home

Author Topic: Remove Flagies as Core?  (Read 14032 times)

Offline Hurin Thalion

• Members
Re: Remove Flagies as Core?
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »
Does anyone else get a good chuckle out of seeing "Long Drongs" written several times in this thread. I know it's a unit, but I keep thinking that if ever I took them, I'd model their Champ to look like Ron Jeremy...

Anyway, on to the topic at hand, I kind of like the flexibility of Flagellants being able to be Core. Only one keeps this balanced and fluffy. I think it would be nice to amend the rules in such a way that a Warrior Priest can join, but either cannot leave, or takes damage for attempting it.

I also disagree with all the people saying that we should keep all our stuff at the power level it is now. Empire troops used to be +/- average. Now they're BELOW average and if everything else keeps creeping up in power while we stay the same, Empire soon won't have a chance.
Out of Doubt, Out of Dark
to the Day's Rising I Came
Singing in the Sun, Sword Unsheathing

Offline Freman Bloodglaive

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »
There was an actor called Long Dong Silver. I'm sure he used a prosthetic on camera.

It's not the fault of the Empire that they are on the low side now. GW set them to be the baseline and then proceeded to overpower and undervalue the units of every other army (except for Orcs and Goblins).

Toughness 4 Flagies, perhaps with WS3 will get them back in the game.

It's the other books that need rebalancing really.
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline Hurin Thalion

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
There was an actor called Long Dong Silver. I'm sure he used a prosthetic on camera.

It's not the fault of the Empire that they are on the low side now. GW set them to be the baseline and then proceeded to overpower and undervalue the units of every other army (except for Orcs and Goblins).

Toughness 4 Flagies, perhaps with WS3 will get them back in the game.

It's the other books that need rebalancing really.

Hey! Orcs iz da best! :lol:

Anyway, I don't see GW ever nerfing the other lists. Uber units just bring in too much money for them. The game is secondary to sales. I'm sure they'd rather have 1000 people buying their models but never gaming with them than 500 playing and gaming. It's sad but true.

• Members
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 09:33:44 AM »
Orcs are the most balanced army alongside Empire. Dwarves (with the exception of the anvil, and then mainly with Thorek) are close enough.

There should be rules prohibiting any other army being played.  :biggriin:
"Reason is a thing of God, inasmuch as there is nothing which God the Maker of all has not provided, disposed, ordained by reason - nothing which He has not willed should be handled and understood by reason" Quintus Tertullian

Offline Hurin Thalion

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 08:33:47 PM »
When an uber Army Book comes out though, it gets people to buy it in hopes of winning more games. I know a lot of people who have a couple units here and a Hero there for multiple armies because of this. This is how GW wants it, I think.

• Members
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 05:51:30 AM »
I started with Dogs of War which I never really got finished. For me Empire are a step up in power level. Wow, real magic items!