home

Author Topic: Round 8 - Tactical Discussion  (Read 5436 times)

Offline jmanwarhammer

• Members
Round 8 - Tactical Discussion
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 08:05:20 PM »
So what be the priorities then?
Larry: WOW! Three sixes in a row!
[Elsewhere]
Darth Vader: I feel a disturbance in the force...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2005, 10:11:41 PM »
Quote from: jmanwarhammer
So what be the priorities then?

Look in the 'Actions' thread :roll:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2005, 04:28:59 PM »
I should have a result tomorrow (that is, sunday). Either against undead or lizards, possibly even ogres. :shock:
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2005, 06:50:44 AM »
I have one Minor Victory no modifiers.
One Massacre vs Empire.

If my figures are right T-Land will successfully take Bechafen.

It doesnt help not posting our skirmishes there even if it means we reduce the the riot control rate because we still add more than we reduce the riot rate by and whatever we add needs to be beaten by 50%.

EG. We add 400, Riot rate goes down 200 there is still a global increase of 200 wich adds a required competing rate of 300.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2005, 07:55:13 AM »
According to your Rorrak's standings we are only just ahead at TUW, the majority of stirlands posts have gone there.
Can I post my full mod massacre there? (dismal weekend :( few games and few results)

Today the round closes, where do we post gentlemen? I dont want to lose the opportunity to post my battle.
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005, 08:30:22 AM »
Well the Maths seem to  have gone2 wrong somewhere? The Talas have come up with some big scores..............

I reckon Talabecland need to post about 2300 points more at Bechafen, and they will have an overall lead.
They are 4575 behind at present, and 2300 would halve the riots total even more.
If we post the 2300 then they have to score 4600.

We need a bit at TUW to keep that, and then the rest at Bechafen.

Vann Harl you post at TUW and the rest of us can go to Bechafen.

I have 4 games up, as we got 2 in Friday and 2 yesterday, varying points.

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005, 08:34:11 AM »
Two of Stirland's big hitters have not posted any games yet.

T-Land have 1 big hitter to go but he has been random at times. He may not post at all.

T-Land have a huge lead in Bechafen, not enough to contest it yet but will get there next round.

Here are my options.

Fight to keep the watchman and spend the rest in Bechafen trying to keep the gap manageable. We have to keep the Watchman in this scenario. That gives us 4 Territories along with T-Land. We have already posted 4 battles at TUW so it seems like a waste.

or

Fight to keep the Watchman and post some at Brustenbruck bringing Brustenbuck closer to contest it next round with a slight possibility of taking it to contested ?

or

Give up on the Watchman. Attack heavily at Brustenbruck. They have very little to retaliate with. This gives us 3 Territories with 2 contested. It gives T-Land 3 Territories with 1 Contested.

I would tend to favour option 2 but that does require a decent wad of good battles to go to TUW first.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005, 08:42:01 AM »
Hi Rorrak - I like the Brustenbruck plan, BUT do we have enough battles?

I just posted an actions addition, suggesting Bechafen as I think Talabecland could soon have an overall lead.
I am not sure of the Bechafen control rules?
 :?: Is it 50% more than all the other factions? :?:

Not sure if Stirland are all fighting now? Do we risk it?

:wink:

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005, 08:43:02 AM »
Ok, as of the Latest update all of T-Lands big hitters are posted and Bechafen has indeed been taken unless we do something.

We are still missing two big hitters from Stirland. This is a concern

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2005, 08:45:08 AM »
I agree with you. I think we are shy of battles this round and so must plan with that in mind.

Nervous about TUW but what can we do ?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2005, 08:49:09 AM »
I've just seen the Cato posts - that makes a difference - they now have an overall lead of 4475 points at Bechafen.

While the riots factor keeps dropping everything we post at Bechafen will only catch them up by HALF - then when riots is NIL we can make full points count.

So 14600 points will bring Riots to ZERO. Have we got that?

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2005, 10:14:36 AM »
I had to post now, going out on a support call and may not be back in time.

I slipped my small battle in at TUW just to put it out of reach of two good reports. The big battle posted at Bechafen.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2005, 03:50:41 PM »
I've whacked out 31 emails today rallying the troops - we'll have to see if it does any good. :wink:

I have had some back :!:

Jmanwarhammer, LizardKing, and Wilhelm Von Ostersol - your email addresses, listed on your details on this site, do not work :!:
 :?:

Offline rha celt

• Members
Early games
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »
I didn't think I was going to be able to get any games in this session. I was wrong. I didn't have to go in to work until noon today. We played three 1500 point games today before work and I managed two solid victories out of the three. I have very rarely ever played warhammer in a bathrobe while sipping my morning coffee. It cost me a steak and eggs breakfast for my neighbor but it got him to play. Hopefully for the next round I will have a few more.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2005, 06:09:27 PM »
Wow talk about dedication. :)

Offline Guvnor

• Members
  • I'm just north of London
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2005, 06:16:17 PM »
I've just posted my battle. May be a bit late, but oh well. Lets just hope for the best!  :wink:  :engel:  :engel:
I have one sentence in response to the engineer and mechanical: Empire is post-feudal age, not post-nuclear age!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Re: Early games
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2005, 06:21:36 PM »
Quote from: rha celt

I have very rarely ever played warhammer in a bathrobe while sipping my morning coffee.
It cost me a steak and eggs breakfast for my neighbor but it got him to play.

I have found that food, most notably bacon rolls, makes a very good start for an early morning game, ....................

............... mind you, the image of an opponent in a bathrobe is a little less appealing..............

Edit - It would have had a little bit more charisma if the neighbour's sex had been left undisclosed.
Playing against a female neighbour in a bathrobe - now that WOULD be worth a bonus.
 :tongue:

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2005, 06:41:31 PM »
Well it looks like our little gamble with TUW paid off. No late rush from them means we probably keep it. :)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2005, 07:06:52 PM »
Well I saved a massacre just in case................ you will notice I only posted 3 of my 4 games from the weekend.

The difficulty now will be a short round means what 4 days? Friday or Saturday?

I play regularly on a Friday night, but will it give many of us a chance to play enough if any games?

I can only hope that my e-mailing awakens some of our quieter members who have played some battles recently and not posted them.

However we may have to concede that Talabecland have the edge and probably will be worthy winners considering the number of members they had.
 :-D

Offline Middenland_is_Okay

• Members
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2005, 08:32:26 PM »
Aye, not to mention that their generals are simply superb. I cannot beat Helblaster_Of_Sigmar no matter what army I use. But I think we can still do this, just need to chip in enough battles.
I make no sense, and I don't care!!

Offline Rorrak

• Members
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2005, 09:15:13 PM »
This week is a bad one for me in terms of games.

I'm preparing for our National trounament on the weekend, so one game is all I will be able to muster.

Offline Vann Harl

• Members
  • Wolf Brother
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2005, 05:49:09 AM »
And I leave on Thursday night for the National Tournament. So tuesday may be the last chance for a game for me.

At least If T-land do take it we can claim moral victory of the Sigmarites. The amount of times we beat back attacks on two fronts is legendary!

Middenland the Stubborn!
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde