet on the ground and kicking chaos' mutated behind. :::cheers:::
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 11:49:18 AM »
Any chance to see your completed hobby room Artoban? These are great news! :icon_razz:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 11:58:24 AM »
When I get back from work I'll take some pics. It still needs work but what the hell 😸
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
Ha nice that your back into the hobby mate and even happier that you are enjoying it again!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 06:45:30 PM »
Here goes. I've purged about 6 times and there is still too much 😺

https://imgur.com/user/arkitrave24

P.S. Let me know if this worked. First time with imagur
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:48:12 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 09:16:07 PM »
Not sure what Warscroll to use for this deamon.  :icon_smile:

https://imgur.com/a/qUg73
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 10:14:37 PM »
Not sure what Warscroll to use for this deamon.  :icon_smile:

https://imgur.com/a/qUg73

I hope that deamon cat is not chewing on that spear!

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 10:22:30 PM »
Sadly yes. That's exactly what she is doing 😸 That's from the very first regiment I painted some 13 yrs ago.  I was such a newb at the game, I named it the Aslan regiment as liam was crazy about narnia at the time.

Did the man cave pics turn out?
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 06:23:36 PM »
Trying new wordpress thing.
Here's a pic of the new hobby room. Still lots of junk but one tiny bit at a time.

Seems to have worked this time! 😸
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:36:05 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 11:21:45 PM »
A night off so out comes the empire and orks. My master engineer with hochland is hot. Can't miss and dishes out hurt. Had a block of sigmarite sisters that I use as greatswords and they have been a nice wall against a unit of hoppers and a chariot. Missed out on the scythes with both charges and they really are not that hard hitting as I remember. All units of hoppers have bolted due to low bravery but as a screen they worked well. My flaggellants took a beating against the mangler. Man can that thing wallop. Grimgorn and his 25 black orcs are taking awhile to get up front and personall but the screens have saved them any punishment. At the end of round 3 so taking a break but it is fun. And best of all I always win 😺

Deamon cat takes out spearman in last fight. Was chewing on a squig this time but I left the phone upstairs.

Deamon cat 2
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:39:25 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 05:51:55 PM »
Well , 2 games under my belt. 1st minor victory for tzeentch over empire and 2nd draw for empire - orks. Lots of fun. Forgot about the doggone run until about turn 3 of 2nd game. Then it sped up nicely. I don't bother with points at the moment. Just throw a good group into it and see what happens.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 07:15:05 PM »
don't bother with points at the moment. Just throw a good group into it and see what happens.

I've been doing a couple of games like this. It's fun to get a couple of similar forces together and see how it goes. Last game I had with a few other players was a last stand. Everybody got a handful of guys, and one guy got a force equal to all of them. Can the rag tag group hold out?!

The answer sadly was no, but that's more due to the snobbish elf player who left us all to die. (Although it was all good roleplay and tons of fun!)

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 07:32:53 PM »
Ha!ha!👆 What can  you say about a snobbish elf player? Now I need to come up with a lot of terrain that went missing so I've been looking around at various bits of junk. It's a actually loads of fun. I also don't miss the stress of needing to outfit entire army's in order to play.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 02:59:46 AM »
I wish i had a hobby room like that. :-(
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 05:17:56 AM »
I wish i had a hobby room like that. :-(

Thanks warlord! I actually started a year and a half ago. Everything came from left over jobs from work, drywall, steel stud, t bar, tiles ,
Paint, shelving lol and it was all concrete and stone before.  Except for the floor which was purchased for the basement and upstairs 4 years ago. Since there was no money in the budget for frivolous stuff, it took awhile. I could only afford this as I did everything myself. (Bonus for doing it for a living 😸) the paint cabinet was an old kitchen cabinet from a condo kitchen I did in February so it didn't quite fit  the custom whole I had made. Still it was easier than making it. Just need to fill in the wall around it. My wife , who hates this 'frivolity' (!!??) actually gave her blessing as a sanity saver. I couldn't believe what I heard lol. It's good to be back !
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 09:53:54 AM »
Excellent! :icon_biggrin: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 03:29:00 AM »
Ha nice that your back into the hobby mate and even happier that you are enjoying it again!

Thank you sir! Now you must accept your part in this all 🙀
I had said something in a previous thread so I had to look it up.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,33059.msg1013453.html#msg1013453
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 03:44:44 AM »
Haha, that's fantastic to hear!  :biggriin:

I need to get a hobby room for myself one day.  Definitely would make things a tad easier.

Great to know you got back into the hobby with both feet on the ground and kicking chaos' mutated behind. :::cheers:::

Kicking chaos around is just plain good fun. Unfortunately they got a minor win out of it but there's always next time. I have to admit I'm enjoying this burst of hobbying. Just the looseness of the game is what I think I like about it the most. And I get to use units I never thought possible. Who would ever field empire spear men in their right minds? In they go now with their damned white and red quarter paint job. They were my first and last of that colour scheme. I remember almost going crazy and never liking the finish job.
Anyway, back at it! Thanks Baron for all the positive input towards this. It was a great inspiration for me as well to get back in the saddle 😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 08:56:39 AM »

Thank you sir! Now you must accept your part in this all 🙀
I had said something in a previous thread so I had to look it up.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,33059.msg1013453.html#msg1013453

Haha, thanks for the praise!
But I might be the inspiration, you still did all the work!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2017, 03:33:34 AM »
Your man cave/game room looks really great! I love the cat! :biggriin:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2017, 09:33:56 AM »

Thank you sir! I wish I had got the pic of the cat chewing on a squig. My sanity is slowly returning with a hobby outlet. I was looking at hamsters terrain and I started on a piece last night. I'll post a pic when it's ready.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 03:56:58 AM »

Thank you sir! I wish I had got the pic of the cat chewing on a squig. My sanity is slowly returning with a hobby outlet. I was looking at hamsters terrain and I started on a piece last night. I'll post a pic when it's ready.

If it was a Mangler Squig then I'd be worried! Please send the pics - I'm also looking for a terrain building inspiration. :smile2:

Gneisenau

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 08:46:43 AM »
This is pretty rudimentary but it matches my budget lol. It was from a chunck of white foam insulation left over from some bloody job.
I have a tool that heats up a wire and you can melt/carve what you need. Scored the surface to look like stone. (I would hate to be the mason that had to lay those blocks). Then I based it with nuln oil. Then I'll dry brush fenrusian grey on it. Maybe some green in the ground grooves to represent overgrowth.

Edit:Yipes these pics are huge!!this hasn't happened before.
Edit again: fixed thanks to padre's instructions on width and height 😺
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:52:56 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 01:39:59 PM »
Out of curiosity, why are these pics so damned big?  They were taken and stored exactly like the other ones but they are a complete pain to look at! (Never mind the painful content 😺)
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020