home

Author Topic: Throwing the Guantlet  (Read 4179 times)

Offline theharangue

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« on: June 13, 2003, 07:30:34 AM »
All right Rieksmarshall.

I have slain your High Elf lackeys.

I have fed upon your Dwarvish allies.

I need to replenish my ranks with the menfolk of your army.

Yes, this is your nemsis,  the Dark Emperor, Justin Kamarg,  and his Consort, Tabitha Fellhands.

We are probing the lines and finding them soft.

I have read your tactics and know all about the Empire.  It is no mistake that my zombies wear the livery of the Altdorf, Imperial Expeditionary Force, my Thralls are cloted in Imperial Heraldry, my the moaning faces of the Spirit Hosts look like your borthers in arms.   :shock:

My troops are so loyal, they serve me forever.

I am coming for you.  You can't hide forever.

Sincerely,
The Forces of the Dark Emperor   :twisted:

aka

-Joseph

Call me, your falling behind in points already.
"F" is for Fire that burns down the whole town
"U" is for Uranium...Bombs
"N" is for no survivors.

Offline Albrecht von Hinkel

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 09:08:32 AM »
Didn't see that coming!

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 05:42:19 PM »
EEk!

-Grutch

Offline intrepidjohnny

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 05:55:25 PM »
heh give me your best shot...

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 07:18:31 PM »
heh, the undead forces have been slaughtered many a time by the Empire Generals across the land. but still thats scary!!!  :shock:
Citizen Erased

Bendy

Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 07:23:16 PM »
Put on your armour.....

draw your swords........

roll out the artillery.....

ready the horses......

BRING IT ON!!!!!

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 09:03:10 PM »
Yo, Grutch, where did ya get that shield/avatar?

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 12:01:39 AM »
Quote from: Albrecht von Hinkel
Yo, Grutch, where did ya get that shield/avatar?

I made it!  But it's supposed to be Blue on the left, Red on the right.  Oops.  I'll have to fix it tonight.

-Grutch

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2003, 07:41:49 AM »
Photoshop?

Offline theharangue

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2003, 05:59:28 PM »
Riekmarsall Grutch dispatched two warrior preists to lead a force to forestall the advance of the undead, in this dark Empire.

Reader Digest Version Batrep

Turn one:
Empire - Mortar misfires
Necros - Zombies turn up in front of mortar

Turn two:
Empire - shoots zombies
Necros - Newly arrived zombies hit generals unit it butt, wasting a turn and preventing a devastating charge on the main skellie block.  Fellbats eat mortar crew.

Turn three:
Empire - The Knights of the Inner Circle say, "Ooooo, ghosts are scary"
Necros - more zombies and fellbats bounce off the back of the crossbowmen.

Turn four:
Empire - Knights of the Inner Circle realize they bought their armor at Bob's Discount Blacksmith.  Two wounds, two ones!
Necros - "What's that smell?"  Rod of flaming death in the butt chases general and unit out of the battle.

Turn five:
Empire - Rally and reform
Necros - Claiming all the quarters.

Turn six:
Empire -  "It looked good on paper."
Necros -  "Ummm, these crossbowmen are delicious."

-Joseph
"N" is for no survivors.

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2003, 08:22:31 PM »
:( poor imperialites... nay do such brave soldiers deserve a fate like that... but we will have venegance at tuesday, ill kick some undead ass!(4000pts) any advice?
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2003, 09:57:31 PM »
Yo Joesph,

Grutch told me that his crossbowmen caused a panic check.  Since they were a detachment how was that possible?
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline theharangue

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2003, 11:13:46 PM »
Whoa...gear down big shifter.  :o

Not my army, not my fault.   :twisted:

It couldn't....  :oops:

However, we already discussed this on our group board that an error was made.

He had had a question in regards to the Icon or the Priests Hatred rules affecting detachments, so I thumbed through the Empire book late last night and realized that I was right, they don't, but WE had screwed up the panic test.

In my defense (because if I had recalled I would not have allowed it to happen) he had had some confusion with deploying detachments and the crossbowmen had spent most of the turns out of its parents range and I was just thinking of them as a unit.  When they were run down WE both just proceeded with what would normally occur.  I measured the distance, he failed the roll and went off the table.

However, it is questionalbe how much it would have mattered as he was facing a rear charge in the next turn and I had clear control of the battle field.

One fun thing in this game (not the only fun thing) was that the fluff for my vampires is that it is a corrupted and raised empire army.  Grutches troops and my zombies were wearing the same livery!!

-Joseph
"N" is for no survivors.

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2003, 11:52:54 PM »
LOL!

I just had to razz you a little.  What was your army list so these lowly Empire types can comphrehend the extent of your greatness?
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline theharangue

• Members
Throwing the Guantlet
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2003, 06:16:43 AM »
Okay to frame this and bring you guys up to speed on our campaign.

Last year was Uncivil Disturbance.  In our fluff the emperor was sucked into warp by a demon prince and the Elector Counts scrambled to seat a new emperor.

I played the traitor empire army and after 3 months and a 20,000 two castle mega-battle.  My count, Kamarg, was made emperor.

Our story invloves a lahmian vampire that was influencing and making him her "swain".  This set up the fluff for my Lahmian army.  Wights use Empire shields,  spirits hosts are scratch built humans, and my zombies wear Altdorf livery.

This is our second year and in Uncivil Disturabance II the loyal forces of the former emperor are trying to overthrow the corrupt and insane Emperor Kamarg.  This "rebel alliance" of humans, dwarves, and high elves are being spearheaded by your own Rieksmarshall Grutch.

This campaign is conducted in six phases.

I) One month of open gaming at 1000 points.  Winning side gets to choose to deploy first or second at the megabattle.

II) One day of group gaming where victorious armies will get a "free" war banner that can be carried by any unit with a "banner" option.  1500 points.

III)  Open gaming for one month with 1999 point armies.  Winning side get to choose which side to deploy on at the megabattle.

IV) One day of group gaming where winning armies will get the option of bringing a 300 point reserve unit on in turn 2 as opposed to turn 4 during phase 5.  (We are preparing our armies for the LAGT which is 2150 plus a 300 point additional unit.)

V)  One month of open gaming with 2150 + 300 points.  Winning side gets to move first or second at the megabattle.

VI)  Final battle for the Empire.  3450 point armies that must include a special character.  This odd number was chosen as it allows Grutch to field the GT army (2150 + 300) and the Emperor.  So we will have a dozen or so Special characters duke it out for the fate of the Empire.

Phase I ended tonight and the forces of evil dominated with 12 victories to 7.   There were 4 draw as well.

Tomorrow is the Phase II campaign day.  We are looking at 12 gamers playing tomorrow and drunken hoo haa at my place afterwards.

My army for phase one was:

Ravina Abado (General) lvl 2 Necro with 50 points of equipment chosen based on opponent (Power familiar for Grutch)

The Toad lvl 2 Necro with staff of damnation

Captain von Holen (Blood Dragon w/Flayed Haubrek and GW)  I, very cheesily, sub in a blood dragon thrall in games under 2000 points as I find Lahmina thralls are relatively fragile.  :evil:

19 Skellies w/ LA & S, HW, and FC

12 SKellies  w/ LA & S, HW, and FC

5 fell bats

2 spirit hosts

I am in the middle of a rush to finish painting 20 Grave Guard for tomorrow.  My army will maintain above, but add the Grave Guard, 20 zombies and bump that light skellie unit a few.

As for my greatness :?:

Since last summer when I won the Empire  :D  and switched to Lahmian VC; I have won best tactician and 2nd overall in League play, won the last Straticon Tournment, gone 12-2-1 in competetive play since February, won best army at an RTT last weekend, and am currently 5-0 in our campaign.   8)

Oh yeah baby!  Talking smack and loving it.

-Joseph
"N" is for no survivors.