home

Author Topic: Steveb has passed away  (Read 15582 times)

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
Re: Steveb has passed away
« Reply #100 on: January 21, 2019, 09:00:46 PM »
Really. We are taking over

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Henerius

• Members
  • not Henry
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2019, 05:55:41 AM »
Apparantly, you Americans cannot imagine getting condoleances from abroad.
Therefore, Belgium is now firmly settled in Washington DC.

I also took the liberty of adding Steveb to the "Old Ones" member group. I found that fitting.

hahaha really ?

Really and suprisingly the Netherlands fit in there as well.
Quote from: Commander Bernhardt
don't listin to the evil Henerius
Quote from: steveb
if your fantasy world is not real enough, take two aspirins and go paint.  steveb

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2019, 08:06:18 AM »
Bit of a late reaction, but I wasn't sure on what to do with this information really..but I still wanted to say something

I haven't really had a connection with SteveB via this platform though I always looked up to him as being one of the monoliths of this community, he will be missed for sure! And keep up the good work Zak!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2019, 02:54:58 PM »
What SKS said. The brush and palette forum was never my preferred haunt on this site, and I only go there very occasionally - but one can't spend a lot of time on W-E and not be familiar with steveb's remarkable creativity and collection. Ping pong tables full of cavalry, renaissance helicopters, very uniquely mounted knights - all beautifully done, and all testament to a talented and busy mind that enjoyed going where no one had gone before.

I wish I could say I will miss him personally, but I never really talked to him. But I will certainly miss his presence on the site as a whole, as one of the cornerstones of the forums. He definitely was one of the greats of our hobby, and in all my years here, I never heard anyone talk about him with anything but admiration. And being this universally respected in a community as diverse as ours is no small feat in itself.

So farewell steveb!
 :::cheers:::

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »
On behalf of Steveb wife Peggy. Thank you all for the love and support you showed. Steveb Memorial service was yesterday,  great turn out with full military honors ( he served in the Airforce during Vietnam) She had a display of Steveb work and had many questions about the small figurines  and just how amazing his art was especially on such a small figure haha. Steveb remains are being flown out today ( 1-23-2019) and he will be laid to rest in Illinois, im not sure where.

His collection will be continued to be displayed in as much glory and coolness as I can muster with my limited understanding of technologies haha.

On a personal note thank you for the kind messages, posts, and support. I feel like this site is family in a weird dysfunctional way   :-P

Now be happy and place his memory in a good place in your heads, he would have told you to smile and keep painting !!!  :smile2:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2019, 09:48:44 PM »
Card purchased and will be sent!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2019, 01:52:33 PM »
This is so sad to hear!  :icon_cry: I've been away from this forum for a while and decided to come and check things out again, then found this.

RIP steveb, your collection and friendly posts were always an inspiration to me as well.   :::cheers:::
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2019, 05:00:24 PM »
It is a bit hard to believe he's gone. :icon_sad:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2019, 04:53:41 PM »
This is so sad to hear!  :icon_cry: I've been away from this forum for a while and decided to come and check things out again, then found this.

RIP steveb, your collection and friendly posts were always an inspiration to me as well.   :::cheers:::

Hey Timbor it has been awhile. We are keeping his memory alive through a few media forums so check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBvs0UqI8PKPzW3ViXr_kQ?view_as=subscriber ( Mad Viking)

https://www.facebook.com/worldofsteveb/?modal=admin_todo_tour ( world of Steveb)
Yes I'm dyslexic so what